Recipes UI Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Asterix, May 19, 2020.

1. Pacus New Member

Actually, this is a request I submitted several times before. It applies to all search windows, e.g. tracking, recipes, broker, whatever. A CLEAR button would be nice. instead of backspacing to clear the query, just hit the CLEAR button. Done tracking goblins, and want to track gnolls? Hit CLEAR once and start typing gnolls. Or, if you're just tooling around and have your last search still stuck in the window, it would be nice just to click CLEAR to see what's lurking about. Done crafting poisoned broadhead crossbow bolt and want to craft psychic bodkin arrow, just hit the CLEAR and start typing psy bod <enter>.
    It's the little things that make life a little nicer.
  2. EnvironmentalHazard New Member

If you are using DarqUI you already have this, but it only has 10 favorite recipes per toon. Click the arrow next to where you type word searches.
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

I didn't read through all the other suggestions because I am lazy, but can I request that instead of having the game load every recipe I own whenever I open the recipe book, it opens blank and only shows recipes when I search? (Or at least an option for this)
    Often I'll accidentally hit my hotkey for it in the middle of a fight (Clumsy fingers!) and loading 20984230 recipes and their details lags me out - Not even on a particularly poor computer.
  4. Doobius40504 Active Member

Are you still responsible for the tradeskill items, or who is nowadays? I ask because I haven't see a single red shiny in Obulus Frontier and I've been running around there off and on for a week. The Gardener's Tools collection is completely un-finish-able because of this, too. The red shinies are supposed to be around the mouth of the Crusader's cave, but I haven't seen one yet.

I think you guys hate tradeskillers. In my experience over 12 years, anyway.
    Geroblue likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look around the Ny'Caelonia gardens area for red shinies, then there's a path to... Fens, i think it is, and you will find more in there. Don't get all cranky about shinies when you really don't know where they are. Ask first!
  6. Komatus Well-Known Member

As was stated before, check the Ny'Caelonia Garden area for the red shinys plus you also have to go to the old abandoned mine and enter it on the west side middle of the zone (roughly in that area) and there are some red shinys in there that are needed to complete the collection.

----Komatus---- (Talon and Claw Guild Leader for over 8 years now)
    Geroblue, Breanna and Doobius40504 like this.
  7. Komatus Well-Known Member

Whoops...not west side...far south side middle of the zone behind big rock on cliff wall. Mouse over will light it up so you can click on it. (my mental compass is a bit off, old age kicking in)
    Doobius40504 and Breanna like this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Do you already have the earing of solstice? https://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Category:EQ2_Red_Collections
  9. Doobius40504 Active Member

Hartsmith likes this.
  10. Doobius40504 Active Member

Yep - been there and have done that too. And I didn't see it previously posted, as going through thousands of posts keeps me from the actual game. But thank you for answering my post. I do appreciate it.
    Komatus likes this.
  11. Doobius40504 Active Member

I wasn't getting cranky, I was going by the EQ2 wiki which says they are near the mouth of the Crusader's Cave.

And thank you for the reply!
    Hartsmith likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Remember that the wiki is written by folks just like you, it's a pure fan effort.If you see something that could use an update, feel free to add it!

Relatively speaking, the red shinies on the way to Fens are sorta close to Crusader's Cave. I've slept since KA came out, but it may be that originally there were some red shinies closer to the cave? I honestly do not recall.
    Geroblue and Doobius40504 like this.
  13. Komatus Well-Known Member

I've always found most of mine in the gardens area and the abandoned mine. Never had a big problem finding them. Of course the game's shiny generator might have gone a bit wonky on you. I've seen the game do some strange things in the past. o_O
    AOE1, Breanna, Geroblue and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tannie Member

Three things I would like to see.

1. Filters based on ,materials on hand with option for A) inventory only, B) Depot Only and C) Both Inventory and Depot

2. Craft directly to broker bag. Would be nice especially for Mass Production. Craft 75 Backpacks directly into my Bag Display on broker.

3. This is a bit outside of your question, but the crafting dialog would be very nice as a Phone App and would be great to allow crafting without having to be home and running EQ2. Should include the ability to Move items to Broker and configure prices. I'd be willing to pay a one time fee for this feature..
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  15. Twyla Well-Known Member

There are two red shiny quests in Obulus. The language, which is mostly found in Nye and around Twark. Then there is the gardeners tools. They are found in Nye, the cave mentioned above, and one is given as a quest reward and I have never found it wandering the landscape.
    Doobius40504 and Geroblue like this.
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Add a "clear" button to the recipe book. When you are at a crafting table and type in a recipe you are wanting it is great but when you need to type in another recipe you want, you have to manually backspace to put in the new one. A "clear" button would be useful there under the Find button. Outside of that I am fine with it all.
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Personally, that gets a little more complicated than I think we need. Interesting idea but I kind of like that we have a system that now is pretty easy to understand and simple. Just need to be able to clear the 'search' box with a 'clear' button, imo
  18. Riles New Member

Would definitely love to be able to filter by class/level/slot
    Geroblue likes this.