Request for Devs - Fuel Depot

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Bruce The Original, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Bruce The Original Member

Hey, wonderful Devs! We of the decorating enthusiast community want to thank you for all the gifts during Frostfell, they have been really amazingly cool!

With that, and since having the new tables requires a few more fuel slots in our depots, I was wondering if there's any possibility that the content limit on the fuel depot could be increased. Even just another 10 or 20 slots would be amazingly helpful!

If not that, would there be any possibility that the house-lore tag on this particular depot be removed? Either possibility would be extremely helpful!

Thank you so much!
    cellinaire, Jussa, Feara and 2 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think they're ever gonna take off the House-Lore tag, because they nuked the "don't make the Large depot, stop before you get there and you get a Small depot that you can place in multiple numbers" workaround, saying, essentially, that "unlimited storage wasn't what we had in mind" (really, devs, you should know better by now), but hopefully they could expand the slot numbers. And I won't believe them if they say it's impossible; they've done the "impossible" before. ;->

Uwk
  3. Karrane Well-Known Member

I will add my +1 wish to this request too!!

The only issue now with my crafting home for all my alts is a fuel depot that wont hold everyones fuel 8(..
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to see another bump, I don't see them changing the depots just for the few extra fuels that are worth holding now. It's easy enough to have a separate house for FF crafting. My sage is the only one that still carries fuel for the regular crafting. The inconvenience seems negligible.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

As always, anytime this is brought up, I'm all in.

We really need the home fuel depot expanded. The convenience would be tremendous.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Karrane like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, when it says "House-Lore," that just means we can't have more than one in each house, not that we can't have more than one, period? :-/

Uwk
    Avahlynn likes this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Personal House Depots offer players expanded storage in their own homes. Much like Guild Hall Depot Amenities, these come in a wide variety for all your storage needs. They have a new flag, HOUSE-LORE, as its only intended for one of each kind to be in a home.

That's from ZAM, so you are correct, Uwk. One per domicile.
  8. Bruce The Original Member

Thus far, there has been no work-around as there was with the original personal depots to get around the house-lore flag. I think someone posted a thread about house-lore being worthless, with a picture of a ton of depots in one house, but that was back in July when things first got added.

Even if I had the frostfell fuel and tables in a different house, the depot still doesn't allow for the myriads of fuels that I end up using... some basics keep wandering back into use, lots of fuels through tinkering.

Again, major thanks to the devs for the gifts we already have gotten. Would just love this one little factor to change, it would make a world of difference!
    Karrane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, so THAT'S how we got the workaround taken away...thanks, whoever it was that posted. >:-|

I don't have a Fuel one yet; my highest crafter is only 71, so the Shared Bank is handling that for now, but I loved being able to have more than one Small Harvestables Depot; I've got a Large for the common mats, a Small for the rares, and another Small for just food/drink mats, all in my Provie's place...for now. ;->

Uwk
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

They have changed their minds before so there is no harm in asking to keep it on their minds. I have all nine crafters and would definitely prefer to have a stack of all fuel in the fuel chest. I can work around it by figuring out what my carpenter will use and my sage for the notebooks and for the rest just having the higher level tiers and hope that its enough. But for convenience sake it would be great to have it hold all the fuel. It currently wont even hold all the regular type fuel.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? Hmm...I know there's Coal, Kindling, Filament, Sandpaper, Incense, and Candle (I think that's it), so 6 types times 10 Tiers...60 total, so yeah, if there's only 100 "slots," there wouldn't be a lot of wiggle room (I have way too many duplicate stacks of fuels here and there; time to consolidate), since the stacks are only up to 200, and each stack takes up a "slot"? I know the more advanced recipes, heck, the Mastercrafted stuff at lower tiers, take a LOT of fuel for each product. I can easily see a higher Tier crafter using up an entire stack very quickly. :-/

Uwk
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

I was talking about the personal fuel depot. Mine has only 50 slots. I know the guild hall ones are larger but we have a fuel merchant standing right there in the guild hall.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FIFTY?! Oy, I can understand now...yeah, there'd be no way it could hold all the ordinary stuff. :-/

Uwk
  14. Bruce The Original Member

It's an interesting dynamic, with Frostfell being the only holiday which has an alternate fuel, and certain quested craftings providing their own fuel. Still, I draw my comparison to the new limit on the large personal harvest depot. Even with all the regular harvests, reactants, rares, and all my stockpiled holiday stuff, there are still many many slots available. Seems like it would be more balanced if the fuel depot was also up to that task, enough to at least cover all the basic fuel types. It won't break my heart if I have to stockpile Frostfell fuel in the vault. But, almost all of my toons' crafting is all across the tiers and fuel types, so having access to them across the board would be exceedingly helpful.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You don't have to stockpile FF fuels in your vault, though. It's easy enough to make another depot and put it in another house with another harvest box for the FF materials.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Still, only 50! Sheesh...at least they could cover the 60 minimum. :-/

Uwk
    Katz and Feara like this.
  17. Karrane Well-Known Member

Thats the whole point Deveryn.. we don't want to use 2 homes to do the task that 1 should accomplish.

I am not super happy about a 'work-around' for the holiday fuels but oh well, I will live with that.
    But I think that the depots should at least hold all of the main types of fuel.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

And that's where the devs disagree. They don't want the home to be the one-stop for all. That's what the guild halls are for. The intent is evident in the design of all the depots. Everything is never more than half the size of the guild counterpart. They just cut us a break with the harvests because there are so many of those. We only have 50 slots because carpenters actually make use of 3 different fuels, so the original 20 slot box would've been a horrible deal for them.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::snort:: If they didn't want that, why do Depots exist at our level in the first place? There's tons of other reasons to still use the Guild Halls. :-/

Uwk
    Feara and Karrane like this.
  20. din ohtar Member

the guild halls work IF you are in a guild

some people may not want to join someone's else guild. Or they are in a dead guild, and cannot get their new toon into the guild (as both the invitee and inviter need to be logged on at the same time).

So they do all their crafting / zoning from their homes. Homes are great as there is a large variety to pick from, and you don't need someone else's OK to do it up as they like.