Rangers & AoM??

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by GothOne, Aug 23, 2014.

1. GothOne New Member

Thanks for the feed back. Here are some of the reasons for my choices and mistakes. The earrings do stack which will increase my flurry by 15%. The necklace gives me 556 agility and stamina which is a sizeable sum and as agility is meant to be my main stat I presumed more is better. Ring I agree is useless in a raid but have nothing better at the moment.

The clock and belt I swapped with the cb/pot versions based on advice I was given about making sure my weapons skills were as high as possible and that they should be 2k.

I do need to do a proper reforge as upto now I have tried to balance my stats based on the information I have received and read. Trying to get a balance between dps and other stats.

Neiloch said:
    "Personally I shy away from the WDB gear because predators get a lot of DPS from abilities. getting the no stamina cb/pot/wdb gear is the quickest way to up DPS though, also the quickest way to lower HP hehe. "

I've been trying to get the helm it's more plat than I have on the broker so been doing runs as often as I can but had no luck with the helm yet keep getting plate versions of the gear which doesn't help. My goal with the dreadlord gear is to get helm and gloves which should give me a good overall boost but not kill my HP. In the meantime would you suggest getting potent gear with pot on rather than WDB?? I'm pretty sure I have enough to replace most except chest with other versions of potent gear.

Thanks again! :)
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Even IF the ears are stacking and not simply procing independently with the 2nd rank overwriting the first (both debuffs on the mob doesn't mean they are stacking on you btw) you are looking at about an average of 7-8 flurry due to the duration and proc rate which is terrible for the combined efforts of two procs. I would suggest Fanatic's Stud and Highroller Hoops.

A lot of predators make the mistake of favoring their auto attack stats over ability ones which leads to a lot of wasted potential in DPS. Ranger's haven't been 'lol auto attack dps' since before DoV. You can get it pretty high concentrating on auto attack but your overall DPS will NEVER be as high as it could be while doing so.
  3. Sliceberry Member

I've seen rangers do a **** ton of dps, Just depends on the player and gear.
  4. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Deathfrom, you lost me at warlock....
  5. Droll Active Member

"Procs of the same name USUALLY don't stack barring some oversight/bug, so having supremacy through sacrifice 1 and 2 on your ears is a waste, you want to get rid of the first rank and keep the rank 2 earring."

It takes 2 minutes on a dummy to confirm STS 1 and 2 do indeed stack, I'm happily sitting at 90+ flurry because I have both earings as well.

And the proc rate is hight enough to pretty much keep both active at all times.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

So a bug then. Pretty nice for heroic gear.