Resolve as a way to prolong content.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Travail Member

First off running pq's ad doing key quests most certainly help as you can get 70+ resolve gear.

Meeting the resolve check is not that difficult. This game is still leaps and bounds easier than it use to be on every front. I remember it taking months for some people to finally be able to complete some of the heroics. I recall some heroics where only a very very well put together group could even attempt them.

Please dont dumb the game down when it finally got a little bit more challenging again just so the whiners can win. If it takes you 2 months to get into a raid zone and kill stuff I say try harder.
    Revanu likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've never gotten 70 resolve gear from PQs.. and the 'theory seeker' gear from the key quests have horribly bad potency...
    In recent years, the 'must have 1/2+ gear from previous' was never a thing.
    For people with a set group with optimal or near optimal class mix, it's doable. For those w/o both of those.. it's more challenging than it should be...
    quisling and Kaarkula like this.
  3. Kaarkula Active Member

You need to read better - No where did I ask anything to be less challenging. Having to run x10 more heroics isn't "challenging"
    I'm not even really talking for myself - but the tons of people who this type of progression has made it so they can only play the game one way - heroic.

Not to mention the fact that once you start raiding ect... heroics are going to be less relevant than i can remember in years.

It's a poorly thought out system that isn't justified because you feel cool because you are raiding already.
    Austerity and quisling like this.
  4. quisling Well-Known Member

LOL...try harder. No...trying harder is when you are taxed, and push through via will or intellect. Slogging through the same content 70 times isnt "trying harder".
    Neither is having the same group drag you through zones because of your sparkling and engaging personality.
    Austerity and Kaarkula like this.
  5. Devin12 New Member

"Try harder" so simple. Despite everyone giving facts and exsample of why they are having issues you come in with this bit of wisdom. Thanks for pitching in champ. Not everyone is on the same playing feild but that does not mean everyone cannot have fun in this game. Its clear to see things are out of balance. Hopefully, devs will listen and make some much needed adjustments.
    Mermut and quisling like this.
  6. Travail Member

Much needed for who? Because the only few I see complaining are the few that post here.

Slogging through the same content 70 times... what mmo doesnt have you do this to progress? Just off the top of my head I recall running through a dungeon that a group was needed for and camping one named every day for almost 4 months to get one kill to progress one quest and yall are complaining about this??

Some people are never satisfied.
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

I find it extremely concerning that we have gone from 92 raid guilds down to 25 raid guilds in the past couple of months. There isn't even one guild from AB on the boards that's killed a raid mob, and AB used to be the most populated server.

I would really like this game to survive a couple more years, as I don't find any other games as appealing. The harder core raiders on this thread telling people to "try harder" reminds me of the wolves on Nagafen mocking all the sheep, and then wondering where their server went.
    Kaarkula and Holyduke like this.
  8. Yado Active Member

I personally don't see resolve as much as a gating mechanic as I do CB and POT, you like always have all the resolve in the world and still do squat for damage or healing in a heroic or raid for that matter. Once you have the resolve you are done, its all the other stats that make or break success in an instance. Solos need 0 resolves.