Resolve as a way to prolong content.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Kaarkula Active Member

It's over the top.

I like the idea of having to require some people to get heroic content, but it's been way over done.

In a decade I've never been this far into the game and not raiding, or still pretty far away from raiding.

I sure hope that people come to their senses and make some reductions in the resolve needed for raiding.

Not to mention that even with good gear many of the T2 zones are going to be very hard to complete - even for experienced players.

Hopefully this is going to get adjusted?
  2. knine Well-Known Member

you can get T2 resolve from MC gear.. I just posted about it, however the problem is. you still have to get the T1 gear from patterns, to even unlock t2.. even if you as some of my guildies have already done.. have t2 patterns sitting in their bags lol..
  3. Neroflop Member

this is just my opinion, but i've really been enjoying it A LOT.

it's nice that for once, there is some separation between all of the guilds. for the past how many years, we've had 20-30 guilds all raiding and killing content on the very first day of launch. Where is the fun and the challenge in that?

yes, its absolutely a little bit of a challenge to get to t1 raid resolve, but thats the whole point.

t2 zones are also challenging, we had to for a while kill the first few named in a zone to gear up before we could finish any of them start to finish. They will get a lot easier as you start getting t2 loot. Again, it just takes time.
    Dude, Breanna and Errrorr like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ooooh,... mystery disappearing posts are back.. or is that gone again...

Yes, resolve is one of the many methods being used to slow down how fast players more through content this expac.
    Dude, Kheldar and Kaarkula like this.
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

Because a lot of people play EQ2 to raid.. not run heroic content for 2-3 months.

There is a difference between "challenging" and "time" consuming.

As far as the separation between guilds.. that's a very poor justification and has nothing to do with why the devs have designed this unprecedented system.
    Kheldar and Mermut like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not at all unprecedented. They always add in something new to try and slow down progress through the expansion so people won't be through it and bored after two weeks. Remember crit mit? Jeez, if you've been with the game long enough, remember LU13? /shudder. And faction grinds?

This ain't nuthin' new.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Kaarkula Active Member

Yeah stunting progression is nothing new... and yes I remember crit mit.

But even in the crit mit days it was not this severe.

The amount of resolve needed to be attained to raid just the lowest level goes way beyond what kind of crit mit people needed to have to raid in DOV.
    Holyduke likes this.
  8. Ogdinmar Active Member

I really love this xpac however I do think the over all resolve is a little hindering. I'm not having too much of N issue but many of my guildies are. I don't think lowering all the t1 resolve reqs is the way to go, but if two or three were set to like 1350 or 1400 I think that would create a better flow for the xpac. So at least some raiding could be done.
    Holyduke and semisus like this.
  9. quisling Well-Known Member

Blah. A side effect of that silly resolve number is the inability of some to raid without being a rabid player. Way back when I started raiding, I was able to participate and contribute in raids after just being a casual player. Perhaps my raid force carried me a little ... but I was NOT a liability. Now? Pfft you start raiding in semi-casual gear, you are a dead body being dragged around a zone. That jump kinda sucks.
    Holyduke and Seefar like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with this method.. it's a small speed bump for the harder core raid forces. and a small mountain for the more casual forces
    Kheldar, enotirab, Holyduke and 4 others like this.
  11. duckster Active Member

Getting a new recruit into a raid force with the current resolve requirements seems like a non starter.
    Holyduke likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My raid force is kinda stuck. We have maybe 4-5 players with enough Resolve, the rest of us are struggling. Part of that is because holidays, part is because during the week we all play at different times. Last weekend we ran PQs on our two raid nights.
    Holyduke likes this.
  13. quisling Well-Known Member

Same deal....we've been running groups during raid time to try to gear folks up. I think there are like 6 of us that have enough gear to make that number
    Holyduke likes this.
  14. Holyduke Member

Same with this casual raid force that is an alliance raid. Because of this restriction, we are talking months before being able to raid, and most of this raid force just wants to log in and raid, not run heroic zones. People are getting depressed, including me. Out of 24 raid members maybe 3 have enough resolve to raid? Being this far in, its just silly.

This:
    I will not be surprised if some just call it quits. If you do not want to change things, then please give us another way to get resolve. Long solo quest? A rare item that we can farm in a solo zone? Tradeskill weekly? Something? Anything? Getting groups together or casuals not having the time to group up in heroic is the main issue. As it stands, we have the "hardcore" members go into only the easy T-2 zones and then bringing in members that can use the items. That is what we have dedicated our raids too. We are not raiding; we are doing this instead? That is not fun. Going to get old fast. We are not the only raid force running into this issue. I have talked to other casual raid forces who are running into the same thing.

Chaos Descending is going to eliminate the casual raiders. Look at sites like https://progress.eq-raiders.com to see how limiting this really is.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

^^^THIS. I also am terrible on my shaman, which is what the raid wants me to play. I'm thinking of flat out deleting the character altogether.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

My impression is that many players are struggling with the current game decisions/roadblocks impacting some raiding guilds ability to raid. A lot of that is just getting enough people to on during the week to run "stuff" to gain sufficient amount of resolve and decent equipment to come prepared. Yes, it is work--no doubt about it. Part of the problem I see is defining the oft-used term "casual raid guild." What exactly does that mean? I suspect definitions will flow across the board. For me, there should be some work involved and it's not just about resolve/potency, etc. It's also about what levels your spells are at, or your ascensions or your 2.0 spells. I see some people trying to raid with with low level ascension/spells/CAs, Epic 2.0s and whine like a little child because no one wants to "carry" them. Low level or missing adorns. Sorry folks, but if you can't spend some time getting your toon up, then you shouldn't be raiding. Trust me, I'm not a hard core raider either by any measurement. That said, you should demonstrate some accountability to be able to make a contribution to the raid and stop thinking that everyone else "owes" you something because you're just not willing to work for it. Play the game the way you want, but don't expect raid levels and requirements to turn into marshmallow playgrounds simply because you no longer have the desire or interest in actually getting your toon ready for what it takes to raid. At some point (sooner than later), we all reach the end of our playing careers either by age or we just aren't interested enough to do the work required to get there. Now, excuse me, I have a PQ to run and some more key quests to knock out, haha. I'm old, but I don't mind doing some work to get better. Happy Hunting!!!
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  17. Holyduke Member

@ Bhayar and how is doing PQ quest and running key quest going to help get to the resolve that is needed for raiding? It will not as the gear does not have the necessary resolve.

You are assuming we are not willing to work. That is not the case. The issue is the requirement to do the zones and having a the perfect group; tank, typically 2 healers, and a power reg then 2 higher level DPS's. Plus having all be on at the same time. Try a PUG group, not going to happen. I personally have full master crafted, refined, experimented on and plat infused gear, all adornments, most spells master, etc. I can do PQ's, key quest, solo quest, and so on until I am blue in the face but until I can get a group together to run heroics it means nothing. Master crafted gear is 60 resolve. I might get lucky and get a relic 65 resolve ring in zones. I can spend tokens to get a 90 resolve shield. We are now forced to do T-1 heroics in order to get the pattern so we can unlock and use the T-2 heroics. At this point, this far into CD most of the casual players cannot do T-2 heroic content. Out of the 24, we have some strong players that can do this and at least take out one mob in the easiest T-2 heroic zone, while others simply cannot. If you say "well you are not willing to work at it then do not raid" If the "work" you say means spending months and months to get heroic gear then I will agree with you. If I have to time sync months and months in order to get my resolve high enough before I can start to raid, which is why I play Everquest 2, then I will be one of the ones that stop playing. NEVER has it been like this. Never have I had to tell my raid force to we cannot raid even easy stuff because "90% of you do not the resolve or POT we need. Oh and by the way raid force, because of the healing change, I need 2 of you to switch to healers."

18. gixxstiality New Member

this expac is the dumbest I ever seen... lots of resolve.. when a player dies mobs gain increments.....and much more.... not even remotely fun...I come here for fun......
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

@Holyduke

Since you don't know me and I don't know you, let's make sure we don't fall into the mistake of making "assumptions" about what someone is saying. First of all, I can hit my head against the wall with the best of them. Secondly, I try never to lose my sense of humor and that sneaks into my posts frequently. The tongue in cheek comment about key quests/PQs was part of that humor, although that said, there is gear available that drops in those that's pretty nice. Secondly, you know what they say when people use the word "assume." Your message is a great example. I didn't say all raiders were lazy, because that's patently a false assumption. Have I seen the things I'm describing in "casual raid guilds?" You bet your sweet azz I have. Read my message again--especially the part about trying to get a decent group together to actually get into content and get gear needed. It's a royal PITA and it's complicated by some awfully ugly mechanics at play right now. Do I feel your frustration--you bet I do. I've not seen it this ugly either and frankly, we've got a huge Catch-22 in play right now. Class mechanics have been changing on the fly and it's impacted a lot of things. And coming right before and during a new x-pac, strategically, it's a bit of a hot mess. That said, there are people who are working hard and feeling a bit like Sisyphus from Greek Mythology. I complement you on where you're at, because I've done the same darn amount of refining, MCing, imbuing, reforging, etc. that many of us do. There are players out there (just like in real life), who want to play, but not put in the work that many of us are doing and it's frustrating when you look at their spells, gear, etc. and know they haven't done much to advance their toon in two years, yet somehow they feel it's everyone else's fault they're in the predicament their in, but they still want to group and raid without doing the work. I predicted to several people this xpac might just well weed out the part time player who want to be Tier 1, but not do the work it requires to get there. What's new? Now if we could just get the game mechanics tuned correctly, we could all feel like we're getting somewhere. Frankly, several of us are feeling like we will be into next year before things turn around. Wish you the best in your endeavors. Nothing like a JD on the rocks to help balance a long day of running stuff, haha.[/quote]
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The problem isn't getting Resolve. You can get enough Resolve for heroics just using Mastercrafted hear. The real stretch is getting your Potency and other stats back up once you have the appropriate Resolve.
    Rebelde likes this.