Server Merge Questions:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gramma, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "buy DBC"?

Do you mean cards for subscription? Last time I checked you couldn't buy DBC cards for subscription time. And if you mean buying DBC for marketplace fluff, then no it shouldn't count. And first come first serve, is absolutely the worse thing they could do to this game. Long time players will leave for good.

And sorry no one said anything about it being fair for everyone. And as far as entitlement goes, you're absolutely right that I feel my > 10 years of commitment to being gold / all access / whatever you want to call it, entitles me to the names I chose back in 2004.
    Moonpanther and suka like this.
  2. LordTiras Well-Known Member

If you're making it through all of the other steps I outlined and reaching the point where creation date would make a decision, then yes, too bad, the newer character loses their name. Can you offer ANY other solution after exhausting the other steps that has any semblance of fairness? Why should someone who's been on FP since 2010 get their name while someone who's been on a launch server since 2004 loses theirs, when the two characters have identical play times, subscriber status, and have been active in the past year? Aside from "most recent login" which honestly is no different from the FCFS that's currently on the plate what option is there?
    Moonpanther and Wurm like this.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I don't recall having to do anything when Freeport and Bazaar were merged.
  4. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Could you kindly advise what "other sites" I might look at to determine what, if any, name clashes I may encounter. Thank you. :)
  5. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

This. I too have been a fully paid up subscriber since 2004, and I too feel entitled to some form of priority for that loyalty ( not to mention financial input). If I lost my name simply because I wasn't able to log in the second the naming stuff opened, or because someone else had logged in more recently than me, when I have had it for 11 years I would be very angry & upset. Thankfully I don't think thay there are any other Pipsissiwas out there so hopefully it won't matter unless some petty idiot steals it, but I really feel for other veterans who have name clashes. I'm Pips everywhere - it is my online identity. If I lost the name to someone else on EQ2 to whom the name means nothing I'd be totally gutted.
    suka, Rhodris and IZELLIA like this.
  6. IZELLIA Member

I just do a save layout from the door window and then when at new server - maybe it will work - load layout. Works on current server but have no word on what to expect on new server.
  7. IZELLIA Member

I wish I could hear that from a dev.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

If you were on Freeport then no, you didn't have to do anything, because Bazaar was merged *into* already-populated Freeport.

This time around, Freeport, Permafrost and Nagafen are all getting merged onto a new, unpopulated server.

Pack up and back up, or risk not having a GM team to /petition to later.....
    suka likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no need to pack anything up. I was one of the people merged into Butcherblock. They suggested we clear our mailboxes and we had to put our salesman crates 'back down' in houses so people could buy w/o broker fees, but that was it.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Did you have to empty out your broker? I really seem to remember having to do that when Lavastorm shut down.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

I have a question. Should I take the things I have in the bank out?
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

You do not need to do anything to your bank.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

I did have to relist everything, but I'm pretty sure I left everything in the boxes.. and I didn't have to manually unlist.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  15. suka Well-Known Member

just in your shared bank- you know, the one at the bottom that other toons on your account can get into. your personal bank should be fine
    Siren likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

You do not need to do anything with your shared bank for server mergers.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

the last merger i was in was on eq1 and they told us to empty our shared banks there. i skipped the last one on eq2 because i wasn't actively playing at the time. i was in eq1 during that one. of course though, on eq1 at that time we didn't have housing. so the only thing we could be concerned with were shared banks and guild banks and the guild banks survived intact.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

The last merge my banks and everything were fine. The broker boxes stayed but none of the items were listed.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

thank you, that helps a lot. my guild is wondering how we will know who each other is if our names change. and how the guild will still be together if everyone is renamed. i don't really have a good answer for them except that we have email and we have our facebook group and should be able to reconnect through there.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

We had to pack up shared banks in EQ2 when Lavastorm shut down, and I have also had characters change servers using transfer tokens and my shared bank stayed behind, attached to its original server. I'm not taking any chances; I just use a pack mule alt to grab all 8 shared bags at once. It takes ten seconds, and another ten seconds to put them back once we land on the new server. And it saves so much potential trouble. Also I have had to empty out brokers with server merges before.

I wouldn't take anyone's word for your stuff being safe. They're not going to replace it for you if you lose it, after all.