Returning Player - Born Again Newbie!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Peppermint Barnstorm, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

What kind of broker container are you using? The one's specially for selling items or just bags you had available? If you are using the boxes made for selling, from your broker window, you can right click on it and use the option to set a display in your home. That is the only way you can avoid broker fees. They have to be able to click on something in your house to browse the wares so to speak.

If you have it available, you can claim a veteran broker box (2 actually) that will reduce the amount of fees on items placed inside it. Bad as I hate to point toward external sources, the link below should give you an idea of what type of displays you need to get.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Sales_Display
  2. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

Thank you! Yas! I got there. I was selling from backpacks and had no sales crates set up. I did have a veteran's display case. I will check for a second. I also bought two Cedar Salesman's crates from the broker. I now have a total of 128 "home" slots 40 of which have 50% reduced broker fees AND players can avoid the broker fees by going to my house.

Secondly I have worked out the AA things - you get some by levelling up. You can grind the rest out with a repeatable at 125. As for the shinies I am going to hand in my collections as I complete them. Surplus shinies will be sold on the broker ( I've made a few hundred thousand plat so far selling )

Thirdly I have just discovered Mercenaries! I now have Lord Valkiss following me around for 40s an hour.

Fourthly - Agnostic Dungeons. Going to see if I and my Merc can solo one later. Online reading suggests it's doable if you're careful. That said I am enjoying questing in the overworld, it's like I'm seeing the content again for the first time ( in some cases it IS the first time ) and some of the rewards are quite fun too - Saliraptors are great. The Butcherblock Mountains was well worth doing.

Fifthly - Bag sorting - so clunky but useful nonetheless. Would like it to be able to sort bank bags too.
    /sort_bags name a tier a
    that's the most useful command I've found so far but it's a shame it does not consolidate same-type stacks. At least it puts them side by side so you can do it manually
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

On the agnostic dungeons. They are good to 95, after that the experience from them will be almost nothing. The best one that gives experience at lower levels is the algorithm for destruction one. Once you get closer to 95, the crypt of agony will give better experience plus you get draconic etmya which you can use to purchase gear at 95 on the shattered seas timeline area. Bosses on both will reward gear upgrades until 90. Past that, no gear will drop. The algorithm for destruction will also have body loot which the crypt does not. You can level very quick to 90-95 area with these. I'm talking 5 or so levels per dungeon at lower levels.
  4. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I think I am going to level my new main the overworld way. And my new alt - a healer, I shall level the Dungeon way. I am going to have other alts too but only for crafting I think - I noticed the adventure level restruction on how far you can level a crafter has been removed. In the old days I seem to remember that you could not craft 20-29 gear until your adventure level was at least 20 and so forth.
  5. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I may have just done something stupid.
    I have a Qeynos Character that I am about to betray to Freeport.
    I thought "I need a mercenary to help me along" so I claimed the vet reward merc for her and consumed it.
    Then I thought - Has that given me the Qeynos merc and now I won't be able to hire Lord Valkiss in FP?
  6. Dgkelly38 Active Member

When Player A is unable to use Guild teleporter, but his alt (Player B) can use it, what did A do wrong?
  7. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Disregard previous post, please; i just remembered.
  8. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I am having a new issue:

The sidebar for my map is .. well, gone. The find and clear buttons do nothing and no information appears on the right.

Also the blue splashes which tell you where to hunt for a given quest have disappeared. I'm aware they are not on the maps for high level game content but they were there for Butcherblock and The Feerot the other day and now they are not.

Can anyone help me out ? I could delete my whole UI directory and then have the updater redownload it but that's a last resort.

EDIT I fixed the map search function - I had search POI by keyword checked. I love how the universe gives me the answer just after I've given up searching the internet and asked the question online. That said my blue ROI's are not appearing. Internet is unsure of whether they are there for all areas or not.