Rangers & AoM??

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by GothOne, Aug 23, 2014.

1. GothOne New Member

Anyone know if they are going to make any changes that would put rangers back at the top of DPS tree or make them more advantages to groups and raids? Changes to Archers fury to include Agility etc??

Thanks,

G.
  2. Cisteros Active Member

no one knows anything about any class balancing at all at this point except developers and they are not sharing right now
  3. Xaiveir Active Member

As Cisteros said, they havent said anything about class balancing for the new expansion.

For Rangers right now, we are imho in the best position we have ever been in since launch. DPS wise we are very viable in all content, and I havent heard anyone specifically excluding Rangers like in the past.

Will Rangers ever bee like Dirges/troubs/enchanters where raids or groups need to have us? Nah, and rightfully so.
    Feldon and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah, rangers are far from hurting now. We have a role, we do good dps, and while we aren't the class of the week, we have no reason to complain. I think the devs have us about right, as a class.
    Xaiveir and Xillean like this.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Ranger, Brig, and Sin are probably the three least likely candidates for any scout balancing. Really think Swash and BL should be the only targets for any balancing on our end.

We don't wanna end up like the Fighters now, do we? :p
  6. dingoPboy New Member

Brigands will be getting a update finally id post the last conference if i knew where i seen it, now if they just buff the BL back to some insane DPS like before.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Compared to mage's DPS scouts could use little boost I think. Brigs are probably a little OP considering what utility they bring and the DPS they are capable of. Otherwise its not terribly out of whack, especially compared to pasts xpacs. I do see scouts equipping themselves terribly then complaining about their performance as well.

Concerning scout/mage balance its the same problem it has been for years, mages mostly just need a troub, illy, druid and some other mages in a group to do well on a raid. Scouts need a very specific setup, usually in a fighter group. A 'scout dps' group is basically 5 other members buffing a DPS scout to come close to the numbers 'mage groups' can put out.
    duckster likes this.
  8. GothOne New Member

Ok Where I'm coming from is no one is saying dont take us but surely as a pure dps class we need to be earning our stripes? And with other classes out dps'ing us at every turn( Not quiet what I mean but easiest way of putting it) and bringing group buffs etc leaves us some what out in the cold? I'd like to see and agility buff to Archers Fury at the very least and maybe some form of pet or equiv so that we aren't having to fight players who do very little to get good dps! Also we have to pay for every shot so that should have a dps value added to it??

I could be a poor player of the class but I don't believe that is true but to be substantially behind warlock etc in the parse doesn't seem fair! (2nd on the parse and War doing 100% more dps than me ie double) Their dps cost nothing to them and they put out good dps, also other classes that have pets that put out 50% of their dps without them pressing a key makes our jobs that bit harder?? I dont know where rangers where in the game years ago as I wasn't here!!

thanks,

G.
  9. Jrel Well-Known Member

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I beat our wizards, and necro, and warlock, when I'm in the raid mage group. I don't think our dps is lacking at all. You might need better group buffs, or a better group, or better gear, or better adorns, or a better CA rotation.
  10. GothOne New Member

I'll happily take lessons from anyone willing to teach me!! :) How do I match dps of other classes in same gear and weaponry?? What is it that I may not be doing that other are?? :)
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Just gently gonna leave this here:

Cloth casters are in cloth. Think on that. Rangers, we wear chain. That's our trade off.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Thats another thing, i am surprised how much better rangers do in the mage groups these days. Lots of procs and we actually have some abilities that work off of timewarp. Only downside is I usually don't get EV in a mage group but almost always in one of the tank groups.

Can we get a link of your character profile from u.eq2wire.com ?

That hasn't meant anything for a looooong time except for maybe soloing which should have ZERO impact on overall DPS balance. If on a raid I could take 10 hits when a mage could only take two that might mean something. As it is I can be one shotted just as fast as a mage, maybe even quicker since I have no self wards or stoneskins. Same nonsense when people would cite rangers should do less DPS than other scouts when they can 'range' when to even do DPS worth a damn we would need to be in melee range anyway.
    Xaiveir and Avahlynn like this.
  13. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I don't raid, so I'll bow to you there. I do know in grouping, mages do seem to be more..how to put it...more fragile than my ranger? That might be the difference of raid gear and not, and more pug runs than raid community runs. ~small smile~ I'd love some stoneskin too, who knows, maybe one day we'll get it.
  14. GothOne New Member

Can we get a link of your character profile from u.eq2wire.com ?

you can just look me up same name on splitpaw. I dont want to be flamed I'm doing the best I can with the knowledge I have! I've spent lot of time over the last year or close to it building a reasonable toon based on the information out there! Before then I had never played eq!

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301377372435

To speed things up!

Jrel You said
    "Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I beat our wizards, and necro, and warlock, when I'm in the raid mage group. I don't think our dps is lacking at all."

My question is if you are as good a player as them and in similar gear shouldn't you beat them every time??? They all bring more than dps to the table?? That's what confuses me more than anything else.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

GothOne: No. Casters are in the mage group. The mage group usually does more than the other groups in raid. It is the way the buffs work in that group, and their entire casting synergy. Our wizards can do up to 30% more than our assassin. I'm not sure if they should be doing that much, but it is expected they should be doing a million more or so. Before our raid's main dps group got their act together (or something), I was on par with our assassin. Now he outparses me usually, but I just need a better bow, and then it should be business as usual (I hope). =D

Oh also, post your normal group setup, some raid parses on Names (no zonewides), or an example of your dps compared to others in raid/group.
  16. GothOne New Member

I suppose part of my question is are casters meant to be out dps'ing rangers and if so why?? Surely they should be on a par at best??

I will look at posting them in over the next few raids but it's not only over raids I have noticed the in balance.
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

gear isn't terrible for heroic.

Personally I shy away from the WDB gear because predators get a lot of DPS from abilities. getting the no stamina cb/pot/wdb gear is the quickest way to up DPS though, also the quickest way to lower HP hehe. I would also advise you get the flurry cloak and belt that also have cb and potency on them. Again, predators get more out of their abilities than other scouts. Even rogues prefer the cb/pot/flurry belts and cloaks

Procs of the same name USUALLY don't stack barring some oversight/bug, so having supremacy through sacrifice 1 and 2 on your ears is a waste, you want to get rid of the first rank and keep the rank 2 earring.

neck is pretty bad tbh, want to get one of the various ones that improve CB or potency for their effect.

'Getiar's ring of Dragons' isn't that great either. I imagine its pretty good for advanced solos though. worthless on raids.
    Xaiveir likes this.
  18. Xaiveir Active Member

Im doing a quick look over your gear Goth.

The first thing im noticing, is 3 of your purple armor runes (excluding flurry on shoulders), have 2 DPS adorns, and 1 AE auto adorn. Those all 3 should be the 8% CB adorns. You will see far greater return using that 24% CB added than 50 DPS and 15 AE auto. Obviously this does cause your DPS stat to go down by 50, but on your shoulders you reforged about 50ish DPS into Ability mod. Ability mod is nice, however, I would not lose 24% CB essentially for 3.5k AB. Thats a net negative (big time).

Id look for the cb/pot/flurry belt and cloak as well, instead of just going with the flurry belt and cloak. The 5ish% flurry increase on your belt/cloak is a lower gain than the combined 19.4 crit bonus and potency of the other ones.

Generally speaking, I do not reforge out of DPS stat at all. I let it run its course, and in raids i sit over 1k now with buffs (or very close to) which is the next soft cap for your auto to hit harder. Couple that with higher CB from the aforementioned changes and you just gained quite a bit of DPS.

Just taking a look at your reforging choices, it almost looks like you did it on the fly. A little here, a little there, so its kind of convoluting your stats. For example, you reforge out of DPS, then use DPS as adorns. Then Reforge out of recovery speed back into DPS stat. Then on another piece you reforge Out of recovery speed, into casting speed. Then Out of casting speed into something else.

Imho (and you can take it or leave it, just trying to help). Change your purple adorns mentioned above into CB (keeping flurry in shoulders), change cloaks/belt. Then unforge all of your gear back to their base stats. Then have a plan of what each stat you want to get it to, then reforge as you go. Don't reforge out of DPS (or haste) and set your base levels for what you will reforge out of, and in to. Its going to cost tons of plat, but it will be worth it.

Down the list of priorities is ability mod (again imho). Its a great stat, but not enough to make a conscious effort to take from other important stats. I believe there is a stat breakdown on flames, about how much DPS you are adding per stat increase. Ill look for it, and quote it for you if i have time.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. Xaiveir Active Member

Neiloch beat me to the cloak/belt. Damn you man! =)

I was going to mention that ring as well. Good for solo/heroic bad for raids (no raid you will do over 2% of HP on a shot). Use band of the band if you can get it, until you get a raid one.

Neck needs a BIG upgrade. I like the one out of Dom. Discombobulate ring, get an upgrade from SoS (or raid when you can). Look for the Magnitude purple adorn and overbearing onslaught.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I would not worry over being flamed, sweetie, I've found this board to have a lot of knowledgeable and kind folks. Neiloch repiled to one of my ranger posts and really improved my numbers. It feels vulnerable to lay it all out there and be 'critiqued' as it were, but in the end, no one here has ever been anything but kind to me. ~s~
    Rhodris, Neiloch and Xaiveir like this.