RoS researcher quest rewards

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by olleran, Dec 17, 2020.

1. olleran Active Member

I have gotten BOL ( voidpiercer and empyral ) recipes as rewards from these quests
  2. Gninja Developer

When did you pick up the mission and which one was it? its possible if you still had a mission from before the update this morning that it could still have yesterday's rewards. Going forward it should only have the rare non-merchant BoL recipes in there.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I got only recent stuff today on Test
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm confused--why would Reign of Shadows researchers be rewarding any BoL recipes? They should only be offering rewards germane to RoS, not BoL--at least, in my opinion. That said, Gninja, a number of us have been asking about upgraded or current rewards for Overseer quests, but I haven't seen any information yet on when that will happen. Can you share any information on when those might be updated to rewards for RoS expansion?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I received the Awakened Abilities book yesterday. That book is available to buy on the Seru merchant for 0.
    I'm sure that's not meant to be on the loot table.
    Morven, Breanna, Erinna and 1 other person like this.
  6. EmJay Well-Known Member

I just came here to post about receiving my third Awakened Abilities book today from a researcher reward. This really has to stop, Gninja. Plus lesser, greater and superior fragments are dropping yet again by these quests. Geez, those are from four expacs ago as is the Awakened abilities. I see no reason why old items keep getting brought forward. If you need those items, go back to the expac that gave them. This is all getting very, very old!!! Especially since everyone was all up in arms about them last expac on these forums and on Discord.

I paid for a new expansion. I want to earn new stuff.
    Bhayar, Breanna, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I get plenty of the frags and Essences of Chaos from the Overseer. I figure if I need more, I'll purchase charged Overseer missions whose loot boxes inclde the frags/essences.

I'll tell you what I want to see dropping as rewards for crafting missions: I want the Distillations and Dilutions volumes for CD and BoL transmutation materials!!!!!!
    Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Damn straight, if you'll pardon the adamant emphasis. And I'd even include them in this xpac. And while we're on the list of things we should be seeing. Why we can't seem to transmute anything and get empyral fragments is beyond my comprehension.
    Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Other than adepts and transmutation stones? Problem really is that almost nothing that drops is treasured these days so the pickings are slim.
    Zynt likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Last expac, the adepts weren't giving current tier transmuting mats.. that was never fixed. Not sure the state for RoS.
    Zynt likes this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is untrue. It took a long time to fix, but it was eventually done. My memory is fuzzy on exactly when, but it seems like I was doing it all summer. Try it, you will see.
    Zynt likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I confess I got tired after 6 months of trying and getting zero response to bug posts.
    Zynt, Breanna and Melkior like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Another day, another Awakened Abilities book. Bless.

How about putting some recipes / patterns on the Researchers? Why on earth is it all house items?
  14. Melkior Well-Known Member

I admit, I was very surprised when it finally went in. I don't even think it made the patch notes, which at that point would have deserved bold and underlined emphasis. I could be wrong there, my memory isn't as good as I wish it was, but I typically do read them, and I thought I went back after discovering the fix to check.
    Zynt, Breanna and Mermut like this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I never saw transmutation stones except as mob drop loot. When you're transmuting gear of any kind, you should see empyral fragments. I never did. That should be fixed.
    Zynt and Breanna like this.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is never how it worked. Treasured gear give Fragments as common, powders as rares. Legendary Gear gives Powders as commons, Infusions as rare. Fabled gear gives infusions as common, mana as rare. You can craft as many transmutation stones as you like from the essences of chaos or the planar fragments. If you need fragments just caft the treasured version instead of the fabled one.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sorry, let me clarify. I was referring to getting empyral fragments off anything other than the occasional drop from running heroics when it happened. All I ever see transmuting stuff is manas, infusions and powders(occasionally), never fragments.
    My point was when the other elements drop from simple transmuting, where's the logic in having to craft something else just to get the fragments? This game would benefit from a simplification process for everyone. And having to use old items like essences of chaos and planar fragments to craft fragments is a case in point. This stuff (imho) shouldn't be dropping in current xpacs when it was introduced what---thee xpacs ago?
    Zynt, Mermut and Breanna like this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Received today from Fivalt: Empyral Nail of Experience.
    It's really annoying doing these harvesting quests, hoping for a CURRENT recipe, having to use a rare, getting very little coin, then being given last expansions recipes.
    Please fix it.
    Zynt likes this.
  19. Dolgrin Active Member

The ultimate Jackpot is:

Limited Potion of Progress
    Kittybock likes this.
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

Especially when you already have 10.
    Kittybock likes this.