Recipe Window Revamp [ Give me your ideas! ]

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Terrogaunt, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Fp_sam New Member

Something i'm not sure I've seen others mention. Let me have flters that are specfic to the crafter...ie i don't need a arrow filter taking up room in my sage's filter list.

I also think someone else mentioned this but I want a filter that has only certain recipes. for example 5 different recipes that have no relation in tier, name, class or anything else other than i added them all to the same list. I don't even need a ui to do it if the game would just use a xml file or something else that is simple and text editable.

Look at drumsUI or profitUI. Both of those ui are popular and highly recommended for a reason. They offer what the default ui does not. The way that I can have the recipe list up while still crafting is nice.

I need more coffee but the filters would be nice any other positive changes would just be gravy.
  2. Emms Member

My text is long, I'm sorry for that! I try to mark text with bold that tell what I propose so my reasoning and explaining only need to read if interested.

Impulse timer during crafting to better be able to counter events
    MY most wanted request for recipe window is a impulse timer to better be able to counter events while tradeskilling. I have used profit UI for years and the melee/ranged auto attack timer bar is really useful while fighting so a tradeskilling impulse timer would be as useful. Sure the impulses always being 4 seconds apart might sounds easy to just keep track of but that logic can be applied to combat auto attack as well. With dangerous events brought with shawl combine and artisan weapon show the need to keep track of these. Now with experimenting it is also again highlight how important it is to keep track of these. Some combines are difficult to craft and I just can't keep focus for it. I 9 crafts with shawls and all quests done but I haven't been able to complete the difficult shawl combines that are on timer that kill if missbuffed, my husband has done all nine of thus for me. I have really tried and tried but I just can't make it and keep my focus up. A impulse timer such as the auto attack bar would enable me to do such combines myself! It could look like the auto attack bar, be a radical or numbers counting down thus 4 seconds like a stopwatch with timer function.

preview the finished item from recipe book (for stats and not appearance)
    An other thing is when hovering mouse pointer over an icon in tradeskill window a popup window show the recipe with ingredients list etc. I would also want to see a second window that preview the finished item! I'm thinking that if I hover mouse over a recipe I see one window with ingredients and skill requirements and next to it the examine window of that finished product. I think the suggestion to be able to search according to stats such as agility is great but even if a weapon smith can search anything usable by scouts and have agility think might be a quicker way to preview other stars such as delay, what item have most agi/ability modifier etc. As it is now I have to examine each item that my filter presented first to see the recipie window then to examine that window to get to see the stats in the item. in some cases this cause for a lot of clicking

I would like the 90+ class recipe books to be renamed according to what books is called as past levels (essentials/advanced). the new names of to long making parts of the text to not show when I'm marking books in the current recipe filter. If I want to filter our my advanced recipe books for level 86-95 It would be if all where called same name so I don't have to scroll around to look at them!

I would like recipe books to be easier to overview. Like the quest journal I would like to have a drop down menu to choose if I would like to see books sorted by lvl, name or categories. the categories should be like quest journal where I could expand to show all or minimice to just show category names. categories could be class essentials/advanced, live events, quest items or by faction (Such ad Destiny of velius would show thurgadin and rygor armor). in the recipe book list I like to hover over a book to preview a list of what recipes the book include.

A way to search all in game recipes or for other ppl to search my recipe book?
    Also a easier way to search out the recipe for commission crafting or ordering crafts from other. Right now I have made one recipe filter that I independent of crafter can use to show shawl/solstice earing recipes. But in experiences other aren't always as organised. could there be a way to let other ppl look in my recipe book perhaps even show them the recipes I filtered out? convenient for them to be able to compare stats and see what ingredients are needed for it.
    Also some function so that I could target a player and the choose to see recipes that person need for a quest (that I can commission for them) or choose to let the recipe book automatic filter out to only show appropriate recipe for the person, such as what that person can equip.
    Make a function so that recipe book can be used to searched for all recipes in game for all classes. That would enable the everyday adventurer that isn't at all interested in tradeskilling to view and compare what he or she want and have the information to know what crafter to look for. perhaps have a checkbox to toggle "show only recipes I have" show only my (tradeskill) class. Perhaps a person could find recipe by world search, acquire the items needed then look for a crafter.

this is not the tradeskill window directly, but anyways.
    Start a recipe from Quest helper.
    The new quest helper window include now include a box so items needed to be used to update quest can be found directly in quest helper window. Could such function be included for recipes to please? If I need to craft 3 iron daggers and 3 iron sword for a rush order it would be very convenient to just click one of thus two items in quest helper to toggle tradeskill window with that recipe searched.

Name changes so finished item and the recipe has same name.
    Some recipes still has "pristine" in them, also some recipe names isn't same as the finished product. example item \aITEM -1003252277 128294199 0 0 0:[a pristine standard single maple bed]\/a recipe in recipe book is called Standard Single Maple Bed can they please be called the same name and with same capital?

Give recipes to appropriate trade skill class.
    The latest expansions have erased borders that separated tradeskill classes, with research assistant giving traditionally made items to be made by carpenter for example. This continues to cause confusion. The preferred method for me would be to move back recipes such as jewellery to jewellers but doing such so far in would cause even more chaos. I am hoping to future that earrings would be made by jeweller and not carpenter.
    Alienor likes this.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

The only thing I require is the ability to hit enter and restart the same combination. It makes writs so much easier, and this old lady so much less cranky =)
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That reminds me of another idea I had. As lazy as it sounds and as difficult as I imagine it would be to implement, I wish there could be an active quest filter where you only see what recipes a quest is asking for. Scholar writs are the most annoying process because there's so much to scroll through. Anything that could make this easier would be wonderful.
    Pijotre likes this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Mae less cranky = a good for all! :D
  6. Calthine Well-Known Member

Yeah, right now the filters are account specific and I do believed saved locally. It'd be wonderful if they were saved per character. My Provisioner doesn't need my Totems list.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Being able to filter OUT, not just filter in items... basically exclusions as well as inclusions for the filters.
    Tylia likes this.
  8. Deathbecomes Member

Can we get rid of essence of and rune of from alchemist and jeweler respectively? Sage doesn't have scroll of.
    Filtering for quest would be awesome. Being able to use enter to restart and being able to numpad without a click on the ts window without having to mainbar reaction arts.
  9. Guiscard Active Member

I don't use a custom UI and I can use NUMPAD.

They are save locally the filename is e2_recipes_filter. It is text file and you can edit it.
    Calthine likes this.
  10. Prrasha Well-Known Member

"(s" is enough for that, since the search box finds partial words. I use that, and "(e" for expert spells, all the time.
  11. Mysstie Well-Known Member

You can use the numbers on the keypad right now to do the reaction arts. Yes, the TS Window must have focus but that's generally how windows work. Perhaps if the numpad was also not associated with movement that might help. For this to work you'd either have to temporarily disable the numpad from controlling anything else while crafting or have global hotkeys that work only with the TS Window. I do, however, like being able to click outside the TS Window (keeping the current recipe up) and move using the numpad, which is how I move, to walk to a fuel merchant to buy more fuel and then go back to the crafting station and continue crafting.
    Calthine likes this.
  12. Rael Member

Very much this, I would love to be able to look up other recipes whilst still crafting but the only 3rd party UI I found with it wouldn't work.

Is it currently possible to select multiple books that aren't next to each other for a filter? I mean that don't have a category such as the frostfell books which I would love to be able to put all together in their own filter. When I select one section of books and move to one that is further down and select them it de-selects the ones I had. If it is possible could someone tell me how, if not I would love to see it.
    Finora likes this.
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Move the STOP button away from the 6 buttons along the bottom....or just move it over a bit so one doesn't accidentally hit stop while doing a combine. It's just too close to the 6th box on the far right.
  14. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Like everywhere else in windows if you click with ctrl holding down you can select several apart from each other one big block can also be marked by marking the first and marking the last which holding down shift. Windows basics...
  15. Rael Member

Yup that was the first thing I tried, luckily I am well past basics :p doesn't work for whatever reason :(
    Finora likes this.
  16. Deathbecomes Member

At some point in the past I used to be able to do TS writs using numpad enter enter to restart the recipe and continue using numpad without having to use the mouse, but I may have been main hotbar with my reaction arts. Seems to me when they put them on the window was when it changed.
  17. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Works fine for me since years...
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

My wishes:

1) Being able to better add specific recipes that aren't listed right beside each other in the listing to a filter. (The normal windows method has not worked for me in EQ2 in years, default crafting window despite the experiences some are reporting here).

2) Filter by primary component.

3) Having a maximize/minimize ability on the crafting window.

4) Each character has their own seperate filters.
    Rael likes this.
  19. Mysstie Well-Known Member

1 - Doing CTRL-Left Click has always worked for me. I use the default crafting window. I do play full-screen if that makes any difference. Wonder if a mouse driver/settings could affect this or some obscure game setting. Weird. Unless the devs can reproduce your problem on their end I'm not sure if it's anything they can *fix* as it already works that way.

4 - Separate filters for each character makes sense like there are separate UI settings for each character. However, there are some lists I like being global in nature. For example, I have a Tradeskill Apprentice filter (that I made by editing the filter file manually) that has every possible recipe in it (even ones that none of my toons can make). When I select the filter, it will show the ones that particular toon can make. I don't have to continuously update the list each time some toon researches a new recipe.

I'd really like a Mastercrafted filter. Heh, I could see several categories of drop-down filters like the broker has. I'm always looking on the broker first to see what Adornments I can make that will go on a Chest piece. It's much easier than trying to examine items in the recipe interface as you have to do a double examine for every item to see the stats. I think having both the recipe's ingredients and final product stats both appear when hovering would help a lot.
  20. Obram New Member

The ability to have multiple fields checked and some unchecked would be nice. Similar to the way filter works in Excel.

It would be nice is holiday receipes had thier own category/filter