Readdressing Current Conj Issues

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Veta, Mar 22, 2016.

1. kluxor Well-Known Member

Agree 100% with this statement. Every mage thread, even half the scout threads. If he can't get warlocks boosted to be the most powerful on single target and Ae encounters, he'll sure as hell try to make sure he gets there by nerfing down every other class
  2. Brazenthru New Member

I'd just like to point out 98% of the things that are listed here were things Ani spoke out about. This is nothing new.
    Readdressing isn't going to do anything.
    Betraying isn't going to help unless your in dire need of DR.
    This stuff isn't going to get fixed.
    /Thread
  3. Swanga Member

What fights favor a necro?

I have tried to push for so many necro fixes..
  4. Mrmacky Active Member

Do you even play this game.
  5. Lithinor Member

never heard of em
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Here is the tracker addressing the fervor pet/swarmpet problem https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-489

Again: Fervor is NOT transfered to sawarmpets and the 100 fervor of Ire dread is NOT transfered to primary pet, too (This means no effect to EE, soulburn, ...)
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

One of the answers was in the portion you quoted and linked encounters.
  8. Anunnaki Active Member

I found out today that if a chanter were to decide to cast Mimic on the pet, it doesn't get Soulburn nor Elemental Blast. It doesn't get the damage from either of these by putting it on the conjuror either (same with dumbfires). According to Mimic, EB and SB are nobody's damage. Yes, I get that there are better options to put it on, but in my raid, we are very top heavy with summoners, which costs us. This is just another stupid reason to not want to play a summoner.

I <3 this class.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Conjurers and Necromancers always have been a bad choice for mimic.. In best cases you get only 50% copied of the dps
  10. Anunnaki Active Member

Yes, my point was simply that Elemental Blast and Soulburn are pretty significant damage, and that in the case of lacking other strong T1 dps in the raid, maybe throwing it on the pet during these spells could produce decent damage (not to mention that Mimic and EB are on the same timer.) I tried testing that theory, only to see that neither spell is counted in a Mimic, whether it is on the summoner or its pet. It's apparently no ones damage.
  11. Veta Well-Known Member

I was going to test this because I heard before that if a chanter mimic'd your pet they got the damage from Soulburn and Elemental Blast (although, I never tested myself), but then I looked down and remembered I am a necromancer :(. I'll take your word for it :).
  12. Anunnaki Active Member

I always heard the same, but never bothered testing since there always seemed to be better options. Was working on some optimizations yesterday, and decided I would try it out to confirm. Turned my auto attack off, didn't cast any spells and sent the pet in and had the Illy Mimic the pet just casting regularly. Repeated the test except I cast Soulburn and Elemental Blast during the mimic period. The Mimic's were almost identical between the test not casting SB/EB and the test casting them both.

You could always test with just Soulburn to verify.
  13. Veta Well-Known Member

That is a lot of work to be reminded that I am a worse mimic target than I originally thought. :(
  14. Anunnaki Active Member

You need that constant reminder so you can be motivated to be as whiny as I am. Maybe something will get fixed then.
    Ratitz likes this.