Recklessness is too reckless; buff Offensive instead.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Boli, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Reckless fighters if played right still hold hate. I play Heroic and even most EM Raid in Reckless when I am not the MT. If ALL your tanks are going Reckless its not your dps's fault they died. It's your moronic tanks fault for all thinking they can go Reckless.

The stance is just that. It is to allow fighters to psuedo fill a dps spot when their tanking abilities are not need on pull X but the pull after pull X they need it. Instead of swapping out for a dps they just have the fighter go reckless. The stance works; in fact it has less utility for Warrior's because of its crit bonus lack.
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The problem is the sizeable amount of damage a tank takes in reckless and the lack of crit bonus which minimizes its usefulness for warriors, especially considering the ae on even trash mobs nowadays.
  3. Netty Member

I would like the see the day when you could have a tank replace a utility class... The easier way was to give us dps. Also you need to learn to read better. Since i never once said i want it made better. We can fill 2 roles? Apart from maybe SK:s and bruisers i dont see any tank class beating t1 dps classes. Maybe on 2-3secs aoe fights but tbh they doesent even matter. I play my class fine ty. And if all your fighters are going reckless and dont hold aggro and let everyone die its something wrong with them not with the stance itself...

And again put down your pipe and read abit more. I havent said at all that i want any changes made. I like it the way it is.Aggro is sh*t in this stance and tbh should be fixed since you dont want tanks tanking in it anyway. Get a grip and learn to read post first befor you rage all over them pls.

And tbh some dps classes fill 2 roles. Take assassin. Now why do you want a assassin? Debuffing max health and hate transfer.Summoners ET is amazing utility... Sound more to me that you are pist since rangers dont provide much use other than dps. But that a problem with your class not all dps classes.
    Estred likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Reckless imo should be split into 50% of its current bonus to Potency moved to CB and the other 50% remains Potency. It also should make all "threat" values take a multiplied values of -1 thus making taunts de-taunts. Recklesses imabalance is it skews the fighters based on archetype too much and is too easy to still tank in.

Distributing the stats and not slanting the stance to so massively help Crusaders. Somewhat help Brawlers. Leave Warriors in the dust.

Reckless adds at best 50% to my parse while I watch our SK get 200% out of his stance. If there is any disparity its with the stance and the tanks. If your whole raid of tanks are reckless... as Netty pointed out the issue is in your tanks not your raid. Many classes these days fill their primary roll and a small portion of another roll. Used to be only Brig/Swashy had the big debuffs but now Assasins do to. So should Assassin 'Stance' be nerfed because they are minor supplying the roll of a Brigand? I think not. I personally agree wholly with Netty here.
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

the problem with the stance is that it "gender bends" a tank into a role that is all ready represented ad naum in raid (damage dealer).

what should happen is that reckless should give a sizable boost to the tanks group and lower hate considerably for the tank. that way the entire group is doing more damage. this serves the purpose that reckless was put in game to do but does not encroach on other class roles.

also like mentioned you need to give reckless more than just potency. it needs to be both cb and potency for the group but if you decide to keep only for the tank then it needs to be potency and auto attack multiplier. make it a raw CB boost would be an insane damage boost far out of proportion with game balance.

just in case some says anything about utility.. fret not the bard/chanter mafia will still hold a solid footing in raid rosters since the effects would stack.
  6. Boli Active Member

Annoying facts about recklessness:

1. Increase damage by 50% also includes magical damage; so you are virtually walking around with zero resists so ANY AoE unless you are running a ave or AoE avoid means you DIE.

2. -30% hate gain is meaningless when you consider that DPS=Agro and whilst positionals have been removed from combat arts there is still the MASSIVE threat boosts to many abilities; likewise if you increase your DPS by 200% but reduce your hate by 30% it is in fact a net gain for holding agro. We become a DPS class which cannot control their own hate other than upwards.

3. Recklessness benefits some classes more than others; rather than just a stance for all fighters it should have been tailored for each fighter class. SKs on 800% potency is just quite frankly sickening as they were not exactly low in the DPS to begin with.

All of this adds up to fact that for a buff which was designed to allow other fighters to join the raid/group actually only ends up in alienating themselves from a group/raid. Afterall who wants a class which pulls agro from the main tanks, dies all the time and doesn't offer anything in thew way of buffs/debuffs to the group/raid; I mean you already have a ranger in the raid :p

Which brought me to the reason why I wrote this post in the first place; when you gain more hate in recklessness than offensive stance, and more in offensive stance than defensive. surely you can see something is WRONG. If strikethrough was fixed, adding 20% hate gain 20% strikethough and removing the -c/s/p from defensive stance would go a long way to making it viable for tanking in all the time; and rather than being called the "defensive stance" it should be called the "agro stance".
    Encori and Estred like this.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly with Boli.
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Recklessness is fine. The DPS gain isn't overpowered while tanking because you have to use saves regularly and actively to offset the incoming damage OR ELSE YOU DIE.

It's not overpowered because of damage
    It's not underpowered because of dying

There is a balance to find between the two, and it's really not that hard. Use your abilities and the abilities of your group, and you can use it in almost any situation for offtanking, or just dps. I still wouldn't use it while main tanking anything remotely difficult, but that's not the purpose it serves.

I do, however, think regular stances should be more polarized. But doing so would require recklessness to be buffed as well. It's already missing the hit rates.