Request for Devs - Fuel Depot

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Bruce The Original, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think that's an easy one: We'd be lost without them. Harvest depots in particular are probably a big reason people bother to hang around in the first place. I can't imagine the decorating community being the same without them. Sharing resources in a guild isn't always a pleasant experience and keeping your own personal stash of rares was a pain. Holidays started coming along and there was even more to be stored away.

There's one design intent that seems to be overlooked and that's things being designed around 1 character making use of it. Not everyone has multiple crafters. While they make allowances for those that have any kind of alt, it's still about the one character.

With housing being the way it is, it's possible to have infinite storage, it just requires some level of organization. I took the simple route of having my sage just hold fuels, but having a house for the scholars to do their own thing would divide everything nicely and allow for room to grow. 3 characters pulling in their own resources from goblins and ponies would probably be more than enough to handle their needs. You could even swap the provisioner for the jeweler, so you're not buying extra coal.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :)

So why not let us have "extra space" in our Fuel Depots or up to, say, 2-4 of the same small-sized Depot in our houses (make it House-Lore for the big 1000 jobs, but sheesh...)? I think the Powers just don't want to admit Guild Halls aren't the lovely sinkhole that they were designed to be any more. :-/

Uwk
    who finally broke down and unlocked Dungeon Maker...for the express purpose of having more storage space ;->
    Glenorian likes this.
  3. Bruce The Original Member

I would be willing to give the basic fuels a miss, just because their main use tends to be only for those first beginning their tradeskill questing. However, even with just that removed, it still would call for 5 more slots. And if I remember correctly, those basic fuels still get use for tinkering/adorning/etc?

I mean, we're 9/10 there, with the size of the harvest depot and all the other items. Just 10 more slots would make all the difference, a few extra beyond that would be amazing. Please pretty pretty please?
  4. suka Well-Known Member

that is the harvest depot - the other depots don;t make small ones, they only make one size no matter when you stop the crafting
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

until the devs see fit to address this and possibly add more slots, i have a suggestion. put a market board in your house right over the fuel depot. if you right-click on it you will find that among other options you can access your house vault - that's right - no matter who's house you are in. Now you have some options

You can put a bag in a slot in your house just for fuel or you can put a sales crate in your marketplace slot to use. i think silvers can use the slots, they just can't sell out of them, or i may be wrong. either way, you now have access to slots to use to store your fuel and you can just take out the fuel for the projects you are working on and place those in the depot and remove them after you are done. i use my depot to actually store fuel that several different crafts use - like coal. i put the rest in their vaults.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

putting all of your crafting into one house has its advantages. i have all of my stations in one house, all of my depots there, all of my apprentices there including the dropped ones. My toons all jump there before starting their various daily quests. I even have all of the portals i can possibly get that lead to crafting quests in that one house. if you could put your apprentices in a guild hall i could see how it would be the one-stop place but it has limitations. you can't even put the portal pictures that are player made in the hall and most of my portal pictures lead to places where i do crafting quests among other quests.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

yes and i encourage my guild members to stock their rares and other special stuff at home and give them the depots to do it in. Once when i was in another guild, the update that changed the harvest depots locked us all out of the guild depot until an officer could come in and reset the permissions. some people who didn't have a home depot and had no harvests stocked panicked because they couldn't do their writs that day.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

basics are not just for beginners. other than frostfell, most of the other holiday crafts use basic fuel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Deveryn like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right! But, that was the Harvest Depot; the last I'd heard, that bit no longer worked. :-/

Uwk
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

If you would expand the Fuel Depot to hold all levels of basic fuels I could then dump my bags.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Karrane like this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

awww - that sucks
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Indeed, but again, always double-check; I could be wrong. I hope I am. :-/

Uwk
    who is more than a wee bit concerned over the big 12-hour EU maintenance going on right now...Uwk hopes he's wrong there, too :-/
  13. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, I can confirm that stopping early with the Personal Harvest Depot creates a large one (before it made a small one). It appears that the small version can no longer be crafted in game unless there is some other method or recipe out there that I don't know about. Oh well, I guess one of my houses gets to have a treasure chest looking item LOL.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And they shrink down pretty well, as far as being a house item goes; I can be really subtle with mine. ;->

Uwk
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Please please please...pretty please with sugar on top...can we get the fuel depot slots increased so we can hold all fuel.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As long as the prevailing attitude is to force people to use the plat/status sinks that are Guild Halls, I'm betting it's not gonna happen. :(

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  17. Karrane Well-Known Member

I don't see a GH as a problem in this issue.

You can't put your research assistants in a GH so you need a home to put them in. And in a game this age, we all have a lot of alts with their own assistants :).........a lot!!
    Imo, its not fair at this stage of the game to force us to have 2 crafting homes because of 10 slots in a fuel depot.

I still have a stack of fuel in my door vault, my old work around from carrying fuel. All my alts do :( and I hate it as much now as I ever did.

Please Devs.. give us a few more slots in the fuel depot.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

to me, guild halls are wonderful for helping people new to the game and i still use them for the conveniences such as banking and the merchant to sell status stuff to and the collector and the gardener and all those portals in one convenient spot. I use the medium hall so it doesn't cost us that much. We are quite happy with ours and wouldn't dream of giving it up.

Having the ability to craft at home is also a convenience. I can put all of my stations, depots, apprentices, etc in one place along with all those portals that can't be put into a guild hall and then all my little alts from my several accounts can drop by using the housing and leaderboards from anywhere they happen to be. if only the depots were big enough to hold all of their stuff. luckily back when we could make those small ones i found it necessary to make a whole lot of them to cover each house so my alts would have places to put stuff. Pays off now that i can put all those little depots in the same house for separating out all those harvests. if only i could do that with fuel depots i would be set.
  19. Bruce The Original Member

Sorry to Necro. Would still really like to keep this fresh in minds. A mere 10 item modification would make a tremendous difference in our home projects. Between leveling alts and the spread of recipes, I find myself needing every fuel, and it's a little bothersome that we have a home harvest depot capable of holding so very much, but the fuel depot only needs another 10 slots to be perfect. What do you say, oh wonderful awesome devs? Perty please? Perty perty please?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hardly necro-ing; this was what the post was about, so I don't see anything wrong with injecting some gnomish Infusium Festerstopulite into its veins. ;->

Uwk
    suka likes this.