Scheduled Server Downtime November 20, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitKat New Member

Agrees Fully! Forcing players to play a certain way is wrong! Everyone should be allowed options, not just a certain few, like "those with RL money to blow"...And like other comments, groups in the game now will actually turn there nose up at you if your gear doesn't meet there standards, your level won't even matter! And you will not get one person in this game say to you, "here lets group and we will help you get a piece of gear or two"..I miss eq1 because folks would do that in eq1 /sighs..
    As for DM.. I think everyone has the right to choose to level how it works for them. Like for instance, people who work all day, like my husband doesn't have much time to actually play the game and enjoy it, so he does choose dms to help him level.
    In the end as I've always said, Sony always has there hand out, but does nothing in return for the players. They keep taking.
  2. paa5403 New Member

Seems like this game is going downhill lately, maybe it's time to go back to WoW, LOL.

Time to unsubscribe and go FTP for awhile I think!

I don't know what percentage of players actually group anymore because I am just not one of them.

My own style of play is everything solo, but that is just me.

If/When that style of play ceases to be an option, SOE loses my money, that is all.

It seems to me that SOE could make more money by encouraging that option, making some items for homes that work like amenities and selling them via the Marketplace SC Store.

I dunno, it won't hurt those who love to group, it would only help those who like to or need to solo a lot due to RL time constraints, etc.

Instead of nerfing things, they should just offer XP bonuses for people who play the way they want them to, IMHO.

I remember that old saying from the Verant days of EQ, "You're in OUR world now". I guess it still applies.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Every expansion I've ever experienced with SOE has come with a few days of patches(or just sitting on bugs until the next scheduled patch and I know which one I prefer). That includes the years I was with EQ1. New expansion = multiple patch days. At least bards don't get broken every single patch here.

As for the calling this nerfing of solo play, really, because 2 instances mistakenly had shinies? That you can get in other ways? That's silly. That's not a nerf, that's a fix. And before someone jumps on me too hard, I am a solo player. Unless those shinies are a lot more awesome than most shiny collections, it's really not THAT big of a deal.

The dungeon maker, while I understand why people are upset, you can't seriously think it was meant to be used to get to 100 in like 3 hours. I think everyone knew that the xp gain was too large to last.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

If other solo players are like me...no amount of nerfing, or encouragement, or otherwise will ever convince me to join a group or raid if I don't feel like doing so, so they can simply stop trying to force me to play their way instead of my way.
  5. Zookeeper Active Member

/SIGH
    Every time someone finds something they don't personally like, EQII's Death Warrant is definitely signed, or, Most of the player base is going to leave and look for a different game.
    Yet here EQII is with over 10 years of gaming under its belt, and with a player base that consists of new players, as well as some very old accounts that are still active, or which were vacated for a while, and after getting a new home to replace the one destroyed by fire, flood, or tornado, or getting a new job and having a steady income, or simply feeling dissatisfaction with other games that have less content and far fewer fixes for glitches, are back.
    Gaealiege and Glassjaw like this.
  6. DTSGOD Member

I do a lot of soloing.The mercenary stuff certainly helps me out a lot. The encouragement of groups and guilds would be pushed because if you are making relationships and friendships through the game you're much less likely to stop playing or at least play for a longer period of time. Yes this was an incredibly long run on sentence.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. SychoCharley New Member

Here is my thoughts. Is sony is cooking up a way to pull more money out of its subs by nerfing the only way to quickly level a Alt. Or as mentioned earlier in thread nerf bringing a new player in.. By restricting the way people are able to play the game sony restricts new player base. It also restricts how many active accounts a person will have if they cant catch the alts up in a timely manner.

Their greed will catch them.. I cant see a reason to by multiple expansions for extra account if you cant level the 1 account before the next expansion, but I'm ok with that either way, I will just go FTP on all my other accounts and keep the main account paid. I only play a couple of tune regular anyways haha..

So in my Humble Opinion SONY NERFED itself :p They loose money for my other accounts I save money on my other account going free and I loose nothing sounds like a win win to me
    Ihatenix, Naramsin and jimmyfrank like this.
  8. jimmyfrank Member

I understand the shines situation . It stop well geared players from dropping down to solo zones n just destroying it . But the whole nerf to exp from dm comes on the backs of other players who don't like how fast people are leveling up . Which is just pure cry baby behavior . How one person enjoys the game shouldn't effect you . People need to grow up . Being lvl 100 does nothing at all to help survivabilty this expansion . As your level never has effected survivabilty because stats come from gear . So rushing to 100 should not bother the people who choose not to .

In all actuality the people taking they're time to level are prolly better geared out anyway . Seems the whole level 100 complaint is just from players who don't want others getting to the finish line before them .
    Ratza likes this.
  9. willow Member

well I know it doesnt matter,, but i really feel that this game cares nothing for the players that play day after day, hour for hour,, each day, and then you come in and take away everything you work for in one swipe i collected almost 80,000 tokens and now there worthless. boo hoo for me.. its cool ,, say it but i know there are others out there that feel the same way,,, you care nothing for your decited players and just give in the the money ... nice.
    Ihatenix likes this.
  10. DTSGOD Member

It's not all like that. Hell. I was minding my own business in QH heading to a zone and was invited to group by a 20 something wiz obviously new to game. I took her around and some other 20 something Pally for 30 minutes and helped them level. I couldn't tell you the last time I mentored but I realized that doing stuff like that helps the game.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

As normal, take a bunch of peeps and try to satisfy everyone....
    Thats where i come in, i do play eq2, i dont care about changes, as they only mean, i could change my style.
    Change in life, is not that often a good option to think new about something (quit leave unsub, go out have a beer or two girls and so on).
    Ihatenix likes this.
  12. Vexrm Member

Okay, I have an actual question. Does any one know if a level 95 WITHOUT vet bonus (so the first character on the account) can get to 100 doing the solo quest line now? If not where does it leave you? How many solo zones do you have to run to get to 100 or how long do you need to be in the broken bay contested zone?
  13. jimmyfrank Member

Every quest in the new exp being competed will not put you at 98 and if it will it sure won't get you to 100
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  14. Phantom14 New Member

Why are they nerfing Dungeon Master? As a paying subscriber I am getting pretty fed up. Then you make the new zones so hard that only raid geared people can do them. Some of my friends have already quit the game because of recent changes. I paid for the collectors edition, I am starting to wish I had not bought the new expansion at all. People leveling in Dungeon Master was not hurting anyone.
  15. Vexrm Member

Before they buffed EXP to solo zones and the quests it got you just a hair shy of 98. They buffed it. I am curious where the buffs put you now.
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Thorke New Member

Sadly put Phantom. I have not and will not buy the expansion for the same reason. After my run in with a rude GM I refuse to give Sony anymore of my money. This game isn't worth the aggravation and the time I have put into it. I haven't played for a week now and I feel free to do it MY way. FTP is going to be my way as well!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ihatenix like this.
  17. vampiregoat69 Member

What I notice with 99% of mmo companies, if they have another game or similar one the original will become the basement child while they bring in the new game and give it all the praises the other one gets ignored or ALOT less love.That being said I have seen mass droves of people leaving one game I played for years including me cause the new saying from players was, "This company does not give a SHT about the game why should we. PLEASE do not let this game die because of EQnext,landmark or what ever they name it.
  18. Awkk Well-Known Member

Some in game said that the nerf was only going to be 15%, so you can still do DMs.
  19. KitKat New Member

O.k. I shouldn't of said it that way, I stand corrected :) But you are a one in million that will help others.
  20. Sisca Well-Known Member

Since the level cap was bumped to 100 everyone starts over without a vet bonus.

I decided that the first of my many alts that I wanted to run through the quest line was my Ranger since he's geared in all ToV quest gear and would probably see the most benefit from the quest rewards. Just running the signature quest and not using any XP potions he's a bit over halfway through 98. I figure if I had used some XP potions along the way he'd probably be 100 but even so it's not going to take that long for me to get him the rest of the way.

I figure on working on finishing leveling him today once the servers are back. My plan is to run the Solo missions first and see where that puts him. I may try a few of the Adv Solos after that if needed and I want to try and do the daily/weekly that has you hunting down various named in the overland zones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.