Rothgar/Xelgad

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-akaglty, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

Can we please get some idea of what you guys are working on for rangers and some kind of time frame? It's been quiet for a while now and the last we heard was from Fyre, which disappeared.
    I think everyone is holding their breath for the next LU in May, but it would be nice to know if it isn't going to happen.
    Do people get fired/disappear when they talk about rangers around there? lol
  2. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Yeah, I've been pretty much waiting to see the LU info before I decide on whether or not to change mains.
  3. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

I also would lilke to know if you have done any of the things for Rangers, that you said you were going to look into after SF went live, or are we back to "after thought" status for another 3yrs.
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I am also kind of holding my breath on this one. If they don't get these ranger fixes in before final fantasy 14 online is released, with their pure ranged, high DPS archers in what is to be a high quality PvE game, I'm going to be switching games completely.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

While I know we're all getting frustrated I wouldn't get too aggrivated if they don't respond. We want answers but Dev's rarely, if ever, answer these kind of threads to keep from having every thread turn into one, as I'm sure you already realize.
    That said, I'm also in the camp of waiting to see what happens with the next Live Update.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well I'm not going to ultimatum on a dev response, they could very well be doing stuff and not have time to answer or just can't since there isn't a lot of stuff 'final' LU's on the other hand are 'this is what the game is going to be like for now', moved from speculation into live implementation. So if these LU's don't get put through with some real nice ranger fixes before games like TERA, FF14, and SWTOR come out, I'm done.
  7. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

I'm not going to say I'll quit forever if some changes don't come in the next LU but, I will more than likely turn off my account until they do go in.
    Playing as a ranger right now for me just isn't fun. I'm competitive with DPS and I don't have it in me to start a higher DPS character.
  8. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

Just to bump this one to the top, but same as been said before each month It is harder and harder to renew, a little info would be nice. SWTOR is getting closer and closer and i foresee myself moving there if some kinda info is not given out on our status. FYI I have turned friends away who enjoy playing the Ranger/Hunter class from WOW and LOTRO cause of issues with our class. Yes I think it has become that big of a issue.
  9. ARCHIVED-kidpaul Guest

I heard that the next GU will come with a ballotsystem for rangers and contain the options "quit", "assassin", "swashbuckler", "brigand", "dirge", "no one likes a troullb", "firefox" and "Can I have another couple years of abuse and some arrows to go"
  10. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Personally, I switched my main TO a ranger with this expansion. I thoroughly enjoy playing a ranger, even though I'm behind on DPS with a swashy in our guild. He is in full T3, while I only have part T3, and has 50+ more AAs than my ranger has. I try really hard to get my DPS to competitive with the swashy, and every time I get closer on a parse I feel even better about playing. Find someone you regularly play with who parses better than you and try to compete with them. This gives me a challenge that makes me enjoy playing. If you don't enjoy playing the class, then find a new class, if you only play the game for this class and are unhappy with it, then find a game you can enjoy. The devs have said they are looking at rangers. Whether this is true or not will be seen when they either implement it or announce that it will be coming up. While it would be nice to get a timeline, I'm personally not holding my breathe for it to continue playing my ranger because I ENJOY it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Pattywak@Kithicor wrote:
    then why even post in this thread? Why even put your 2 sense in to the other threads that are complaining. If you like blowing rainbows and the ranger class, then play it. Don't lecture people that want to see it fixed the way they were told the ranger would play. I enjoy competing for top of the parse - that is how I enjo ythe game.
  12. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

Pattywak@Kithicor wrote:
    Personally, I switched my main TO a ranger with this expansion.
    I thoroughly enjoy playing a ranger, even though I'm behind on DPS with a swashy in our guild. He is in full T3, while I only have part T3, and has 50+ more AAs than my ranger has. I try really hard to get my DPS to competitive with the swashy, and every time I get closer on a parse I feel even better about playing. Find someone you regularly play with who parses better than you and try to compete with them. This gives me a challenge that makes me enjoy playing.
    If you don't enjoy playing the class, then find a new class, if you only play the game for this class and are unhappy with it, then find a game you can enjoy.
    The devs have said they are looking at rangers. Whether this is true or not will be seen when they either implement it or announce that it will be coming up. While it would be nice to get a timeline, I'm personally not holding my breathe for it to continue playing my ranger because I ENJOY it.

Enough said 3 years of waiting i think tis time we got answers. And why cant i strike-thru your whole Carebear loving speach. GRRRRR
    And I enjoy killing that Unicorn in OakMyst over and over and over........... since we are all sharing.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Pattywak@Kithicor wrote:
    I got news for you - you ain't ever gonna catch the swashie:)
  14. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

I'm sorry for trying to be positive about this... and I have posted on other "this all sucks" boards. But it seems like every post, except for a handful, are about bad things. We got some attention with this expac and they gave us a "hey, we're looking into this". That's more than rangers have gotten in the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again... We get a taste of help, they said we're gonna get more, we now need to wait and see what's gonna happen. I know that some of you have been waiting for years for this and are sick of waiting, but it seems some of you are just whining at this point and that isn't going to get the devs to help and work with us. I know feedback was given and partially ignored in the beta forums. I know that some devs have said there isn't anything that can be done for rangers. I know that we've been had really bad luck with "fixes" in the past. But these are two new devs that are just starting with class balance and are willing to look at rangers. A timeline would be awesome, and an idea of what's being done would be even better. But I'm not about to quit playing a class I enjoy because of some bad points. I was just putting out a way to try to enjoy the class again. By the way, getting my AAs up has helped me get closer to the swashy, though I still am far behind. You all expressed your opinions and most of you agreed, but as soon as someone posts a different point you all jump on them (and I've seen this in many boards) that they are wrong. This puts a lot of people off from playing the class and, those who do play and enjoy the class, from posting here with positive things. The devs know about all the bad things and issues that rangers have. Maybe we should let them know about what we like so they know where to bring the class from here on out.
  15. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

Mine is mostly in jest so do not get to hung up on it.
  16. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

I don't mean any offense, but it's just as unhelpful to get upset at people for 'being too negative'. Rangers are in a bad state right now. That's not being a downer, that's the honest truth. And no promises have been given. There've been a few noises suggesting they'll keep an eye on rangers and MAYBE make some changes. Outside of that? We've heard nothing. And we have heard that before. Many, many times. I will be extremely grateful if our class finally gets some desperately needed attention...but I'm tired of getting my hopes up when there's nothing substantial and no actual promise of the same to come.
    If someone shows up and says 'hey, there WILL be a ranger revamp' that would be something. I'd still be a little wary, but it'd be worth getting my hopes up over. If we see ranger changes pushed to test, that would be fantastic, and I'll dance around the forums in glee. But until then? Until then we don't even have a promise.
  17. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

I'm not saying lets all be happy, fluffy "nothing's wrong here" but I think feed back about positive things will help the devs as well. There are things wrong with the class, we need the attention, I know that. I'm not upset about the negativity, but how about some of the positive to show the devs that we like that they've worked on rangers. For example, some people (including myself) are seeing us kind of turning into the AOE predator, with the changes to our normal AOEs, the end line of TSO, and the new end line of the Ranger SF line. I think this would be a great idea as long as the stick to this and fully flesh it out. But that's just me.
  18. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

I think the problem you will see is that we have tried that and for 3 years now have been ignored for the most part as our class has declined to T2 DPS with no utility.
    So a lot of people are frustrated. I mean we have put years into our characters.
    So ill be quiet before i get sarcastic.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ademelo Guest

Pattywak@Kithicor wrote:
    Our "good" aoe's are on too long of a recast, therefore we're not much of an AOE class. Yeah, we can spike dmg once in a few minutes (if the mobs are in a grp, and stacked on top of eachother). The other two aoe's will actually get outparsed by any other aoe class (zerker, swashy, sk, warlock, wizard, necro, conji, even an aoe spec'd assassin).
    We're not just sitting here complaining and not giving any productive feedback, but after three years of feedback and no "productivity" we're still in the same lame boat, so that just leaves us with few options.

PS: Didn't realize the word "feed-back" (no dash) was censored. Wow!!!
  20. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

lol they must be serious about using the using the in game /feedback Fact of the matter is they had to give rangers the new AE's just to keep us where we are at, if they didn't we would have fell even further behind. It wasn't a 'oh lets give them some AE's that will be fun' it was 'We HAVE to give them AE's or what ever rangers we have will quit soon as they do any group or raid content' and even with the AE's we still have 'hardcore' rangers switching/quitting. So yeah I'm extremely thankful for what they did improve, but it wasn't 'above and beyond', it was the LEAST they could do.