Server Merge Questions:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gramma, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

If you have valuable stuff in there I would still take screenshots. Just because I didn't have problems doesn't mean there weren't problems. I'm just saying how I remember it working and that it was okay for me.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario - your guild name conflicts (and is renamed), and every one of your personal names conflict, and you are forced to pick new ones (instead of just getting an x on the end). In even that unlikely scenario, you'd still all be guilded, and have no problems finding each other. In fact, your guild notes (both regular and officer) should persist correctly as well.

(ie, if Bob is in the guild, and his guild notes says "Bob Smells Funny" - post merge Bob gets renamed to Fred. The guild notes for this mystery Fred will still be "Bob Smells Funny")

But all of that is unlikely, since he's far more likely to end up as Bobx, and just look funny.
  3. Nevermind Member

When is this server merge going to happen already? And when will the cross-servers dungeons going to be running. My toons are collecting dust and going gray.

By the time Dbg gets everything rolling, everyone's toon is going to be old, crippled, and toothless. Cane and walker mounts should be added to the game...AS A LIMITED TIME COLLECTOR MOUNT THAT CAN BE PURCHASED FOR 25 DBG CASH.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

People don't get booted out of the guild. so you should be able to find guildies easily.
  5. Watchemoket New Member

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I can't find a clear answer anywhere.
    WHEN are the server mergers scheduled to take place and how long will the game on those servers be down to complete the merger? Any accurate info, or just more rumors?
    suka likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You haven't found an answer because no date has been announced yet.
    Watchemoket likes this.
  7. Watchemoket New Member

Imagine my surprise ... lol
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Just a FYI, on Stormhold a bit ago:

Windstalker:Windstalker\/a tells General (2), "We will be posting a ton of answers on the consolidation questions on Monday. There's about 15 population questions answered."
    suka, Siren and HaphazardAllure like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks Adevil!