RESOLVE is gone from mounts??

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Manafizzle, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Logged in on Test and discovered that my resolve had gone down by quite a bit. Checked all my gear, everything looked right.

Looked at my mount, and the 'resolve' stat is completely missing from it. Looked at all of my other mounts and none of them have resolve at all anymore.

This is crippling, as there is no way for me to recover the missing resolve and tackle appropriate content. WHY would you take resolve off mounts...??? One of those was the preorder mount, and I spent extra actual money to have access to that mount with all of the listed stats, including resolve.

Please tell me this was some kind of error, and will be fixed.

This mount is level 2:

[IMG]

This mount is level 14:

[IMG]

Asked in General chat. Nobody else has resolve on their mounts, either. This is bad.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the resolve for at least H1 heroics was lowered by a solidly decent amount (8565 for the first named in Blood and Sand H1 on test) so this likely is an overall benefit, but it SHOULD have been mentioned. [IMG]

This also means that the mount buffs are basically meaningless now since the other stats are pretty much moot on the mounts, so I won't complain much about it.
    elbuenomalo88, Pixistik and Myxx like this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Myxx likes this.
  4. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Is resolve being lowered across the board in RoR? Contested? Raids?
    Myxx likes this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

As far as I could tell, it was. I don't have access (or patience) to check anywhere else, on test.
    Myxx likes this.
  6. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Come on, help me spawn the fungus named in Badlands, Taled. With my now 8900 resolve necro, it'll be fine. (I'm kidding.) ;)

I'll see what I can target and check.
    Myxx likes this.
  7. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Trash in Gulf: 9194
    Stonesong in Emergence: 9299
    Poacher in Sultan's: 9404

Well. I guess that's....something.
    Myxx likes this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

[IMG]

This *looks* like the new numbers, but not positive
    SolarFaire and Manafizzle like this.
  9. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I can look at trash in Hunt or Delta, but can't get to the T2 for sure. :p
  10. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Trash at beginning of Delta: 9005

T2 trash in Delta: 9089
  11. Hennyo Member

So to put this in easier terms for most people,

The resolve change is just 345 less, which equals out to be 0.5 resolve gain in the players favor if you had the h3/raid mount plus the 30% mount buff. If you were the vast majority of the player base without that, the resolve change is even more in your favor.
  12. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Could not agree more.
    Manafizzle and Pixistik like this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

sadly we can not copy a toon to test for testing, but a drop from 9761 => 9430 would work if the resolve of the T5 mobs is really lowerd to 9404
  14. Uncle Active Member

it nice and all to lower resolve curve however unless comabat mit get ninja adjuisted as well this change is over all meanless
    Shwetty and Vlkodlak like this.
  15. Carnades New Member

lowered resolve is good and all but to remove it from mounts seem like a REALLY dumb move. All those that paid for the upgraded mount and mount buff are out of all that money. I mean why pay for the collectors ect for the mount if they are just gonna do this, Some would call this Right off Theft of money, Just my two coppers worth.
    Aggy and Pixistik like this.
  16. Redneck34 Member

Personally, im glad they remove mount resolve. Stops people from pay 2 win resolve. which is so stupid to do. At the start everyone complained they had resolve effected. now you all complain its getting removed? Can win with everyone unfortunately.
  17. Hennyo Member

The big deal is the fact they have been designing around raid / h3 mounts, with the PTW gamble box mount buff, which you could have spent a 1000 dollars to get and not even picked it up. This made returning for new players, or alts hard to do, while the raw stats outside of resolve still matter, they don't outright prevent the content from being attempted. In my book this is a step in the right direction to make this game more friendly for returning players and making alts more viable.

Edit : Just going to point out, I am not a returning player, or do I play alts. Also, that I have both the raid mount and the PTW buff, so none of this effects me in any type of positive way, and I still think this is a good idea.
  18. ojomi New Member

Don't know how much the pay 2 win crowd pays into EQ2, but bet it's a significant amount. Before you diss them, remember that they may be the only reason this game is still running. That said, telling people they will get something in return for spending money, then taking that something away, after you have grabbed their money, is theft. Plain and simple. You are stealing. I'm sure that somewhere, buried deep in the minutia, is language that gives you the legal right to do this. But legal isn't the same as ethical. Will I ever buy another "Premium" expansion? No. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Lowering the resolve, across the boards, will be a good thing I think. But the resolve problems are not the fault of the pay 2 win crowd. They are the result of poor game design. This problem has been known since the release of this expac. So after all these months, the problem is going to be solved by eliminating a perk that people paid actual, real money for. Pathetic and sad.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think anyone buying it *just* for the resolve and complaining about losing the resolve bump 10 months into the expansion is being a bit of a baby, really. There's next to zero chance you still need the resolve difference a CE/PE mount gives you at this point - run a couple H3s and you'll have the equivalent mount almost immediately, if not multiple, given how often they drop.

That said, this is a change that would make a LOT more sense at the start of the next expansion, in my opinion, rather than in the middle of this one. It's not likely to really help many, if any, people catch up resolve wise, and it - clearly - only angers people. Put the change in on Beta, make it clear that mounts won't have resolve once the expac launches, and set up the new zones with a lower resolve requirement based on that 350 lower resolve, rather than messing with everything in this expac in the middle of it. (Obviously they'd still have to drop every old expac resolve wise, because you can't just leave resolve on old mounts unless the new ones have a new stat that you HAVE to have to replace it, otherwise players will just keep using ROR mounts for the resolve boost)

It's a tough line to walk either way and I don't envy their decision to make, but those of you screaming bloody murder are really kind of overdoing it. It's not 'theft' or anything to take stats off of things you purchased - even if you personally 'only purchased it because of the resolve boost', that was only relevant at the start of the expac. Not 10 months into it. (Yes, I know we're only ~9 months in now, but by the time this launches we'll be closer to 11 months, at least)
    SolarFaire and Daryx like this.
  20. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I agree with this part.

I think most people's initial reaction is going to be annoyance and a feeling of having something they bought taken away. I understand their reaction completely. I thought it was a mistake when I discovered that my tediously-scraped-together Test resolve had been nerfed down under 9k...it's not easy to get resolve on Test and I've been trying hard to get a toon functional for possible adventures into heroic content. Did not expect my efforts to seem to go backwards, and it didn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings. As you can probably tell because I came here and posted about it.

However...knowing that it's part of a content-resolve-adjustment does change things. I think I get what they're doing...I still think it's not going to sit well with people unless it's rolled out as part of a new expac, as you said.