Returning Player - Born Again Newbie!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Peppermint Barnstorm, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

Hey there, I had an attack of acute nostalgia a couple of days ago and daybreak managed to recover my account and characters, even though they were 15 years out of date and SOE ( dang have I racked up the veteran rewards though! )

Rather than try to play my original characters I have decided to start anew and learn the game again from the ground up. I realise I can boost to level 50 right away but I'm going the long way round.

This now leads me to a question about crafting - The crafting / gathering system is far better than it was under SOE - thanks whoever did this.

I'm using the Wiki for guidance but I think it may be wrong.

I just crafted an Alder short bow and only lost a few % durability but the bow is 2-14 damage with +2 Stamina and the Wiki says it should be 6-35 damage with +3 stamina.

Is that because I lost those few % of durability or is it because the wiki is wrong?

Thanks in advance
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

I would say that it is probably the wiki being wrong, but I would have to log on to my woodworker to make sure.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Due to bringing a gear stat change a while back, I would say the wiki is showing the old information.
  4. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

Thank you both, kindly. I shall mostly ignore the Wiki.
  5. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I have a further question regarding transmuting.
    I got to BB mountains and took the adornments skill. I had no idea I was going to need to transmute stuff. My transmuting skill is 1 and not high enough to transmute my current junk items. So I've spent 5g on levelling down to level 10 so I can get drops in the newbie zones.

I have a level 1 item - Bulwark of Marr which is item level 1 and Treasured and I still cannot transmute it

What am I doing wrong?
  6. Twyla Well-Known Member

I would suggest going to your home city and talking to the Adorning/Transmuting/Tinkering NPC there. He will start you off, give you the supplies you need (except for fuel), and when you have finished his daily task, you will receive some levels (at low level 1-30 at least) it's usually 5 levels per run. Then after a few days go back to BB to do the quest you have.
    rutro and Peppermint Barnstorm like this.
  7. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

Thank you, that's interesting. I have a quest from the transmuter quest guy but it's higher than I can manage. Not to matter. I managed to transmute a level 1 item but it had to be master crafted rather than treasured. I think I am going to have to make some low level master crafted gear for the time being unless you have other tips on grinding out my transmuting skill?
  8. Twyla Well-Known Member

That's my best suggestion, doing the NPC in your home city for transmuting usually takes me about 6-10 weeks to from 0-max level (I usually stop them at 500 or so to allow for general crafting to gain levels). He will talk to you at level 0 and continue giving you quests every day until you're at max (remember this is also tied to your crafting level - you can't transmute things higher than your current crafting level). Now that they've increased max crafting level to 130; I plan on going back to him to top mine off, it should only take a day or two. Also be aware not all mastercrafted things can be transmuted.
    Peppermint Barnstorm likes this.
  9. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

Thank you, I am sticking to clothing and weapons. I assumed that runes would likely not be transmuted. I have taken Jeweller so I will try a piece of jewellery too.
  10. Twyla Well-Known Member

Hopefully that will get you where you want to be quickly.
  11. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

My main is a Beastlord. I would like to be able to see my Warder's Health and Power all the time. I can't find anything in interface settings that will let me do that. Like in WoW a hunter could see their pet's health and mana. Is there any way to do that in EQ2?

Secondly the only healing ability I seem to have for my warder is Marisha Kur's Protection which doesn't do a lot. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to quickly restore warder health and power between fights? Not that I'm struggling at level 30, fights are easy, but being able to restore power more quickly would be useful for playing with warder abilities.
  12. Twyla Well-Known Member

Your warders health and power are the red and green lines above where the buttons are to tell them what you want them to do (protect me, protect yourself, assist me, etc.) No there isn't another way to heal your pet except for if you run with a healing merc when they cast heal it also heals the pet.
  13. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

Ahh of course. for some reason dyslexia-brain could not see the bars! Yet there they are- really obvious, Thanks
  14. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I was just tinkering with creating a new character for Freeport and I wanted to do a Conjurer. I tried to use the Arasai Race and it said I could not be one because my alignment was good. Does that mean that Conjurours are locked to good alignment?

I have a Wood Elf Conjuror in Qeynos, I could do the betrayal quest with her but would that force a class change to Necromancer? I know it won't force a race change because I betrayed an Ogre from FP to Q years ago.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

Conjuror is good, Necromancer is evil. You can make an Arasai Conjuror but you would have to start as a necro and betray to good side. I do crazy stuff like that all the time. Make the evil class and betray to good and vice versa. Paladin and Shadowknight are the same. Paladin good only, Shadowknight evil class. It's all in if you want to have the class versus the city.
    Peppermint Barnstorm likes this.
  16. Jaeline1 New Member

I was reading through forums and came about this post that you were having an attack of nostalgia. I myself was also today and tried to get onto my old acct from probably a good 15 years ago and couldn't, I didn't remember the password and my old email was hacked so don't even have that anymore. How were you able to contact daybreak and get your acct restored. i went to the customer support page, but they want cc info that I no longer have. I sent an email, but not sure its the right place. Any help would be appreciated
    Insulted likes this.
  17. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I recovered my account in the following way:

• I created a new Daybreak Account on a separate email.
    • I contacted Daybreak Support on the new account.
    I then had to provide the following information.

• The original account name ( which I did not remember )
    • The original account email which I did know
    • The names of a couple of the original characters on my account
    • The answer to my secret question - Which I luckily guessed
    This enabled the CSR to find and access my account and restore it to me. They asked me in the process, what email address I would like the account associated with and they changed it for me to my current email. I then ran the "forgot password" process with the new email address and my account name and set a new Secret Question and this gave me access to my account.

I hope this helps.
    Siren, Breanna, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  18. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

I was wondering if someone could explain a little about Alternate Advancements to me.

I read that it is better to set the experience converter to 0 and then do all your AA at max level as it enables faster levelling and you can do you AA very fast at max level. So I have done that. Yet I keep getting the messages that I have been given AA points. When I look on the various pages it says the points are all assigned and I have not assigned any and I don't understand the page at all. It's just a load of tabs and a load of random circles some of which are lit up and some not. They seem to relate to abilities but I cant do anything with it. At the bottom it says "Unassigned Points"

Are some points assigned automatically and you get the regardless of the XP setting and does converting XP earn you MORE points?

Related to this I also have a question about shinies and collections. I have been told to not sell shinies for status as there's much more efficient ways of getting status and to be fair I have made a reasonable amount of plat by selling them on the broker. The question is -

Do I save all my completed collections to level 125 and hand them in for a boost to 130? or
    Do I save them and use them for AA with the experience converted to 100%? or
    Do I just hand them in as I go and enjoy the rewards?

It's a real shame I can't select which collecstions I hand in. It seems to be all or nothing. I wanted to hand in just the Frostfell ones for the appearance clothing but it handed in every collection I had done so far.
  19. lfernandez New Member

I got back on and recovered my acct. Thanks so much
    Siren and Peppermint Barnstorm like this.
  20. Peppermint Barnstorm New Member

In addition to my AA question I have something about brokers:

My character is a neutral race but I chose the outpost of the overlord as my starting location. She is a Freeport Citizen.

I have claimed the Mistmoor Crags Estate as my house.
    I have a market board up near the door. And I've placed bags in the for sale slots.
    I understand you can avoid broker fees when using a market board ( or going to someone's house to buy )
    When an item is for sale in someone's house it gives the address
    When an item is for sale just on the broker it appears with no address and you see a broker fee.

Problem is I'm seeing consistend broker fees for Freeport with or without an address and some listings without an address for the Qeynos Market read 40% broker fee and others appear with 0% Qeynos broker fee. I've even seen one with a 4% broker fee and I don't understand what is happening.

The items I put up for sale from my house appear with a 20% fee and don't list my address, even though I have put them up for sale from inside my house.

I am doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me what it is?