Ranger Epic = Slap In Face

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED--=TG=-Wraith, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

i gues it depends on what server you play on, even the group version will be one of the best bows on a pvp server just because there is no min range. you can stand right on top of the enemy and still cast your ranged attacks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Got the item code for that axion or do I have to assuem its fake before I get my hopes up?

NVM, found it

\aITEM -1764628570 690638045:Eagle's Talon\/a
  3. ARCHIVED-dbmoreland Guest

Yes indeed the Mythical version of Eagle's Talon is the now the best bow in the game by a whopping 11% (DPS wise that is).
    The interesting part is that you will NEVER need to use melee again. You just stand there with your uber bow and just keep shooting as the mob (or player) closes on you doing more and more damage the closer they get.
    At least the Mythical version of our Epic is worth it. Too bad only 10-12 rangers will ever see one. Of course isn't that what Mythical was supposed to be: one and only one of those items per server? Now wouldn't that be a hoot, only the first person on each server to finish the Raid version of each epic quest line gets the Mythical reward?
  4. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

dbmoreland wrote:
    OMG, I haven't laughed so hard in ages, everybody in the office is wondering what I've just read.

Thanks for that !!

Just to add, I think the raw numbers are a bit misleading and the Mythical bow will actually be better than 11% due to its CA and crazy close range procs/buffs. Plus, that DA and crit buff has got to help a bit right ? I'd love to see some parsing, but it's got to be, what, 20% higher than an RSB ? This still means you have uber rangers - 20% DPS > RSB users > everyone else, but boy would I love to get my hands on one of those bows
  5. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well the way it is now, being point blank negates the arrow problems, so thats nice.
  6. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest

I'm actually glad they didn't put a summon lvl80 ammo feature on the epic bow. It would have just taken the pressure off them to fix the broken arrow mechanics and would have made it even longer before we would get an upgrade. As a class we will never be balanced if we have to have a particular weapon to be balanced. The ammo summoning bows of t7 were a huge mistake and did more harm than good to the overall health of the class. The point blank shot feature is pretty neat and i guess were going to have to learn to joust with the other classes...at least until it gets nerfed. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Stile1966 Guest

At this point, it is all water under the bridge, I guess. I give up on rangers ever getting tossed more than an already chewed up bone.

A monk buddy told me that compared to the absolutely best T7 weapon he could get, he figures the monk mythical is 400% better then that T7 fabled (granted, I don't trust his numbers, but he is significantly impressed).

Two guards told me that they can't even begin to figure out how much better the T8 myth is (I would like to hear from some people who can).

I would love to see a compiled list of all the classes and how much more meaningful this mythical is to the best T7 fabled they could get for their class. Maybe that might work as a clue bat? Especially for assassins, since doing the math there is the most straight-forward, and they get all the same poisons- just have to work out what that second hand weapon might be worth.

I look at this bow and think with lvl 77-80 arrows, it would be worth fighting tooth and nail to get it. With 67-70, though... eh? If it provided raid wide buffs or significant mob debuffs, maybe. But giving rangers actual utility to make up for their lack of significantly more DPS then other classes (which is to make up for the fact that we don't have meaningful group-wide, much less raid-wide, buffs) is obviously too much to ever ask, or even hope for.
  8. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

So they want us to fight in a 5 meter range, but coverage needs 20 meters (or whatever) to work.
    I'm so confused.
  9. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

What's the requirement to turn the group (fabled) reward into the raid (mythical) reward - is it instanced raid bosses killed, contested epics killed or Avatars?
    Will the mythical reward be available to the ‘casual raiders' that are able to beat the instanced raids or will it only be available to the guilds that are able to take down the Avatars? If this is the case, and arrows are not fixed then the disparity between the average, raiding and elite ranger just widened by a lot.
    I've fine with this disparity between the Rangers that can get the mythical item and the ones that cannot get it, just as long as the dps difference between rangers and (insert other dps class) with their class fabled version is the same as the difference between rangers and (insert other dps class) with their class mythical version. The thing that I don't want to see is that the dps hierarchy is based on rangers and other dps classes that have their mythical weapons since it does not appear the fabled version of our weapon is not an upgrade to our current T7 raid bow.
  10. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

I believe all kills for the mythical upgrade are instanced.
  11. ARCHIVED-Barakuz Guest

These are for the Guardian Epic Raid Updates
    1. Last named in The Protectors Realm - Imzok
    2. The Overking - Temple of Kor-Sha
    3. tbd - VP ?
    I would love to know which Raid zone bosses are required for the Ranger Mythical Bow
    Regards
    Bara
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodor Guest

Widow mistress, venril sathir, and 2 VP dragons.
  13. ARCHIVED-Corwinus Guest

Confirmed on Innovation server
    The VP Dragons are Phara Dar and Shadow of Khalan Dar the last encounter in VP.
    So, yes, it will take us a while of raiding to get there. But who said it will be easy.
    Cor