Sentinel's Fate Illusionist

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Banditman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Aanadorn68 Guest

I don't even know if I want the damn 3 ticks back. The more I read, the more I remember and put everything together, the more I realize even with super group power regen we will be that much more buffbots. I half heartedly got my illy up to 83, but just cannot go any further and will be playing my healers this xpac. At least if I'm constantly mashing keys it will be to keep my group up.
    The devs willingly ingnore these questions. They definitely look at them, they just don't have the courage to be up front with the people who pay their paycheck. I was on the pre-launch chat event and I repeatedly asked, in a nice and respectful way, what happend with enchanters crowd control and if there was any chance of CC in the future. Every single dev took the fluff questions. Yep that's what we are down to now, station cash, battlegrounds and fluff.
  2. ARCHIVED-foozlesprite Guest

As an illy I'm fine not doing the same DPS as a sorc/summoner, I feel like chanter dps should be 75-80% of an equally geared sorc/summoner's dps. I rolled an illy to buff, CC, and mana regen.
    Buffs, we're doing ok on; though coercers and the bards also have nice buffs. So we're not too differentiated in that department. CC is nonexistent; even solo nameds in overland zones are immune to root half the time, much less trying to mez heroic/epic adds in an instance/raid. But mana regen, now we come to the big problem. For expansions now illy and coercer have been about equal in mana regen. Now, illy has fallen far behind, and even troubs can give us a run for our money in terms of mana regen due to their new AAs. Raids expect us to be able to get mana up after a power drain or death. But right now, it's very difficult since only Mana Flow really helps, and that has a full one minute recast timer (and is single target). The BIG thing that would keep me playing an illy at this point would be a boost in mana regen somehow, via a Mana Flow AA to reduce the recast to 30s or to make it group targeted.
    Another reason our mana regen is so far behind is because of the mythy nerf and the change towards buffbot-ism. Not only did we get 2/3 of the mana from the mythical removed, but that proc comes off of hostile spells. My dps is subpar to begin with and I have to worry about spamming Mana Flow, Savante, Mana Cloak, Mana Tap, Time Warp, Illuminate, Prismatic Chaos, Destructive Rampage, and Peace of Mind every time they're up to keep mana acceptale and the dps happy. I barely get time to dps and proc my nerfed mythical effect, lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

foozlesprite wrote:
    I don't think anyone would disagree, the problem is we're doing 40-50%, not 75-80, and are currently fighting with healers. When inquisitors are your competition on the parse you know someone fubar'd it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

it is really frustrating.....
    I am outparsed now in T9 raids by almost everybody but healers - and the fury coming close if he is not too busy healing on trash. Even tanks outparse you easyily most of the times with 20k+ - the chanters struggling around 10-15k (all on localized servers) real dps classes around 30k it is just not worth puttin the effort into the too. Looks like most melee chars on autoattack can parse higher than a chanter hitting buttons ever 0.x seconds.
    Great job SOE for destroying a class
  5. ARCHIVED-EsztiEdgedancer Guest

so far i don't have any problems with powerfeeding at T9 raids BUT... when my beloved mages/other grp members will get all their T9 masters and we will encounter a power-heavy fight... ya I see the problem is coming.
    about time warp... i like the idea... really nice except for the recast/duration ratio :)... but exactly how am I and the targeted people suppose to use it with our server lag i dont know yet, especially on mobs like Oxdaxius in the Highlands... Crushbone yeah /sigh. my other thought is .. if they wanted to get rid of the chanters (reduce the need for them), why our new ability is grp only LOL
    and about dps, if somebody felt bad/irritated that an enchanter outparsed him/her in the past ...i feel sorry for them, they should improve their game instead of crying about it... as most of you said before we don't have problems with being lower on the parse rank but the drop seems too harsh.
    these are my thoughts.

Reedy
  6. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

I recently returned to Eq2, I loved the Illy in the past, groups would be happy to see considerable differences in plowing threw stuff.
    I felt good, and did some dps but mainly being a great help to the group in that way was great.
    After a while I started noticing some ppl were capped on the stats I was helping with atk speed and such.
    Some ppl didn't even notice there was an illy in the group anymore heheh

The way you guys are talking is like I migth have sunk lower in the being praised for helping the team rank. ???
  7. ARCHIVED-ParmaSniper Guest

Well a week has gone by and STILL no response from a Dev. WoW way to ignore EVERYONE playing this class. I mean seriously how hard would it be to add back 1 tick and give a SLIGHT bump to their DPS? I havent seen one Illy ask for HUGE sweeping changes. just 2 little corrections and the outlook of the class wouldnt be so dim.

So Devs, hello, anyone, hello....

Please can you give these guys a little feedback, and I dont know, maybe actually try the suggested fixes?

They may have broke the class but dont worry, Battlegrounds is doing fine, even though it jacked up servers for days.
  8. ARCHIVED-afterhourpro Guest

Well made a few changes that seem to help a bit on dps. First this isnt a class fix lol so don't rail me here just trying to help a brother out :) I loaded up on gear that procs dmg on melee and spells. Went down the STR line (what was the STR line) and I see that most mobs so far in raid you don't have to joust (unlike TSO). And one of the new adornments has a nice melee/spell proc on it as well. Even found a nice encounter melee/spell proc item. It jumped my dps alot. As far as power goes I havent had any issues in raid. The 1 proc goes off and its back up again for another so no big deal. Time Warp is great on a 3 mage rotation its up again for the first mage by the time it comes back around. It at least for me has made it fun again and the DPS isn't as bad as it was on launch. I do see most guilds on my server looking for illys though :( If SOE could just give peeps a heads up. I think it would help alot. Maby say somthing like "Due to new proc gear we had to tone down the old way of dps to balance end game gear" I don't know hell or lie to us and tell us were all getting $5 off coupons to KFC :) hope this helps peace out.
  9. ARCHIVED-dlove183 Guest

Raveen@Permafrost wrote:
    I've always been melee specced. were you doing this against raid mobs before the changes? have you tried it in the last few days? there was something broken with their AEs. they are one-shotting us again if we are close. I understand that this was SoEs sick joke that we dont get the same crit mods as everyone else because we are melee. our melee skills are supposed to make up the difference. the joke part is that we wear cloth and explode to Aes.
  10. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I was weeding out some old posts on our guild forums this weekend and ran across and old thread where some of the pics were still working. One was a parse from January of 2009. My Illusionist was parsing 13k against a single raid target, sitting on mediocre VP gear, and maybe 170 AA's. Assassins and Wizards were outparsing him, and our Necro and Conjy were neck and neck with him.
    So, 15 months, 10 levels, 50 AA's and a (*@#ton of gear later, I now struggle to parse 11k. By contrast, our Assassins and Wizards are now parsing 20-30k. I've seen our Conjuror parse over 60k.
    That's just wrong on so many levels.
  11. ARCHIVED-afterhourpro Guest

In ROK I was all out melee spec but TSO had so many ae mobs I dropped it and ranged. Probibly 70% of the SF mobs just have a 180* ae so if your right behind them you dont get rocked. But your totaly right that if we do get hit by just about anything up close we are dead lol. On thous fights dps pretty much sucks. Hey heres an idea since our pet sucks :) Add it to our health pet can absorb the ae and die. The recast is soooo long on it I could see this being useful but not OP. Since we are buff machines and when we die it effects everyone we have buffs on would be nice to throw us somthing to keep us up a bit better.
  12. ARCHIVED-Horizons Guest

LET US GIVE OURSELVES TC FFS </3
  13. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

So just checking in on the state of illies, and no change, no comment from a red name and the class is still meh now. Ok, sticking with the shelved ily and corrying on with the paladin, much more fun.
  14. ARCHIVED-da5idblacksun Guest

/SIGNED
    I'm a raiding Illusionist and I finally understanding why people get hurt from nerfs. You get used to your character playing a certain away and derive fun from that. The nerfs have significantly reduced my fun with this toon. Like others I wasn't expecting sorcerer/summoner DPS but the difference now is depressing. I don't understand why we only received reductions in ability and really nothing improved. I used to be proud and happy to be an Illusionist, but now I'm frustrated and embarrassed.
    The power regen is terrible and on power drain fights which used to be a struggle, we are now useless.
    Something that hasn't been mentioned is that Aneurysm seems to not stack if you have more than one Illusionist in the group or raid. Getting the "would not take effect" message is really annoying and throws off the speed. We are all about speed and one miss-fire like that messes it up. Why was this added?? Please add this to the official list of issues. This is small but drives me up the wall.
    I am in the painful process of switching to a Warlock so I can have fun again.
    People only like me for my Time Compression :( I can't even like me for my TC LOL.
    A little developer love would go a long way here. Just sayin.
  15. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

The increase in damage from our T8 to T9 skills is abysmal, our skills already hit for such a small amount that we get the least benefit from raw stats.
    Why are the coercers doing 20k in raids when I am sitting on 15k with the bards? And I have the troubador group buffs too. Even with a full set of new raid gear, I have gained about 3k dps from TSO. The sorcerors and summoners have nearly doubled dps to 35k+.
    Our base spell damage needs to be revamped. Its just way too low for the new stats that you have put in. I dont want to be matching summoners and sorcerors, I just want to be in the same ballpark. Especially since most of our buffs are pretty marginal compared to available gear. The only two stand out buffs are the 5% double attack on TC (the other portion is nearly useless) and synergism.
    Warlocks and summoners are sporting better buffs than us right now. There is no excuse for the complete lack of DPS as well.
  16. ARCHIVED-da5idblacksun Guest

Just ran two instances and get smoked on the parse by everyone including the Inquisitor. A healer did 2k more then me zone wide and solo healed! So depressed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nyoko Guest

The biggest problem I see is, that it might get even worse if the gear level rises. We are still at the beginning of the expansion so there is a lot of stuff still to come.
    We are already below all the other mages and the absolute gap will get bigger and bigger. Our scaling is worse than anyone elses. Because of our low base dmg we get easily capped on ability mod. Our cast speed is already really fast so that more speed means almost nothing to us. Spell double attack does not shine for us too and crit is comparatively less effective because of the lower modifier (1.3).
    I'm definitely not an illusionist expert. Maybe that's the reason i'm out of hope. *sigh*
  18. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

the class has been utterly destroyed with SF changes. IF the damage was too high (despite lots of fixes/nerfs in TSO already) a slight adjustment would have been sufficient. As it is now, an Illusionist will be outparsed on raids (especially on named fights due to the constant kicks/uncureables which lead to constant loss of chrono - even with points spent in the AA) by tanks and some healer classes. Any good dps class will make 3 times the dps of an Illusionist if they know what they are doing. The reduced utility of the chanter classes doesnt justify that nerf as well.
    That development is very disappointing and there are several Ilus who changed toons or left the game, 1 already in my guild who left for another game.
  19. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

My asks of SOE
    1. Add one more power proc back to our mythical/mythical buff.
    2. Put us back to 80% of mage dps (either make our spells hit harder, aa line for potency, I don't care how they go about it).
    3. Allow us to self-buff TC, or remove bard self-buff of BC/UT. If they are going to treat us like bards, treat us all equally.
    4. Make all of our buffs persistent through death! Let us cancel and change based on group changes/need.
    This should become my new signature...
  20. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Chock@Unrest wrote:
    You should care. It's CRUCIAL.
    If they add an AA line to give us Potency, it effectively nerfs us by putting a lower ceiling on our gear progression. Harder hitting spells, or fixing our BROKEN inate crit bonus would be the best way to go about it.
    Another interesting option would be to give us an AA that allowed our item procs to crit.