RAMPAGE USELESS! PLEASE FIX!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zizar, Apr 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Zizar Guest

If it was considered too powerful as it was, then I understand. But to make it a completely worthless spell AND be on a 1 hour timer?????

Stunning Roar does more damage then rampage does now and its a 1-minute timer.

PLEASE SONY FIX OUR RAMPAGE!

If you agree please get this thread hot so we can get some looks from big brother.
  2. ARCHIVED-bathory610 Guest

lol i just knew they would "fix" it, which means making worthless, i know this sounds unfair, but it really seems like the devs dont play the classes they fix. becuase if they saw this atrocity of a skill they would have done something with it.
  3. ARCHIVED-JBoot Guest

I think they do play the classes they have designed.

However, seems they don't play too much. Otherwise they would notice immediately that rampage has already been nerfed to totally useless.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zizar Guest

It now reads:

Rampage (1 hour recast)

Casts Rampaging Blow on caster. On a successful attack this spell will:
    -Inflict 145-242 damage on target encounter.

compare to Stunning Roar (1 minute recast)

- Inflict 248-413 damage on target encounter.
    -Stuns encounter

100% GARBAGE SPELL NOW!

i mean even reads that on a successful attack, which means you can actually miss, as I did when I just cast it.
  5. ARCHIVED-VonSteinan Guest

Does rampage have a duration??? ie... will it proc every time you hit for so long???
  6. ARCHIVED-Dulbecco Guest

Rampage was changed to a single AE attack with a 1 hour recast timer?

That's outrageous. I thought they were only going to change it so that it was a proc buff with a fixed duration, but that the procs didn't have a chance to trigger the proc themselves...

If this is true, this needs attention as it's like getting an AE HT but with tiny damage and twice the recast - if you remember to cast it at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-Telaris Guest

Totally useless, I even got, some message about No Eligible Target and it didnt do any damage.
    OMG... Please fix this....
  8. ARCHIVED-Ralluwen Guest

For me personally, this isn't so bad a nerf, I never new the spell as I am only level 38, but what really tears me is that as the only berserker in my guild, and a player that didn't power level my way to 50 in a month like some of my guildmates did, I was never able to use this spell as it was to help my guild as it was probably used by several guilds. I feel like I have personally deprived my guild of something now, a skill they could have used.

But I know how you who have used it feel, the same way (very possibly even more) the way I felt after Bloodlust was nerfed, when I got it, and then the adept an hour later and used it, I was nearly brought to tears of joy, I was nearly brought to tears again when it was nerfed, tears of sorrow.

This nerf basically scoops out a big part of what it is to be a berserker, dumps it on the ground and *$%#&!s on it.

To bad I wasn't a crafter, this patch might have actually been decent...
  9. ARCHIVED-Ralluwen Guest

I can't seem to edit my post (not sure if you can), so i have to reply, I used the singular when I should have used the universal...

Every nerf basically scoops out a big part of what it is to be a berserker, dumps it on the ground and *$%#&!s on it
  10. ARCHIVED-JBoot Guest

To edit your article, click the Options selection menu at top right corner of your article and select "Edit Message".
    Message Edited by JBoot on 04-06-2005 04:17 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-AlienRok Guest

Just watching and waiting to see what happens to it. Part of me says this will be corrected...they can't possibly think this is what they intended for the ability. Another part of me says that they don't care, as long as the art that trivialized our raid encounters is no longer doing what it once did....then their job is done here.
    Ya I figured the fix was like many of you expected....a short duration proc buff that had the chance to damage all mobs in an encounter....each time you hit them with your weapon...until it wore off. No chain procing or snowball effect anymore....and frankly I was taking that pretty well. But this? Come on devs...did you really think we'd accept this fix? Or did you not test it first? Which is likely the case.
    That little voice that keeps telling me to stick around for the first real expansion, maybe a new level cap and more cool combat arts is starting to lose the battle over what game I play lol. Hey at least my visual flame effect and my prismatic 2 hander look **** on the docks in EFP right? Cool. o_O
  12. ARCHIVED-Ralluwen Guest

Guess it doesn't work with Firefox, or maybe just mine...
  13. ARCHIVED-bathory610 Guest

i agree i jus keep holding on to that expansion idea to justify sticking around hehe. funny u mentioned that
  14. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Thanks sony for nerfing another skill to death... at first i thought the Tides of War nerf was a fluke but i was wrong..... ( as of patch #6 it is still the same ) now they nerfed ANY attacks that were proc based.... RAMPAGE is useless now.... the **** didnt even go off for me at all today... 3 tries and nothing....

Controlled rage still doesnt stack.....

Hold the Line was nerfed......

SoE what is your problem? Is this how you make everything better?

Are you stupid or just mentally challanged?

Sony LET US REROLL ANOTHER CLASS TO 50 THEN IF YOU INTEND ON GIMPING THE BERSERKER CLASS SOMEMORE.... YOU ARE GOING TO FAR WITH YOUR "BALANCE"
  15. ARCHIVED-Deeds Guest

Agree, this was a sad day for me. Rampage got "fixed" and it seems like all the Procs are just less effective on me and my Fury, dps seems to be down after this patch. Think its time to take a break for a while till SOE figures out what they are doing.
    Braxus 50 Berserker
    Sophilia 49 Fury
  16. ARCHIVED-Mazrin Guest

Man this hurts to see, I'm almost lvl 40 (yeah, still kinda far from 50) and I was really looking forward to rampage. SOE definitely needs to fix something, if stunning roar does more damage than our lvl 50 skill somethin is definitely up... possibly the dev working on berzerkers was high?
  17. ARCHIVED-Mielx Guest

What a joke.
    SOE must increase the duration and decrease the reuse timer.
  18. ARCHIVED-LauraG Guest

Not only that is "fixed", but is bugged too.

Tried it a few times today, all i got is no eligible target, and didnt do anything.

NOT 1 POINT OF DAMAGE! NADA !!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Skizzex Guest

Never did any damage for me, even though it said it was working. Sad day for zerkers everywhere :smileysad:
  20. ARCHIVED-Caufield Guest

Sad day for Zekers everywhere our greatest asset is now completely worthless. I as well have gottent he same no eliglble target msg and have had other problems with it hitting nothing. I really was not that overpowered before since it had a one hour recast timer. Time to remove another skill from the hot bar.

Davinci
    lvl 50 bezerker
    officer/patron vagabons