Server Downtime: Tues, Oct 20 @ 7AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 7:00AM PDT* for an update. Estimated downtime is approximately one hour.

UPDATE: Today's maintenance is taking longer than expected, and we anticipate this will take an additional 30 minutes.

Special Note: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis servers will need additional donwtime as they merge into Maj'Dul. You can get more info on this here.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 7:00AM PDT* for an update. (Approx. 3:00PM London Time on October 20, 2015). Estimated downtime is one hour.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 16:00 CET am 20.10.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 1 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 16:00 CET le 20-10-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 1 heure.

*Time Zone Converter

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they're available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I play on Deathtoll and for me " Maj'Dul is a deadly place where a lot of the battles between factions are carried out.
    I hope for all the people going to a place with that name, that if may be a happy place to dwell in ,( besides all the monsters wild beasts and ghosts and and and .:D
    Again good luck to all computer programmers of Daybreak may this go down without to much trouble :cool::).
    Edelphia, bugs, sgt_abn_duke and 2 others like this.
  3. sgt_abn_duke New Member

MERGE, woot finally....ME next, me next ohhhhh do GUK Please
  4. Nantoh Member

Sebilis(possibly located in US) just gone down.
  5. Eliohia2 Active Member

all servers for reg. maintenance. One hour.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

7. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello, i am playing MMORPGS since 2001 and i never had a more worst timeing for downtimes as in Everquest 2.
    Sorry gus wtf you do a down time during the primetime of Gameing in Europe from which is quit from 14 to lets sy 22o clock a day.:mad::mad::confused:
    Why this damm work cant be done during the night or the early morning time (MEZ) 7-9 o clock or something.:):rolleyes:
    This damm Downtimes in the Europe afternoon arent realy good for your reputation and client satisfaction.

All Players in western Europe are comeing home from stressy work and they want to have fun and they are wanted to play and you are doing a shutdown for what ever, this is not funny and we are angry about that more and more. :eek::confused::mad:
    And let me say after every downtime some things are running wrong we get new Bugs at instances or we finaly get a more than worse LOGIN SERVER which is kicking you 3 times a day out of the game or if you want to enter a dungen it sends you to the chracter window or at least you be kicked completly out of the game.o_O:eek::oops:
    And this is A FACT and not a Fiction.:mad:
    Or the best you are doing your normal duty like flying/crafting/ running / fighting or something and suddenly you get kicked or your client has a unexplainable crash, you must relogin and if your one of the lucky once thier is nothing lost at your character.

Sorry DB Games thier are many things which should be better, we are paying for gameing and not for waiting.
    Its ok that a system has to be updated or fixed sometimes, but not if all want to use it.
    If i would come and want to fix your Coffee Maker early in the morning during you like to use it, you would tell me " move my *** out of our view" and you would ask me what the hell i am doing thier:):):p

Friendly Greetings from western Europe 16:21 MEZ PRIMETIME OF GAMING HERE !!!!!!!!:eek::eek::confused:
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

Dude...it's just a patch, like they have every week. You'll survive, I promise!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

because they want to make sure the A team is on in the machine room and programming office in case of errors
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  10. mitsybitsy Member

want to buy Update notes
    Awkk, Lodrelhai, suka and 6 others like this.
  11. dorotea Well-Known Member

For 50 plat I'll make some up. Accuracy not guaranteed that would be extra. A LOT extra.
    suka, Feldon and Edelphia like this.
  12. Lamium New Member

Hahaha, dude take a chill pill. I live in the UK and I've been playing EQ2 since 2004 buddy. Downtime has always been 3pm for as long as I can remember. (Unless your talking about the "Great hack" where SOE let EQ2 down for over 2 months I believe the final total was. In the end all affected users even got "Make Good" Research Potions for all the lost time that happened.)

We get it dude. You love the game enough to post on these forums and we know your passionate. I barely post on these things but I had to respond to your post. Those guys (be it DBG or former SOE staff [Kander you're a legend btw, got game programming experience myself and do NOT envy your job]) are just as passionate about EQ2 as you are. It's their baby and they want to see it continue.

When people like you go trash talking at them from your frustrations it really doesn't do them justice for the insane amount of work all those guys 'n' gals at the office (Welcome back Domino btw! ^_^) put in just so people like you ONLY have to contend with an hours downtime. It may seem long to you but I wonder if you'd say the same thing were you in the office running around like a headless chicken trying to upload and test the latest patch in time XD
  13. Foretold Well-Known Member

LOL@maintenance rage. Someone has to snap every Tuesday morning....
  14. mitsybitsy Member

Sold but ill Give you 100k if you give me every detail that has changed
    suka and Edelphia like this.
  15. rainy1 New Member

Calm down, take a deep breath. This happens every week for literally years now. Besides, if you look at it from DB's point of view ... it IS morning time :)
  16. Sabrina New Member

I think I can be patient for an hour until the servers come back up but that is only because I am hoping and praying that they are taking the opportunity to remove those maniac killer bunnies from the game. If anything is going to make me cancel my subscription and move elsewhere for my fun it is those horrible killer rabbits. I can appreciate the initial humour but it really wore off fast by the sixth kill. Come on guys the only person laughing is the programmer who came up with the idea in the first place.
  17. dorotea Well-Known Member

Sadly, the idiotic bunny event goes until 3AM tomorrow eastern time (midnight Pacific).

And I wouldn't count on the one hour estimate since its over an hour now and 5 minutes ago there weren't even any update files to download. Unless this is pure maintenance and the reference to patch notes (also non-existent 5 minutes ago) was a mistake.
  18. ruthless619 Member

LOL at this being "1 hour" with a server merge AND a beta launch this is gonna take much longer.... Talk about mis-informing your player base.

New owners same BS....
  19. dorotea Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get annoyed quite yet - anything within half an hour of the scheduled time isn't too bad. It *is* best practice however to post an update at the scheduled time or very close to it to say when things are running late.
  20. Enoibia Well-Known Member

The original post about the killer bunnies did expressly state they they would be in the game for ONE WEEK ONLY, which would end today.

I wish people would read the forums before ranting about something that has been posted already!