RAMPAGE USELESS! PLEASE FIX!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zizar, Apr 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Zizar Guest

yeah the few times i've tried using i get ZERO damage from it.
  2. ARCHIVED-eqaddixx Guest

Yah I was in fear last night and we got a few adds and the group looked to me to save our sorry ***** by using rampage to beat them all down. I always keep rampage up now in case of a situation like this because of the long recast timer. But oh well, ineligable target and crap, and I didn't do anymore damage than usual. Luckily we didn't wipe, but I did look like a *$%#&! when my group depended on me to do something that I usually do in that type of situation.

I hope they fix this skill, I can live with the other ones being broken, I have made it this far, but rampage was just fun to use and now that fun is gone. I am hanging onto this game by a thread also waiting for that great expansion with a level increase, I sure hope I make it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Telaris Guest

It makes me laugh when other classes post on the Berserker Board about our skills.....

Rampage used to be fun once an hour to cause mass damage, great, ONCE AN HOUR... Now if you want to make it so it does direct damage, great, reduce the timer (5 minutes) and increase the duration to 30 seconds and on every hit have it proc DD to the mob (preferably AE) but even single will work.

I have two level 50 chracacters already so dont tell me go level another one...that does not cut it for me...

Stop nerfing or breaking our skill!
  5. ARCHIVED-WolfbaneEQ2 Guest

Please fix this ASAP, I have posted on the spell and combat arts thread on Rampage to voice my opinion. I have been working towards lvl 50 for the purpose of getting our epic skill that defines our class....And the only one that truly defines a Berserker....PLEASE fix, I am lvl 40 and on the last stretch to my skill and why I have been playing and working hard to get there. I love the game, please don't ruin it for me.

Wolf
  6. ARCHIVED-LauraG Guest

When an spell or art is so powerful it causes entire guilds to base their tactics on that one ability, it's overpowered. When it has the capability to neutralize most of the challenge of an epic raid, it needs to be changed.
    We don't want to take people's fun away, or nerf abilities that you feel define your role. However, in this case, as with the stifle that Inquisitors had, it was simply something that was so dominant that it had to be changed.
    Please keep in mind that Rampage isn't the only ability affected by this; there is a long list in the update notes. The fact that some abilities could chain-trigger additional attacks that in turn triggered more and more attacks was not intentional and has been fixed across the board. While Berserkers were not intentionally singled out, they had probably the most visible example of the massive damage caused by this issue.
    Not everyone used this ability or others like it to trivialize content, but it was used that way regularly. Again, we don't want to take fun things out of the game, but the chain-proc effect had to go.
    ===========================
    Moorgard
    EverQuest II Community Guy
    ===========================================================================================

BAsicaly, what this moron is saying is *$%#&! YOU all, you used a skill WE broke and now we taking it away COMPLETLY.
    It seems they dont even want to aknowledge that the skill is bugged, that it does 0 as in ZERO damage as it is.

God i hate morons, even if they have their name in red.
  7. ARCHIVED-HighKing Guest

Yep agreed with above poster, doesn't even appear that Moorgard read any part of the thread that he posted that in. Don't think we ever asked for the feedback loop. We had a fun skill, something Berserkers could look forward to at 50. Now, rampage is completely worthless. I hope some of the dev's can actually see how frustrated the community is. I liked one of the previous comments; that the people making these fixes are completely ignorant of the class they're *fixing* Absolutely seems to be the case here. Nothing to shoot for in getting 50 now, I can very easily see where people wouldn't even want to play.
    Message Edited by HighKing on 04-07-2005 01:34 PM
    Message Edited by HighKing on 04-07-2005 01:37 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-bathory610 Guest

I think the berserker community is feeling kinda put out becuase it seems yall have taken and taken away from us and never really gave anything in return, aside from fixing our spells, which after the latest patch remain broken in new ways, these things are expected, a friend used to tell me u shouldnt be rewarded for things that ur supposed to do anyway, with that in mind like i said above it just seems like take take take.

And the moorgard comment i would have rather him say nothing than blatantly ignore what we were complaining about, and if he didnt, he sure acted like it because he didnt mention a single issue we actually had about it.

Its broken. not nerfed, and even if they made it hit 100 percent of time and reduced the spell timer to 1min it would still be a slap in the face because we have that skill its called stunning cry.

Message Edited by bathory610 on 04-07-2005 01:42 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Deterence Guest

This is my first post on any forum, so please forgive any items that may be considered inappropriate.
    I have a short story.
    I and my wife have been playing EQ2 since release. I was an EQ1 player before this. I started while I was deployed (military) and my wife was still here in the states. We played as a means of communication and to spend time together being 3000 miles apart. EQ, by the time we started playing, had about "fixed" everything that it could fix. After about year 4 of EQ being live, SOE started giving players back some things that made the game fun. They had to, The market was growing to include a rash of new MMORPG's and SOE had to stay competitive.
    I now have a level 25 zerker, my wife a 25 fury. We enjoy playing after we put our 4 kids to bed as a means of spending time together that is affordable to compete with spending 5$ a movie rental. However, It has now taken about 6 months for us to get to level 25. The reason?
    After every large patch like this one we used to start a new character. I now have 10 characters in their teens or higher. But lately we get so discusted that we play either EQ1, planetside, or SWG. However, SOE is SOE is SOE. EQ, planetside, EQ2, or SWG it is all the same. You play a character, input your personality into that toon so that you get to know someone by the way they act on the game. SOE continues to fix and balence games that don't have bugs, they have swarms. No other industry takes a product that is so flawed, ignores public opinion, tests just to see if the mechanics of the "fix" work, and impliment immediately.
    As a consumer, this is my response. I have cancelled billing on both mine and my wife's accounts to run out in the middle of this month. We are taking a month off of the games entirely. Is playing still fun? Sure it is, or I would have not been on as long as I have been. I have children in preschool younger than EQ characters.
    I may be back. I am going to try WoW tho. Since it has been released I am told that the "fixes" have not really affected the gameplay at all. My wife and I hope to see everyone on a repaired EQ2 at some point, but until we can settle on a character to play that stays consistantly fun and does not have abilities taken that were never intended to be that way in the first place, we will be elsewhere. How does a game release with mechanics that were tested before release and found to be working properly, reach release without knowledge of the very people who had the vision in the first place as "not what was intended"?
    Maybe it is time for new management.
  10. ARCHIVED-JBoot Guest

I think Deterence has a valid point.
    It's just disheartening to hear that a class's end game ability is not intended, and it has been almost half a year now since release.
    Where is the quality control department?
    Or there isn't any quality control at all?

Message Edited by JBoot on 04-07-2005 07:30 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-LauraG Guest

You can see all that from this guy response.

Look at what he is writing, he is like EXPLODING of joy for punishing us for playing a skill they didnt know to make in the first
    place.

Was it overpowered? Sure it was...look at this forum, a few weeks ago. Most of us agreed that it was and needed to be changed.

And what did they do? They went ahead and took it completly out of the game. No fix..is just out. You activate it, you get a

message no eligible target, and it wears off. 0 ( ZERO ) damage. A lv 50 skill that was on a 1 hour timer.

We come here, make a post about how the skill is broken, we dont even complain about the nerf, all we ask is for a fix.

And what does this guy do?

He comes here and practicaly laugh in our faces.

" SCREW YOU FOR USING A SKILL WE HAD NO IDEA HOW TO MAKE FROM THE START. WE ARE TAKING IT OUT OF THE GAME AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. HA HA "

This is what i read from his post. We ask for a fix and he doesnt even have the courtosy to admit that there might be a problem with the skill.

"It does zero damage? This is how we punish you for using it before. We intend this skill to do zero damage every hour"

Message Edited by LauraG on 04-07-2005 09:28 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Spaceweed Guest

That is a sad, sad story.
    I love this game, but this has pretty much summed up the way I am feeling at the moment. There are stealth nerfs going in all the time - don't tell me there aren't, because I know my character.
    I look at him now, and he is not the same - he feels different and plays different. He is a shadow of his former self, and it is very disheartening.
    Who is the lead designer of the Berserker class? I would like this person to come on here and explain to us exactly what the f*** they think they are doing - do you want us all to play another class or something, or maybe just quit the game and play something else?
    Every class board should have input from their relevant designers on a reglular basis. If they explained what they were trying to achieve and the reasons behind 'adjustments', maybe we would have a better understanding of the situation and give them some leeway.
    Letting us stew in our bickering threads is not the way to go, 'SOE' - practise what you preach! With all due respect, comments from Blackguard/Moorguard are not enough - they are community guys <and good ones>, not designers. Only people with a complete understanding of the class, can convey the relevant information needed to someone who spends a lot of leisure time playing a particular char.
  13. ARCHIVED-AlienRok Guest

After reading that reply from Moorgard all I can really come up with is a fire drill scenario. Honestly, if you really try to put yourself in their shoes about this, and understanding that rampage did need to be toned down (we should all agree on that) they made a hasty change. The upsetting part is that they made a change and didn't test it, there's no denying that claim. Unless the method to trigger rampage has been changed, the art is certainly broken.

Sony has been burnt in the past by various exploits and makes every effort to neutralize them as they are discovered. Game integrity is high on their priority list and that's promising. Break neck coding changes are unsatisfactory if implemented without testing. Making a hasty repair to eliminate any further unexpected game progression on our part, is self preservation and I can understand that need. Pumping out garbage updates to save yourself, and disregarding any quality assurance protocol what so ever, is something I don't understand. You're being paid to entertain me, do it right.

Doing it right requires you to fix all our broken arts, but I'm not that optimistic so fixing rampage would be a good start. Why not reset the art back to 36 sec duration, that grants an encounter area of effect direct damage proc that's triggered by each successful melee round delivered by the player. This would also require coding the art so that no other arts could be activated while rampage is active, otherwise you'll have people using pbaoe arts and other encounter based ae arts to increase the amount of proc returns. Code it like hunker down if that makes it any clearer, so that the only melee rounds that cause an encounter ae are the auto melee rounds. Also, is 10-15 mins on the recycle timer too much to ask? Devastation is what...5 second recast? I could be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure it can be chain casted.

Again, I know this fix isn't what you guys had in mind, it just didn't get implemented correctly and I'm sure you intend to correct the problem. Please don't wait a month to do it.

Tell ya what, use the idea listed above and I'll personally start a thread about "How much I love Sony".....
  14. ARCHIVED-DaranHB Guest

I'd just like a mission statement for each class, basically where they are going and what they're eyeballing as 'in need of fixing'. And I don't mean some half hearted, diplomatic blah blah, I mean an honest 'We are working on points A, B, C, D' and for gods sake guys, I understand the business side of this, and I understand why you had to release the product in time for the christmas season when it wasn't done yet, but please please please, at least use the test server to Test out the changes before they go live.

On a side note, my boss once gave me a great bit of advice when it comes to customer service, "People don't always want a resolution right away, but they at least want some recognition that their problem is being looked at. That someone out there has seen and recognized their problem"

I'm not saying weekly status updates are needed YET, but some more information on upcoming changes and plans for fixes would do wonders for keeping your customer base (and your paychecks) intact.

I know they wont respond to this message, and I know that they wont aknowledge if they did or not anyway, but hopefully that bit of advice from my boss can give them a moment to realize what they are doing wrong.
  15. ARCHIVED-eqaddixx Guest

Quality Control? ROFL That is some funny stuff. They patch stuff in on test server and don't even have enough time to test it let alone QC it before it hits the LIVE servers. Everything is pushed out to us so fast it is sick.
  16. ARCHIVED-JBoot Guest

Let's keep ranting until this issue is resolved!
    Fix our Rampage!
    Do whatever it was originally designed to do!
    1) Trigger an AOE attack whenever you hit a target!
    2) Reset reuse timer to the original 1.5 min timer!
  17. ARCHIVED-JBoot Guest

Lets keep this thread alive!

Keep ranting until this issue is resolved!
  18. ARCHIVED-eqaddixx Guest

The above is a little extreme and will never happen, hence the nerf in the first place. I would like the AOE attack whenever you hit a target but with a 15 minute timer, and it should last 30 seconds or so. That is not very over powering at all IMO.
  19. ARCHIVED-bathory610 Guest

For everyone to be happy rampage would have to do quite a bit of overall damage, and i dont think they are willing to give us an inch in that department..............looking back on all the nerfs..............
  20. ARCHIVED-Lord Nemesis Guest

I haven't tried it on mobs yet, just turned 50 last night... but you can cast rampage on yourself (target yourself), and the buff sticks.

Gonna go out now and see if i Procs.