Rothgar/Xelgad

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-akaglty, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

It should also be noted that every single class got fixes and updates, not just rangers. While I've said before, and I'll say it again, I greatly appreciate the fixes we did get, it was not some special bit of attention, it was your standard level cap raise pass-over. So while I'm grateful, I'm still going to point out how much more is needed, because it's still needed, and (I feel like a broken record), it is not a favor the developers do us when they fix class balance issues. It's their job. It's needed to make their game better and retain subscribers. It's nice of us to thank them for what they do, but this is not a give or take negotiation where the devs are somehow giving up something when they fix outstanding (very lengthy outstanding) issues with their game.
    It's like thanking the plumber. While it's nice of you to thank him for his hard work and appreciate him for what he does for you, you probably aren't going to say 'well, if you just fix the sink I won't complain if all the toilets are backing up.' You hired him to do a job, you're paying him money to do so, and it's not a favor on his part when he does what he's supposed to be doing, nor does it make any sense for you to negotiate with him to only do part of the job.
    I appreciate what the developers do, and if I didn't like their game I sure wouldn't spend so much time giving feedback on the forums to try and make it better; I'd be playing another game. But we both have the same interests: making this game a better experience for the players. To that end, we're on the same team and have the same goals.
    And incidentally, while I've already brought up the plumber metaphor and am beating it into the ground, imagine how you'd react if your plumber told you the reason your toilets were all backing up was a problem with the pipes, so too bad so sorry guess you just have to live with it. I think you might wonder why you hired that plumber, since it does tend to be his job to fix such things.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Shard. Have my babies.