Screenshots of T6 Berserker Masters

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Aug 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

Dude, enough with the doom and gloom already. I think everyone is aware that Guardians are *supposed* to have better survivability, they are the defensive subclass of our class. We are built with a slightly more offensive build in mind, but still pretty [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] good defense, and plenty good enough to tank raids after the revamp.

It's obvious you think that extra 900 mitigation is more valuable every 90 seconds then the 3 extra attacks. Since you've run all over the forums posting and complaining about it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Do me a favor and [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] if you havent tanked in a raid in beta yet as a berserker.... You know nothing of what we can do, a guardian can do better.... yeah ok what ever you say, i know this i held agro better then the same guard who was tanking in that same raid we did that was supervised by 2 devs....

All this gd the world is fallin bs going around is stupid, IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THAT WE ARE A TANK FIRST COME THE EXPANSION and you want massive dps then i suggest you roll up a Sorcerer or a summoner type because DPS is not what a zerker becomes
  3. ARCHIVED-Mielx Guest

I know my class more than u. I have been reported Fearsome shout is broken few month ago. Seem you are the one who think it is working until recently you finally realize it is broken. haha
    For those who still don't understand the problem, migration always scale up if you tanking harder mob but dps only scale down.
    Lets say , normally you migrate 1000 damage , when you facing harder mobs, it hit harder, you will migrate little more.
    How about dps ? when you facing harder mobs , can you hit harder ? This is the problem. I am not asking tank better than Guardian. 3 counter attack suppose to be 3 riposte.
    I tanked most contested mob before I am retired. If you don't realize extra dps WON"T help you tanking, don't tell me you are a good tank.

We are warriors, warriors are tank. Tank is our main roles. Missing 900 migration thats mean a Guardian without a BP even tank better than u.
    Message Edited by Mielx on 09-02-2005 03:30 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

So go re-reoll a guardian if you want to be THE BEST tank.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mielx Guest

what the matter with u guys ? are u a zerker ?
    We no longer do dps like monk or scout. Wake up will ya ? we are tank. A tank missing 9xx migration for EVERY 90sec.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

All your base are belong to us.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zmobie Guest

Well, let's see. A zerk that is on the beta, playing with the new revamp, and actually tanking raid mobs says that Zerks can tank just as well as Guardians under the new system.

Some twit who can't use spell check, isn't on the beta, isn't tanking anything, says we are less than a Guardian.

Hrmmm... which one should I believe?

I'm, for the first time, starting to look forward to seeing the new revamp.

Many thanks to *all* of the people who have been posting to the various forums, who have been on beta/test server and giving us first-hand, level-headed information about the upcoming changes.

--Z
  8. ARCHIVED-Etherin Guest

I know one thing for darned sure, Im going to 'migrate' immediately to another thread.
  9. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Mielx.......I know your english isnt too good. You maybe Asian or from another country?
    Its Mitigate, not Migrate.
    Mitigate.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mielx Guest

Yes my English not good.

I really don't know what u guys thinking. Did you ever saw a Guardian with over 6000 miligation tanking contested on live server ?? Wrath of Fury only hit him for 1 or 2 hundreds. Zerker cannot never do that.

I am really not asking for tank like guardian. But our new level 60 stupid spell is under power or even not worst for it to exist.

Again , currently the spell isn't RIPOSTE. Mobs hit u , u take the damage maybe few thousand, u proc 300 damage, thats all. And the buff only last for 3 hits.

On the Guardian side ? they get a 900++++ miligation self buff last for 30 sec.

YOU CALL THIS BALANCE ?
    Message Edited by Mielx on 09-03-2005 07:55 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

miligation

/chuckle
  12. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Fair go Mills he is trying.
    Yes i understand what you are getting at Mielx, but understand one thing.
    Berserkers fall in behind Monks / Bruisers on the scale in the Fighter archtype, this means we are not designed to tank like a Guardian. We are in the middle, we can tank better then a Brawler but also do the most DPS out of the Heavy Plate class's in the Fighter arch type.
    This is how its designed.
    I suggest if you can not get used to it and its very frustrating for you to have it be this way, then you may want to consider a Guardian, i mean no offence or sarcasm in saying that, but if you want to tank the big raids and i mean the 2% of the content that Guardians will be picked over all other fighters after the Combat Changes go live, then you may want to look into it. Other then that, the entire Fighter Arch type can tank the rest of the 98% of the game no problem what so ever.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mordicus Guest

Yeah, were hybrids, jacks of all trades, masters of none as it were. You need to reroll, youre playing the wrong class. As long as we can still tank some raid stuff, not all, some, im cool with it. Bit of dps in small groups, awesome. Some things im liking : Still can have some haste if chosen, t6 taunt has an interrupt /drool, still have some useful utility/debuffs, not sure how well we anger mobs but that isnt an issue if you are smart. Seems like the CAs are the same stuff were accustomed to with minor twinks here and there. We have the uber Str buff which makes sense, dont see where the Agi buff came from but not complaining because guards really should be the ones with the highest Sta. If you want to be the guy that tanks 3 ^^^, you need to be a guardian. I routinely offtank with a guardian when needed and can handle 50 + ^^^ , this is before the vamp, i think its gonna be allright. One thing that concerns me is people have said SoE is dumbing it down, less spells to cast, not sure but casting the same several CAs all the time seems boring. I really liked having 5 hotbars open and picking and choosing which ones to use.
  14. ARCHIVED-Benjaboy Guest

well.. lets see.. i wanna be able to tank a little bit better then i can now.. but i also know that if i really wanted to be a tank i should have gone guard, but honestly berserker is dps tank.. which i wanted to be.. and even though they are lowering our dps (which i think is a small mistake because its how we hold our aggro through our dps).. but with this i still think we can tank in small groups and such (just dont get a ranger with his best 2 attacks mastered its not fun trust me) i wish we'd get an sta buff though that'd be nice. cause i liked soloing myself alot but i know we won't be able to do that much anymore.. but all in all i wish they just wouldn't lower our dps as much as i believe they are.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

Berserkers are excellent solo'ers after the revamp.

I've been playing on Test for a couple weeks now, have my Berserker up to 29 now. I will flat out tell you I enjoy playing him with his new abilities moreso than what is on live.

CA's fire faster. You can mix and match lots of abilities for your concentration slots. Our AE's are just plain out more fun and *better* then what we have now. Berserker Assault appear to have *no limit* to how many mobs it can hit. And it's not encounter limited. Same goes with Fury. Yes, you have to be careful when using them, but it's pretty awesome to see them go off and hit 6-8 mobs (or more).

You have a lot of variation and control over whether your doing DPS or just straight out tanking. The whole combat experience just feels much better. Depending on my opponent, I conciously make decisions about what stance to use.

Right now, with the con system in place on Test, you can very accurately judge what the fight will be like and adjust accordingly.

I can't say enough good things about it. I just love the new system. If I want to round up a bunch of greens and AE the crap out of them, I go with Fury/Provoking Defense/Haste. If I want to take on two or three blue one-down arrow mobs at the same time, I'll either go with the same set up, or switch to Soldier's Stance instead of Fury. If I'm fighting an even con or blue one-up mob or higher con, I'll whip out the shield and one hander and go Soldier's Stance/Provoking Defense/Str buff. Provoking Defense line is really quite nice, 20% chance to attack back anytime your hit. And it does nice damage too.

And this is just with him in handcrafted/treasured gear and mostly App1's. I'm eagerly awaiting this to hit live, since my Live toon has all Legendary/Fabled gear and Adept3's/Masters.

Our DPS numbers vs. single targets may not look astounding, but believe me it's beautiful to see what we can do when we are tanking multiple mobs at once.
  16. ARCHIVED-IpseDixit Guest

hemm.. I'm NOT on beta nor on test server; I'm only reading posts in this board !
    I've read that guardians will gain a new "spell" which grant them a 9xx bonus in mitigation every 90 secs and Bers will gain a triple attack which can be used every 90 secs ....

Ok ..... but while the guard spell CAN'T fail at all, the Bers triple attack can be :
    - blocked
    - evaded
    - parried
    - dodged
    - or simply it can miss the target ......
    Can you see the difference? 100% success Vs. xx% success !!
    Not counting that a +9xx Mitigation counts like 1 MORE BP armor; it's like guard will wear 2 BP armor while berserker will wear the usual armor .... and the BP part is the most important piece of armor
    Am I wrong?
  17. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

When I'm reading such posts I'm thinking the person who wrote it never actually played a beserker, otherwise he might have heared of a spell called anarchy, which will boost mitigation for 30sec mit 90sec recast time.
    The reaction of people towards the cc is sometimes really funny. People complaining that eg the avoidance tank monks have higher avoidance than beserkers, that guardians have slightly better defense-buffs than beserkeres, etc.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

First and foremost, the Guardian CA you guys keep referring to most likely has changed. The one you are referring to was a Lvl60 "training" spell. SOE recently changed the training spells to occur at 14-24-34-44-54, and they are upgrades to existing spells. I've not seen a post of Guardian screenshots since the change was made for their training choices, so you are comparing apples to something that doesn't exist, at least in the form you guys are referring to.

Second, yes, the counterattack always lands.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

Apples to canelopamellon?
  20. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

Actually, I thought so too, but I had a Counterattack get parried yesterday.

najena.konk