RESOLVE is gone from mounts??

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Manafizzle, Jul 25, 2023.

1. ojomi New Member

Taled, I never said, or implied, that I purchased the premium mount for the resolve stat. Stop putting words in my mouth then attacking me. I went so far as to say that I think lowering resolve will be a good thing. This has nothing to do with resolve. That is something you made up. This is about DB saying pay us money and we will give you something. Then taking that something away and not returning the money. Definition of theft. 1a : the act of stealing specifically : the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it. My money is considered intangible personal property. DB sold me something, then took it away. They have deprived me, the rightful owner, of my intangible personal property. May not be theft, but it sure feels like it.
    elbuenomalo88, Manafizzle and Myxx like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

How is it not about resolve when that is literally the only thing changing? I didn't put any words in your mouth. If you mean something different than the obvious conclusions from the changes you should come out and say it, because they aren't taking away what they sold you. They sold you a higher 'tier' expansion that came with multiple other things, including an upgradable mount that *at the time* gave you a headstart on resolve.

The only thing that changes if this is implented is the 'resolve headstart' - your mount still has the same stats otherwise as a heroic mount, it isn't deleveled or taken away. It currently ONLY loses the resolve. So, either you misunderstand the issue, or you're taking offense at the resolve loss.
  3. Sedient Active Member

I'm not screaming bloody murder. I just think that it highlights a couple of fundamental issues with the direction of the game. I think it is another example of a lack of strategic thinking in the design. I think we would all be happier with less, but more cohesive content. It's another "lets throw this idea at the wall and see if it sticks" I'm just not sure that there is a redo on this xpac, especially, as you point out.. 10 months in. I wish they would be sinking all their resources into making sure the next xpac is cohesive in story, gear progression, itemization and all the other content. Maybe my circle gives me too much of dismal outlook.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. ojomi New Member

Someone's being obtuse
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Well, hey, we finally agree on something.
  6. elbuenomalo88 New Member

Hi Taled! I have asked a lot of Question on eq2 Discord and you re a ver nice person always answering them! Thank you for that!

Im a returning player ( back since over 1 year ) this expac is my first expac before i run few months VOV heroics. I have now an static group running we have the h3 ror buff, we have tier 1 and fier 2 raid flawless upgrade. I have all the red rune sets on my BL. I hate the heirloom potions spamming my bags but hey! After a lot of work im feeling like im catching up! I bought for 160€ 2X7 merc crates and only got fabled merc. Then i bought for over 80€ the familiar crate where u get for sure 1 celestial familiar. I bought for 5 kronos the 30% merc buff.

I have a sickness and this is more or less the only hobby i can do right now. So i enjoy it.Feels good to play with my friends and talk with tjthem on discord while grouping. I feels good im very thank you for that.

And there is where it goes the „feeling“ now where it seems they will really take the Resolve away from the mount. Im asking myself what will happen next, what will they take next away from us again? I wanted to buy the 30% mount buff too didnt find one at the moment so i did not buy it. But do you think they would give me in € what i paid for the mount? Or for other people that did buy it?

After you give people something you should never never never take that back. This is rude. Even worse if you have sell something you dont change ghe stats after you sold it. Because they are people that dont complain about but on the other hand they are people they do. And even more as a company you destroy peoples trust in you.

I really would love to have more money and buy dbc to have everything on ancient and make my little BL even bit better dps. But how this game is heading now. I just dont feel like i can trust the way they lead the game.

Like i said its my feeling, my way of thinking i feel betrayed. You can maybe feel different . But please that you re right dont make me that im wrong. Why we could not both be „right“ with our feelings or way of thinking.
  7. vlada Active Member

they are NOT returning your money lol omg
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

You paid for an upgraded version of the expansion, that includes an upgradable mount, that - if you got it at the start of the expansion - gave you a headstart on reaching resolve requirements. That headstart, presumably, is why the resolve is being removed as well as lowered across all encounters that utilize resolve.

What they are *not* doing is taking away the mount you paid for. Or anything else you paid for. While I do still stand by my previous statements, I also understand to some degree why people are having knee-jerk reactions to it; but unless you *just* upgraded to a higher expac specifically for the resolve (which would be.. silly, at best, given the amount of resolve available vs what is neccessary now) you had the benefits from it for months.

I get the 'this leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I wont buy upgraded expacs!' responses, though I honestly doubt it - the other benefits are more useful than an extra 20 resolve imo, but ‍♂️. Who knows.
  9. Sedient Active Member

I echo @elbuenomalo88. You're always extremely helpful. Thank You.

This however sounds a lot like rationalizing. I'll give you an analogy.

Consider that you sell me a car. Then, in the night you come and take the back seats out of it. When I ask, you're like "oh yeah.. I took the seats... but hey! you still have a car"

Yeah, it's a game, yeah it's pixels on the screen, but if I'm paying for a game and things are being taken I've paid for then there is a legitimate issue. For some people it makes the game harder and less fun.
    Twyla and Manafizzle like this.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

I get what you are trying to say. And it WOULD be a fair analogy, IF they werent simultaneosly lowering resolve.

It's more like if they sold you a car with a special 'visa free' access to Canada from the US, and then a year later, AFTER you had already been utilizing it for months, the governments worked out a deal so that noone needed a visa to go to Canada.

(Yes, I'm aware US citizens already dont need a visa for trips under 180 days, just the simplest example)

Edit: the point is, functionally, 99% of players will actually GAIN from this change; the only ones who even potentially lose - and it should actually just be a tie - are those with the highest resolve mount AND the highest mount buff. And the only 'functional loss' is.. being at or VERY slightly below the same resolve level. You're all completely disregarding all of the other stats on the mounts, etc.

If they were taking away the mount entirely it would be one thing, but.. come on.

[And for what it's worth, the complaints about 'theft', etc are one of the main reasons I personally think it should have waited for expac, but it still would have had to affect every mount, etc, anyway.]
    Gharyn, SolarFaire and Twyla like this.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Ok, but what is the point of doing it at all at this point in the expac ?

If they want to remove resolve from mounts - tell us you are planning to do that for the next expac.
    Smashey, Twyla and Manafizzle like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I think, for most people, this is really the key question. We're into August already. Literally 9 months into the xpac. What people want to know is what--from a dev standpoint--drove this change this late in the game that it had to be done NOW instead of waiting for the next xpac, which is right around the corner. And the ancillary question would be...what else might be on the chopping block that could be taking place. It's not a situation where anyone is trying to second guess dev decisions, it's more about, "ok we're almost done and we have a new xpac dropping. Are there any other changes we should be expecting and how, if at all, can I prepare for that?"
    SolarFaire and Twyla like this.
  13. Hennyo Member

See, many people are looking at like this, but from my standpoint this is likely the easiest timing they could use, granted the changes have yet to make it to live.

First of all, the changes are a net resolve gain for every single player in the game, sure the total number goes down, but the requirements drop by more than the gain, even with the best mount and mount buff, and for everyone else, which would be 99% of the population, it is a flat out gain. The timing is to make resolve requirements drop for the average player to help them progress through the content after it has already been cleared by the top guilds. With resolve being a significant block for some guilds, this is a straight forward method to do a late summer content nerf.

Second if they waited for the xpac, many players would complain that they bought the more expensive xpac for the higher resolve mount, only to find out that mounts no longer have resolve. No matter how obvious they made it, without going as far as having a flashing red confirmation box that says mounts no longer have resolve, are you sure you want to buy this version, it wouldn't be enough. So frankly, no company wants to have to go that far in saying don't buy our product, it is just bad business. So by doing it at this point in the xpac, it gives people time to realize that they are removing resolve from mounts in time.

Finally I just can't wrap my head around why people would be complaining about a BUFF to the player resolve situation, frankly one of the worst mechanics in the entire game in my opinion.

Edit: Just a small note, while it doesn't happen to me often, I have had my mount drop mid combat for dumb reasons before, and this changes prevents that from being an instant death, or even worse an impossible to be rezzed situation.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

and the Gate opens
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm scratching my head trying to follow your logic. I'm not sure when you started playing this xpac, but it launched back in November. This would be August now. The "top guilds" cleared content about 5 months ago if not earlier. By "content" i'm referring to siglines, solos, H designated group dungeons. and so forth. Raiding guilds are still working (some of them) on the last T tiers. The biggest challenge in the game currently is the Contested H3 zones, etc., which the average player will never see. People were clamoring about high resolve requirements early on and the difficulty of the bosses. The game has been dead for about 3 months now for a variety of reasons, resolve included. People simply aren't logging in to play. Grouping, whether you're in a guild or not, to even run H1-H2 content is like visiting a ghost town. It's literally non-existent. And doing something in mid to late August is not a "summer" event in my book. Content nerf this late in an xpac is sort of similar to asking who left the fence gate open after 5K head of cattle are wandering through town. A content nerf, in order to be meaningful and make an impact, should happen early on when a problem is recognized.
    At this point, unless someone has been catatonic in the hospital for the last month or they stopped logging in to play the game AND they don't bother to read the forums, will be the only ones who don't know resolve is being taken off the mounts. I'd also suggest that when an expac is being launched and you pre-order, you can usually check to see what the various familiars, mounts, etc. have to offer depending on how much money you want to spend.
    And on a small note, I've never had a mount drop mid combat. I've had buffs disappear zoning and had to recast stuff if dropped from a zone, thrown to desktop zoning, etc. But a mount dropping mid combat? Nope.
    Any rate, I appreciate we have varying ideas about this change.
  16. Ejiju Member

Great change, something as fundamental as the gating mechanic shouldn't be influenced by heritage crate buffs or premium expacs. That other stats on the mount matter, less this expac because of the much lower combat mit, but they still matter.
  17. Galorif New Member

If it's on test server... does that not mean it's a test to see if implementation would work? In my experience in IT and development, test servers are used for testing purposes. If they are alway implemented on the prod/live servers, why have a test server
    Twyla likes this.
  18. Sedient Active Member

Well yes, but on Test means that the feature is intended to go to Live absent anything being broken (though, being honest, that last part isn't always true)
    Twyla likes this.