RANGERS Highest Hit Chart

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Gerdos, Aug 27, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

Eh? The bow doesn't matter, except maybe that it's not gray.

The factors involved:

1. CA quality
    2. STR
    3. CA damage modifiers (perfectionist, buffs)
    4. Mob Debuffs
    5. Damage roll
    The biggest variable is probably #4, mob debuffs. The ones with 18500+ probably had a fully debuffed mob (like 2x dispatch or stacked mitigation debuffs of another kind) plus a very high roll on a critical.
    Oddly enough, in tonight's raid I had two 17500+ snipes, but I couldn't get it higher because the mob was only getting debuffed so far.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gerdos Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

Hmm after thinking about it a bit, I think you're right in that 2 dispatches won't stack. Unless they've changed it so they would. (It didn't used to) But you can still stack dispatch + other debuffs if you aren't capped out yet, which would increase how much Snipe hits for.

I stand by the bow not making a difference, or the arrow, at least if they aren't gray. It's easy to test, try a fight without auto-attack and try a level 1 bow and tin arrows. :)

Maybe somebody has a different experience, though.

I'm "Jayad" on the list on Nektulos. Although, my 17.5k hits didn't beat my top one so far. Since I don't raid much with my Ranger anymore, I don't really expect to beat it except if I get lucky.
  4. ARCHIVED-schlamo Guest

Djax, Runnyeye
  5. ARCHIVED-Merkades Guest

Since I see a new line of thinking on hitting high hits, and just had two tonight, I will post my thoughts on it.

Bow and Arrow Quality don't matter. I just hit 18,957 on the Slavering Alzid, then 19,077 on Pardas Predd with a Grizzfazzle bow and Adamantine Arrows. Which, unless someone has recently made a higher hit, makes me highest on Najena, and 5th highest Ranger in game. (at least known)

I wish we could have some luck and a better bow would drop, but what can you do? It is disgusting how many times I see other folks with said bows and I am chilling with **** ones :p

I do have a master of Sniper Shot and Perfectionist, and usually maxxed str when in any group (438str solo)

Anyways, a screenshot from tonight as proof of what I said. And further checking of my profile will show my gear/new high hit when it is updated.

[IMG]

Click to enlarge.

Merkades, 70th Ranger.
    Siege, Najena.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gerdos Guest

/Updated
    what are you doing grouped with Ugga?? Are you guys doing Labs with a single group?
  7. ARCHIVED-Merkades Guest

Heh, Ugga was kinda pre occupied for a bit and not the MT for that run. And it is Labs, so it is not like anyone is really that concerned about efficiency. Originally though, it was Nissen a Berserker who was in Ugga's slot. That, and Ugga really wanted to play dps with that crab baton that everyone makes fun of him for. (that twirling is quite amusing...)

Minor edit. I don't know that labs can be done single grouped, but we are not exactly the most uber guild on our server. Our best is doing labs with three healers (though still 22-23 people). This was a more or less normal run sans Ugga not being the MT.

Merkades, 70th Ranger.
    Siege, Najena.
    Message Edited by Merkades on 09-06-2006 09:59 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Vindictives Guest

Depends on your AA, timing, crits, and stats :)
    anyone notice that the top rangers with the HH all have the STR AA lines?
    I dont use the str line, but its still a decent hit :smileyindifferent:
    Dahok 16,269 Heroes Fate Everfrost

Message Edited by Vindictives on 09-06-2006 11:38 PM
    Message Edited by Vindictives on 09-08-2006 02:18 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

So Merkades, taking my high hit spot are you? I see how you are, gonna have to get competitive now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Darkzman Guest

The Bazzar 18,600
    Jaczz Guild ES
  11. ARCHIVED-Ssindain Guest

I upped mine by 21 points :smileytongue: - 18,986

The devs said a while back that not all ancient teachings skills were going to get a new skill in the line, I really hope Sniper's Shot is one that does get upgraded in the next expansion that raises the level cap.
  12. ARCHIVED-Asismii Guest

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer_rankings.vm?characterId=297270201

asismii -trg

no trouble to tell who went with the strength line here =-P not me though
  13. ARCHIVED-Tobann Guest

Im a 70 Ranger with adept 3 CA,and my highest hit is 13,000. Id like to know how a level 59 assassin on my server Befallen has a high hit of 89,000? What gives. No rangers in the top 20 it seems and Ive never heard of a ranger hitting above 50k, though it may happen.

Buaf 70 Ranger Befallen
  14. ARCHIVED-Prandtl Guest

They would get those rediculous hits by dueling a lowbie and fully debuffing them. Definitely not legit
  15. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

those super high hits are rare Heroic ops

which currently to my knowledge.. no HO in the game uses the bow symbol.. so we will never... ever... get a high hit like that till they do.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hexus Guest

Hexor 16,632 Valor Kithicor

Name is Hexus, don't know why it's showing Hexor...
    I only have Adept 3 Sniper shot, and a Legendary Bow.. $@#%^$$[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] you TARINAX!

Thanks for this.

Hexus Lupis
    Valor - Kithicor
    Message Edited by Hexus on 10-04-2006 02:12 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Lotusd Guest

Sad thing is, the assasin in the raid will normally do a 20K blow regularly on a raid...
    Please Unnerf Rangers
  18. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

so?
    our sniping shot hits are overrated anyway... how much DPS does those 16k hits give ya anyway, have you counted? ;)
    (i mean dmg / CA as per using it [15 mins, doh])
    ++Xan
  19. ARCHIVED-Asismii Guest

with such a long casting time it kills its dps dramatically

decap... 0.5s (?) cast ~20k dmg
    ss... 5s(3.7s) cast ~9500 dmg
  20. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

yah, and that too... the casting time of SS sucks :(

++Xan