Readdressing Current Conj Issues

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Veta, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

I am just wanting to readdress the current conjuror issues in game. Some of these issues have been around for a while without any changes to them. Please, do not derail the thread. If you have some questions or suggestions on why something may be considered "overpowering," then I will be more than happy to test any theories and provide the data from said tests.

Abilities:
    Some of the conjuror's abilities have been outdated or not scaling as appropriately with how they should be. They are either not functioning to full extent or offering considerably low stats especially with current stat inflation. A select few conjuror abilities could also be improved to help the class when it is in the position that the class would be considered weakest, i.e., multi-target encounters.

Sacrifice:
    This ability would be the easiest to fix. With my current stats, it is going to provide 36,236 health and 9,663 power to the group in 3 applications, in a 16 second duration, 1 Initial hit and 2 ticks (every 8seconds after cast). The current issue with this ability is that it does not apply critically. With current health pools, being anywhere from 2 million to 6 million easily, depending on who is in the group, this ability is severely lacking.

Antagonize VIII:
    I think the easiest thing to do with this offensive stance would be to just add 5 fervor to it like the scout offensive stances. The fervor would only apply to the primary pet, not swarms or myself, and might (I am not saying it will) be what the pet needs to make the stance more "offensive" than the defensive stance.

Plane Shift:
    This is not really a "go time" ability anymore like it used to be. The "greatly increases maximum health" portion is only increasing pet hp by up to ~30,000 max and that is only while the earthen avatar buff is in place. The maximum hp increases for other pets are a lot lower. The procs that were added to this ability are not that useful. As I had posted parses for the procs in a recent thread, these procs are very lackluster. My suggested fix for this would just to be to add 5 fervor to it like scout offensive stances. The fervor would only apply to the primary pet, not swarms or myself, and would make the ability always useful, unless there is some sort of fervor capping gear in the future. Fervor will always scale because its a final modifier for abilities.

Communion:
    As I had posted recently in a previous thread, this ability does not trigger any items or procs when applied. My only suggestion would be to change the ability to trigger items/procs on application to the encounter, since it is an encounter based ability.

Shattered Earth:
    In order to improve the use of our greens, I feel like there is a fairly simple fix for this. Periodic mastery, as it states "the conjuror's damage over time effects deal additional damage," should affect Shattered Earth. Shattered earth is a damage over time affect, similar to pandemic, but definitely not as strong.

Items:
    The only item that is extremely strong at the moment, which seems to be lacking for conjurors the most, is the mythical hammer: Ire-Dread, the Undead Devourer. It does reset almost everything for conjurors, except a few abilities like group stoneskins.

The issue with the hammer is that it does not pet share, which is a big issue for conjurors. The only abilities that the fervor applies to for us are our blues, greens, and single target, non-pet abilities. Those are a decent amount of abilities, but also our weakest abilities. Conjuror green back abilities have always been some of the weakest green abilities in game. They are simply used just to stack planar wrack hits. I can see where our blue abilities will be decent with the fervor proc. Our single target abilities, like our green abilities are not that great either. Even with fervor, the single target abilities would still be weaker than other abilities that the hammer would otherwise reset.
    Beee, Skulls, Dotuming and 4 others like this.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

[IMG]

These are the two Scout pet utility from summoners. Necro on the left, Conjy on the right. Necro gets a useful dehate, and a damage absorb (though, we don't have a regular Necro, so I can't speak to how often this works.) Conjy get's In-Combat health and power regeneration (really?) and Max Health by 1102 (with health pools that are 2-6 million.) There is no balance here, the Conjy one might as well not exist and the Necro brings useful utility.

Ideally, the Conjy would get something as useful as the Necro. If you are set on *what* they bring, you could at least make the Conjy one scale by changing the max health value to a +X% number at a minimum.
    Xillean, Yoube, Skulls and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dotuming Active Member

Its up full time and stacks with the troub's dehate. It is incredibly useful.

Some of my thoughts are shared between summoners but I feel they are important enough to request. While I thank the devs for looking and bringing our pets up to speed, there are still many facets of the summoner class that remain completely broken.

Shared Items:

ETox: Reverse the 33% nerf and double the dehate component. This is definitely not out of line especially for an endline AA ability.

Pet Offensive Stance: This needs to be changed to allow it to increase hp similar to the defensive lvl 14 GM defensive stance or possibly add a small amount of doublecast for the pet.

AA Offensive Onslaught: If the pet offensive stance cannot be changed, this AA ability should be to grant either of the above.

Shockwave: The damage component is underwhelming for both summoner classes.

Teamwork(Agil line): This entire line needs to be reworked. Most things in this line do not work at all and the teamwork endpoint is rather out of date by a few expansions.

Shadowstep: Either change this or fix it. It may port the pet but will not do anything when ported.

Stat sharing: This is priority that needs to be fixed. Not sharing fervor with the pets or swarm pets flat out robs summoners of DPS that any other class has access to with the increase of fervor.

Shards/Hearts: This really really really needs an upgrade....

Conjie specific:

Plane Shift: Agree with veta that this needs an overhaul. Its a class defining spell with a 5 minute reuse timer.

Pet buffs: Change the conjie scout pet buff to something that is at least semi useful in comparison to the necro's.

Fire Seed: Increase the base trigger chance or in the Conjuror tree add 10% per rank to damage in addition to the 2% trigger chance increase.

Sacrifice: Agree with Veta. This needs to crit.

Call of the Hero: A quality of life adjustment request. Make the base reuse 30 seconds.

Flameshield: This needs to be reworked. The damage is non existent.

Overall: Stats sharing full across with our pets is not something that is an extra damage component, this is something that due to our class, we should have full time. We split damage between us and our pets. Other classes do not have to deal with the painful aspects of our classes such as the lovely "Cant see target" issue and are able to generate all their damage along with beneficial buffs such as fervor full time with no issues. Why is it then that the summoner classes are having to keep asking for something that should be a simple thing? If its a coding issue, please let us know, but this is something that really needs to be addressed.

My 2 copper...
    Xillean, Yoube and Skulls like this.
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

I always thought a great way to change shards would be for it to restore a certain % of power, rather than a flat number. For example (these percentages can always be adjusted), Conjuror shard restores 5% of power instantly, Necromancer heart restores 3% instantly and 1% per tick. That way, no matter how high power gets, the shards and hearts will always be relevant because they scale.

Fire seeds compared to the sorcerors' concentration slot buff is rather on par.

In my opinion, changing flameshield is kind of a minor priority, for the damage standpoint. It can only be maintained by one person; if it actually begins to deal significant damage, then people are going to argue who gets to put it on whoever, unless your raid only runs 1 conjuror. This is more troublesome with most encounters only requiring 1 tank.
    Jrel and Yoube like this.
  5. Skulls Member

Here are my thought on the summoner scout buffs:
    1. First I agree the necromancer scout buffs are useful and the conjuror's are a joke, the sad thing is the conjuror scout buffs don't even work. Try this... soulburn your pet on a test dummy or heroic/raid zone and take your pet to its 1 hit point, your pets health will not move, it will stay at 1 hit point forever, until you or healer heals it, ( your pets have NO in combat health or power regen ) OH... but wait your scout pet has group in combat AE power and health regen right, but it doesn't even work on the pet in the group, just horrible. So even though your scout pet is part of your group, even though its providing the in combat regen buff to the group, it has zero, no power or health regeneration, while the necro pets have three personal heals to heal them back to full health. This is the main reason the conjuror pets dies so much more then the necro pet does when using soulburn.
    2. Second as I have posted initially, after the pet changes and buffs were given to the pets, the dehate buff they put on the necro scout pet, IS ON THE WRONG PET! Why would you give the single target pet which is used for named fights ever need a dehate. Any class of tank in the game has no issue holding hate on a single target, even weak or undergeared tanks are great at holding hate or agro on single targets. When most tanks have a problem holding hate or agro is on larger pulls, encounter pulls and AoE fights. Summoners use the mage pet for these fights, common sense alone tells you this is where the dehate buff needs to be, (not on the scout pet where its never needed and is useless there).
    3. Lastly why the hell is the necro getting even more stoneskins on their pet buff. The necro has heals the conjuror has stoneskins, you keep giving the necro AA stoneskins for their primary pet and scout pet buff stoneskins for the group and group 5% magic DR from their character AA tree, so necro gets heals, damage reduction and stoneskins. The conjuror only gets crappy stoneskins, when do we also get some additional damage reduction and some small heals tied to our pets damage casting, fixing sacrifice and flameshield to crit would be a good start to fixing unbalance issues and broken mechanics on the conjuror class.

Finally The conjuror needs the dehate buff on its pets (but please put it on the correct pet the mage pet), just as much as the necromancer class does because we send so much more damage through our pets then the necro does. Yes we both soulburn the pets, but the conjuror also sends elemental blasts, elemental unity and blazing avatar, which with the relic class cloak has had an increase to its damage through the pets. This is the second reason that conjuror pets die so much more frequently than the necro pets do. I play both summoners everyday, but the necro plays much better and doesn't have these broken issues like the conjuror, they should have their differences, but these are quality of life issues that need to be fixed to make the class fun to play. One more thing can you finally fix winds of velious so it doesn't get greyed out and stuck in Que almost every single day this is the most annoying thing.
    Xillean and Yoube like this.
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

Beee likes this.
  7. Dotuming Active Member

Its just that if your tank is an avoidance tank, the lack of hits renders flameshield useless.
  8. Anunnaki Active Member

I meant I'm not sure how useful the damage absorb is. I know the dehate is a constant so long as the scout pet is out.

My suggested fix for flameshield is to make it a small transfer, similar to the one sorcs get (I believe that is 9%.) It's not a large amount by any means, but it will help the complete lack of hate control that summoners have.
  9. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Since a few Conjs feel the need to shed tears in thread that have nothing to do with them, I'll add my two cents in this one.

Conjs do seem to have a few issues. Plane Shift is one, and Veta's solution makes sense.
    If fervor sharing becomes a thing, the class will need to be watched closely for balance issues.

In addition, from what I've heard, Planar Wrack seems to "snapshot" the fervor that is granted from Ire-Dread, and as a result, it seems to gain permanent 100+ fervor from it, allowing the Conj to generate significant chunks of "sorta passive damage" which may well become overkill if the fervor sharing ever becomes a thing. This is also the same for Graverot on Necros, I believe... However Necros haven't bothered trying to derail my thread so I won't mention anything there.
  10. Dotuming Active Member

Well since we are discussing things, You said the same thing about Etox and it got nerfed into an underwhelming blue for us.
    As far as "sorta" stuff goes isn't that like the extra increments your able to generate from your greens that you shouldn't be able to? Just thought I would ask.

If there is a bug, fix it. Then fix it to add all of our main pet spells to utilize fervor. The damage we lose by not having our fervor is massive in comparison.
  11. Rubick Well-Known Member

Again, you guys ******* started that trend by crying in the wizard thread, so don't give us that ******** like you're just getting back at them. But I guess I can't expect one thread on the mage forum that doesn't have you crying about Warlocks in it. I've never seen anybody whine half as much as you. Its ******* unreal. Believe it or not some people make threads for a purpose other than to give you a platform to cry about how ****** warlocks are.
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

Just for clarification purposes, because I do not fully understand what you are saying. You are saying that once an increment is applied of planar wrack, lets say for instance increment #1, that once more increments are applied, the damage will always be 100% fervor increased?

I am more than happy to test this, yet with the way things are going with the hammer, usually increments fall off by the end of the burst rotation, because of so many abilities being used that do not proc increments.
  13. Anunnaki Active Member

You heard wrong dude.

[IMG]

It's pretty obvious to see the 6 seconds that fervor was applied, but I made red circle around them, ya know to make things easier. I took off as much CC as i could to minimize Myth, Fab, Leg crits, but since the hammer has 200 on it, I was bound to get a few. It's pretty obvious to see that it was only effected during the 6 seconds that the fervor was active.

Try again.

Also, Planar Wrack has literally nothing to do with stat sharing or the pet, so not even sure why you brought that up.
  14. Rubick Well-Known Member

Annunaki please stay on topic. This thread is about what daybreak needs to do to fix warlocks.
    -Soteria- and Anunnaki like this.
  15. Mrmacky Active Member

So mogrim would you like to try one more time?
  16. Dotuming Active Member

A bump...

Also Petrify should have the cast time as 1 second base cast with a 20 second base reuse so we would actually dust it off and put it on our hotbars....
  17. Dotuming Active Member

Also fix the Ire dread fervor to work with pets/swarms...
    Anunnaki likes this.
  18. Dotuming Active Member

Also Veta is a traitor and Macky quit coming over to Majdul to steal my ancients!
  19. Veta Well-Known Member

Once they stop making DR fights that favor the necro far more than conj, I might go back. Hopefully they will have fixed most of these issues by then.
  20. Anunnaki Active Member

Pls. We have 2 in guild now. Both went to Conjurors.