Required Adornments from Panda Guy

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by kurghan, Nov 16, 2022.

1. kurghan Active Member

Hi All,
    Was wondering what the best adornments would be for a Paladin from the panda guy?
    i know next week will be the release of the glory etc red adorns but is there anything else that a budding paladin should look to be getting for arrival of the new xpac in a few weeks.
    Thanks in advance
    Kurghan
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

If you don't have the bloodbound versions, you want to have the four immunity adorns (Stifle/Mez/Stun/Fear) as well as the Tol'Ren white adorn set. Other than that, none are 'required', but you'll want to have the white adorns for your gear, obviously. Potency/CB on the slots they go on, etc. Sigdrifa's post about gearing up in the general forum gives a decent guide on what you want, though it's slated for the start of Vetrovia rather than the start of Ro.
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The best advice I can give you is to carefully compare the pieces of gear alongside one another by opening their Examine windows, and make your judgements based on that.

The "Hua Collector" items are the highest level of Panda goodies.

I won't write the gearing up guide for Renewal of Ro until after it launches, because stuff on Beta can change a lot. But take a look at the VoV Gear Guide for which flavors of adorns were recommended. Just replace those with the Hua Collector versions for now. Also note that we were breaking up red rune sets by the end of VoV, because we needed that second or third set bonus less than other runes or we just wanted more of the single set item bonus... What you select will in part depend on what the stats look like on your equippable gear.

The armor, weapons, and jewelry from the Pandas generally isn't going to be your best bet. Compare them to what you are wearing now. If you can manage The Merchant's Den and Kurn's Tower Solos, that's pretty much the best gear you will get soloing at this moment.

RoR gear is going to completely blow VoV gear out of the water in several ways. As of the last time I looked at Beta (that's been a couple of days now, I'll be in Beta again today) the actual mitigation on armor was about 1/3 as much as VoV gear, while things like Potency were much higher. RoR solo gear doesn't have much in the way of overcap stats on it, but apparently Heroic and better will. So at first in the upcoming release, some of your VoV gear seems like it will be what you will want in the new expansion (barring further stat changes we can't predict).

Also, if your Ascensions aren't all leveled, or you are just starting Overseer missions and the like, the Pandas have baubles for leveling that stuff. Close Pas Yu's merchant window, apply the boost, then buy another, rinse and repeat until you have gotten all the boost it will give you.
    Cassta, Bhayar and Twyla like this.
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

Basically any adornment named Hua Collector's is a good choice. The four white adornments named Tol'Ren are the best things you can grab (unless you have the four Dyrraga adornments from Merchant's Den Challenge).

The two green adornments, Hua Collector's Cometglow and Hua Collector's Star Shard are also good. Even though they are Lore, you can wear three of the same kind. You just can't have more than one in your bags at a time, and if you remove one from equipment while another is in your bags, the second one goes poof. Mix and match these two adorns depending on whether you need Ferver Overcap or Crit Bonus Overcap.

The four "resist" adornments, Blinding Gleam, Astral Dominion, Adamant Resolve, and Adamant Defiance each protect you from a control effect. It's unclear how useful these will be in the new expansion, but it will be worth holding on to them anyway. It's all free, so no downside to buying everything.

The four weapon runes, Evasion, Expedience, Rage, and Reactionary Strike are all useful. I recommend wearing three of these four, and you can decide for yourself based on your own stats which one to drop. I chose not to wear the Rage rune, since it primarily gives Ability Doublecast, and I already have enough of that.

Chorus of Night and Symphony of the Void are both useful on paladins, since we use a mix of combat arts and spells. If you find that you don't have enough red slots for everything you want, Chorus of Night is the preferred choice, since most of our damage comes from combat arts.

The [IX] runes will be worth having. Hopefully those stats get upgraded before they unlock, but even if they don't, they are quite useful.

I don't recall if there are any other useful red adornments. The remaining white adornments will be replaced almost immediately in the new expansion, but they're a good stop gap if you don't have any good ones from this year.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. kurghan Active Member

thank you all, much appreciated will go and take a look at what is there.

kurghan
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Honestly I'd say everyone should pick up the panda immunity runes. Bloodbound doesn't work in RoR as I found in one of the solos that feared me with the bloodbound fear rune on. The change to adorns (I know not everyone will know since not everyone is on beta or paying attention to beta forums/Discord) makes it very ambiguous as to which adorns will or won't work when the expansion hits in two weeks.
    Cassta, Bhayar and Twyla like this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

That is.. disappointing, to say the least. Bloodbound should work for solo at the very least, bleh.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Agreed, but unless it's bugged and should be mentioned as such, the text on the bloodbound on beta doesn't reflect that either
    Cassta and Taled like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They said something about multiple tiers of red runes, which I assume includes belt runes. If the drop rate is as poor as in VoV for red runes, this could be a big problem.
    Cassta and Scrappyz like this.
  10. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

It does include belt immunity runes. Someone did mention the panda runes worked fine, but as mentioned the bloodbound ones don't seem to unless they're bugged and missing the text.

And yes, it'll be a fun rng problem /s
    Cassta likes this.