Scheduled Server Downtime November 20, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, November 20, 2014 at approximately 7:00AM PST.
    Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, November 20, 2014 at approximately 9:00PM PST. (Aprox. 5:00AM London Time on 11/21/2014)
    Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Time Zone Converter

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (live) forum when available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
    Tierisch, Pantero and Keller like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!
    Ihatenix likes this.
  3. Kraftie New Member

Great and now the PL'ers went from charging 150 to 500 plat a run thanks to the upcoming nerf. Why let it go on for 8 days to try and nerf it now?
  4. grlgeek72 New Member

Wish they would fix the Henchman Adornment Pack that I /bugged.
  5. iealuwen New Member

Why don't you leave pl peeps alone, they are not bothering anyone, if you don't want to level fast then don't.
    Naudi, Naramsin and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. luminosa Active Member

WOW! I just bugged this last night!

Unsafe Harbor: Antonia and Vishra's conversation should now trigger correctly and update the quest as intended.

Awesome!
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

So in other words, solo players are not important enough of a player base to warrant being eligible for shinies in dungeons, unless they happen to be fortunate enough to be geared up to do Advanced solo dungeons? I feel another slap in the face. :/

Why is it solo players receive so little recognition, when there are so many of us who prefer a solo play style?

As for the DM xp reduction, that affects me in no way at all (yet), but I disagree with that even, as it negatively impacts another specific play style, and I fear will drive even more players away from the game.

More and more it looks like EQ2's death warrant has been signed. :/
  8. Keller Member

Thank you!

I reported this quest "Unsafe Harbor" yesterday and today comes the fix! Woot!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Nerfing DM? :( how bad is it gonna be then? Why do you guys continue to remove ways to lvl? I will only do the sigline once becuz the rewards are close to pointless! Tedious harvest this and that quests mixed with "kill this and that" with rewards like 1.5p, house items wich I destroy the moment I get them and gear worse then previous xpacs heroic gear! Where do I take my alts? And don't tell me brokenskull bay becuz the resist checks are too high!

Why does it matter that there's other options then the looong and frustrating route between 96-100? If you don't like ppl earning plat from DM PL then form a normal 6ppl grp and do DM the normal way! Works great for me...
    Naudi, Feldon, Charlice and 2 others like this.
  10. Tangletwigs New Member

Why nerf shinies in solo dungeons?
    If you had to do something make them no trade or something to stop farming if thats the "problem".
  11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Sounds like another scheme to nickel-and-dime the eq2 player base to death. This will NOT motivate me to move to EqNext, as I refuse to play the game at all! Any money I pay SOE through the EQ2 game, I want it to be invested in EQ2, not funneled off to Eqnext!
  12. Enine New Member

I dont understand why sony even makes these aspects of the game just to nerf it down the line. Why create it all if you plan to nerf its functions down the line dont create these aspects and your player base wont get upset when you nerf a good thing. I know many on my server who chose to level their own way slowly some who level fast its up to the player if he or she would like to level quick or slow not sony. How many nerfs etc must you make before you lose everyone for good? You already lost my 54 accounts in eq 1 from pointless nerfs that you end up going back and removing cause you lose to many subs think how many besides myself who left a game of nothing but nerf after nerf 15 years i put into eq 1 till i couldnt take it no more lets hope eq 2 dont share the same quality.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

Going to be really hard for free to play players to catch up now. Stupid move imo.
  14. Tajar Well-Known Member

I can go with or without DM's, I usually level my toons without them to be honest. But forcing us all into one path to level at any sort of acceptable speed is not 'playing it your way'. Personally, I hate soloing. I will run the quest line on one or two characters mostly for the lore, but the rest? Nope. And people won't even group with you unless you're 100. The quests only get you to 98ish so what the hell are you supposed to do for 2 levels? I don't like soloing, (if I did, I'd play a console game), and while I understand that some people do, why take the options away for people who don't?
  15. Enine New Member

That is my second point Tajar 95% of eq 2 population are 95 to 100 at wich case no one will group with someone this low unless they are bored and want to help you level/aa. You are about to remove the only aspect of the game that prolly pulled in a lot of new players from friends telling them we can catch you up to us quickly doing dm. You are removing the only thing that can catch people up to us so they can exp the path you really want them to go. Removing dm means less time in new xpac cause they are trying to catch up to the rest of us. So in the end your path of sending us down new xpac will work for some yes but what about all those who have yet to reach the level to go there and be able to kill?
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

Sorry but the xpac still doesn't work for a lot of players - we crash with no help at all to resolve the issue

I'm a solo player and although I don't avail myself of dm's that often I still don't like to see things nerfed - AT ALL

I've seen these types of nerfs before in vanguard - once things like this start to happen, the end is near - for months soe said nothing was changing in vg, new content, new items and more - than BAM - support ended (GM's were still great and did wjhat they could) and the plug was pulled.

I hate to be a nay sayer, but with eqnext coming it's a matter of time
  17. Tasburath Member

They should increase the quest XP in AoM so that it takes you to 100 when you finish grinding out the signature line and other AoM island quests.
  18. Ihatenix New Member

Daily maintenance... it's like we've all been moved to a test server without even knowing it happened...
    There was a time when the products were (almost) fully tested before release, guess that's not "in" anymore.

As for the nerfing of solo play and gameplay in general - I've seen this being done in a lot of other MMOs.
    It's done to "motivate" more players to enter a party/raid and, eventually, a guild. All of those are gaming surroundings in which you _will_ meet people with much more time and/or money than you, and in order to keep up with them you might consider making a purchase from the cash shop... or two... or three. You get the idea.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Glassjaw Active Member

Stop complaining.

Not having shinies in solo zones and having them in the advanced solo zone is incentive for players to do the advanced solo zones and they can be done with either a mercenary or another player. Not hard either way.

More importantly: This expansion has not been out long and as with every other released expansion there are always many updates, changes and fixes to address and the sooner they can knock these things out the better. Sure it means down time but it is a necessary thing.

Many parts of the expansion are tested before it's released, but to test and catch and address every issue before it is released would take far longer than the time frame they have to create and release the expac.
  20. Awkk Well-Known Member

This might not always work, though. It can also lead to players being so annoyed by nerfs that they quit.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ihatenix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.