Rays of Disintegration

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Aeralik, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

Just wanted to let the wizards ( well all mages ) know that Rays will be changing soon. Based on past and fan faire feedback, it is not the best spell and definitely not a fun one when you get interrupted by another player while trying to do your own thing. Therefore, I've taken out the group interrupt and forcing other players to cast a spell that they didnt necessarily want to cast. Wizards are already very beneifical to the group so rather than changing it to a proc or something, it will just become a wizard only nuke. As a result, it has a bit more damage, wider variance, and a slightly faster casting time. Hopefully, this will be a nice compromise allowing the group to do what they want while still allowing the wizard to have a nice fire based damage spell.
  2. ARCHIVED-tbkib22 Guest

Really? So because some people who happen to be very vocal yet not smart enough to be able to use an ability that requires a tiny bit of communication to be effective, you are going to take away from mages in general again? I hope you realize that when people are happy with something you generally arent going to get feedback about it, so of course the feedback you have received has been mostly negative. This is not a good change.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Most mages don't even like it in the first place because of the forced cast and the interrupts. Even when there's warning, it annoys people. Most wizards don't even cast it because there's better spells to cast.
    I for one welcome this change!
  4. ARCHIVED-attila Guest

How about change warlok swarm "Acid storm" to spell? couse all swarm in current form is useless. And i think give top dps class, free nuke on 80k(with naiena ring) its not good idea for class ballance.
  5. ARCHIVED-goose1123 Guest

Is the recast going to change or be the same?
  6. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

...Sounds good to me

No more grief for trying to dps! <3
  7. ARCHIVED-ailees Guest

I appreciate, very often I don't use it in raid, because I'm 75% of the time with another sorcerer, warlock or wizard, and they hate being interrupted. The fact that they are right or wrong does not matter, I don't want to upset my friends, then I am happy with the change.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pyreflame Guest

This will be a welcome change! Hopefully the spell being interrupted won't set off the recast too.
  9. ARCHIVED-Haliken Guest

Aww, there goes the best Conjuror nuke!
  10. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Yeah I totally forgot that this spell will now DA like all the others. Sweeeeet!

Although I wont lie, I will miss doing stuff like clicking Rays 1s before someones Call to Guild Hall/Home spell is about to go off.
  11. ARCHIVED-speedycerv Guest

Nice, good to see come positive changes happening to bad skills. Next on the list is the ranger level 80 skill Coverage, right? right? Pretty please? (read the ranger class issues thread if unsure of the issue)
  12. ARCHIVED-unwritenglorykid Guest

Finny@Mistmoore wrote:
    <3 enchanters. FYI an entire ui was made to auto cancel rays, bc so many mages would rather get interupted, cancel rays and then cast what we wanted to originaly then to even cast that spell. thats how horrible and stupid that spell was. yes its good dps for an enchanter and for a summoner if timed right they're cool with it usually. so bc a support class likes a spell, we should screw over dps classes who get their dps lowered due to another class deciding they will cast for us. you're an enchanter, you're utility, know your place and move on. who cares if wizards get another high nuke with najenas ring, they're freaking wizards. they do extremely high single target dps that should always be on top of the parse for any single target mob. get over it.
    personaly, i'd rather they up it another 20k if thats what it took to never be interupted during a good spell for a pos one like rays is.
  13. ARCHIVED-Elfruler Guest

I am not very happy about that change, but how strong would it be? Like Ice comet or Ball of fire? Is there a ballpark number we can get?
  14. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

I for one am happy with this change. In fact if the way aeralik makes things sound, its going to be another good high damage nuke for wizards which in turn can up a wizards single target DPS.
  15. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

For Elf, what are you unhappy about regaurding it? o_O
  16. ARCHIVED-Elfruler Guest

Cause to me, it would be like taking away the SK bloodletter or conjy communion. It seems like most classes have that lvl 80 spell that is is usefull and getting rid of rays sucks. I was actually just talking to someone about this, if they made it stronger than ice comet by a few thousand i wouldnt mind it even if they put a longer timer on it
  17. ARCHIVED-unwritenglorykid Guest

Leafsway@Mistmoore wrote:
    wow, first off the lock 80 spell sucks, 2nd off rays was meh for wizards, good for enchanters, and made other sorcers in grp /afk. thirdly, just wow at the possibility any wizard could be upset that their most hated spell is being changed to a big single target nuke just for themselves
  18. ARCHIVED-Elfruler Guest

if it was a BIG single target nuke i wouldnt mind. But if they make a mid range nuke i would be dissappointed
  19. ARCHIVED-unwritenglorykid Guest

Leafsway@Mistmoore wrote:
    are you a wizard?
  20. ARCHIVED-Elfruler Guest

um, yea. But in big i mean ice comet and midrange i mean Ball of fire