Raiding Armor Drops and Patterns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Jhen Ro, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Luciar Active Member

Thanks for the update Gninja!

It was pretty clear to me, but nonetheless here it is:

All Tier Raid Accessories (non-armor): Drop directly off raid mobs. Loot and equip.

T1 Raid Armor: Drop directly off raid mobs. Unpack as usual to receive a piece of gear.

T2 Raid Armor: Purchase from T2 gear NPC with a dropped armor pattern from T2 boss, required gem*, and platinum. You MUST have killed all T1 bosses to be able to purchase a piece of T2 Gear.

T3 Raid Armor: Purchase from T3 gear NPC with a dropped armor pattern from T3 boss, T2 equivalent armor piece, required gem(s)*, and platinum. Presumably all T2 bosses must be killed.

T4 Raid Armor: Purchase from T4 gear NPC with a dropped armor pattern from T4 boss, T3 equivalent armor piece, required gem(s)*, and platinum. Presumably all T3 bosses must be killed.

*Gems are earned by completing heroic daily/weekly missions. You must upgrade them using your raid weekly reward tokens.

Example:
    I kill all T1 bosses, yay!
    I progress to T2, kill a T2 boss.
    From a T2 boss' chest, I win a Helm slot pattern.
    I am able to purchase a T2 helm using the looted pattern, refined gem, and plat.
    I progress to T3, kill a T3 boss
    From a T3 boss' chest I win a helm slot pattern.
    I am able to purchase a T3 helm using the dropped pattern, pre-owned T2 helm, refined gem, and plat.

Other scenario:

I win a T3 leg pattern, but do not yet own a T2 leg armor piece.
    I am unable to buy a T3 leg armor piece until I own a T2 leg armor piece.

Alts:
    On my main I have unlocked (purchased) T2 legs, T3 legs, T4 legs.
    I can buy T2 legs or T3 legs or T4 legs without any requirements (other than plat, I presume)
  2. Vulnere Active Member

So.. you can buy a T2 slot/armor piece, by virtue of killing all T1 bosses,
    even though you never got a T1 slot/armor piece?

But you can't buy a T3 slot/armor piece, unless you have a T2 slot/armor piece?
    That's what gninja seems to have said, and that seems wacky.

What about if I haven't killed all T1 bosses yet.. but I did loot a T1 boot on my main.
    Can my alt buy a T1 boot?

This was not addressed.

What if I killed some of the T1 bosses, but didn't finish it.. and move on to T2 bosses..
    it's my understanding that only 75% of the raid has to have finished the previous tier.
    who can buy what?

There is absolutely nothing clear about this.
  3. Luciar Active Member

Correct, if you have looted a T2 armor pattern from a T2 boss and have the required gem currency

The requirement for previous tier items starts at T3. This allows players to gain the resolve for T3 by equipping T2 gear more quickly (because they do not need T1 items to purchase T2). To be blunt, this serves to extend the lifespan/relevance of gear from tiers 2 and 3 and slow the rate of entry of higher tier raid gear, which in turn slows down a guild's ability to progress to harder bosses and higher tiered content. (Extends the play-hours of PoP raid progression)

T1 Gear is not purchased from NPCs and does not unlock for alts. Therefore you are unable to buy T1 gear for your alts. Unlocking for alts begins at T2 and above.

In this scenario you would be unable to purchase any T2 gear from the NPC until you and your guild return and kill the remaining T1 bosses that you are missing. This will happen naturally as zones reset and you start from the beginning.

The 75% requirement you mentioned does not have to do with loot. 75% of the raid must be flagged to enter any given raid zone. You must clear the required content (personally) to unlock the ability to purchase gear for yourself- your access to loot is not affected by other raid members' progress.

It can be typed out and attempted to be explained to you over and over, I did my best, but I think the best way to understand would be to start (or continue) raiding. It might sound complicated but it really isn't that bad.

Hopefully this helped, if not sorry I couldn't explain it better! Maybe someone else can.
  4. Vulnere Active Member

Well you tried. thanks..and I mean that. It's mostly clear now.. if you have it right, which is not
    absolutely certain.

But for me personally, since almost nothing in T1 raids is an improvement, neither I nor my alts can get
    any gear, until my guild completes all T1 bosses, then both I and my alts can suddenly buy T2 gear,
    if I have the gems/plat.

That gives me nothing to look forward to for some time, as we swap beween old raids (Ttrak)
    and POP raiding. It could be months to get a stupid boot, even though I raid 24 hours per month.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Actual I can NOT buy T2 armor for a lv 110 Twink - maybe it's needed to get PoP Timeline , but this would e OK ;)
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

you need the sigline and the 3 factions done on your alt to even buy the orange adorns on the merchant that are unlocked on your account, so i would expect raid armor for alts to be the same.
    Mermut and Beee like this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

5 Greater Tears of Ro seems too chap. Actual I have 1400 of them
  8. Jhen Ro Active Member

Understanding this better now - thank you.

I think having the items show up on the merchants and show requirements would also alleviate the confusion, as a side note. I know it is intended the way it is, but I personally like the see the carrot I'm chasing. Plus, if you mouseover the T1 raid item and it sayd, "Need Achievement T1 Raid Mobs, Destiny in the Planes of Power" and see the cost is one pattern, gems, plat/status - then would be easier for a person to wrap their heads around.

Regardless, thanks again for letting us know Gninja, and to others for helping to clear it up!
    Mermut likes this.
  9. Ashwind Member

I think having to have the previous tier slot before being able to get your T3+T4 armor is one of the worst ideas I have seen this xpac, it will take guilds months to gear up, why not have the requirement of having to have the achievement for killing the mob that drops the pattern ?
  10. SteveB Active Member

Agree, would make things more comfortable to just kill the mob and be able to buy the dropped armor pattern for all that took part in the raid.
  11. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Is the "defeat all tier 1 bosses" flagged account-wide when completed? In other words, when one character meets that requirement, and subsequently wins a T2 (or T3, or T4) armor pattern and buys it, do any alts who want to buy that T2 armor piece still have to defeat all the tier 1 bosses before they can purchase the higher tier items unlocked by the "main" character?
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unlikely that it flags each toon.
    Currently the account is flagged to be able to get INTO raid zones, but individual toons still take increased damage for 'not having killed all previous mobs' even if the account is flagged to get into the zone.
    It shouldn't matter though, based on the last part he said.. once one toon has purchased an item (T2+) alts can buy the item w/o pattern, gem or gear.
  13. olleran Active Member

Just want to clarify one point, if i get an armor pattern and unlock say the mitigation plate, does that mean it thas unlocked all the armor on the pattern, so my scout alt will be able to buy chain non mit armor ?
  14. Vulnere Active Member

I really hope this algorithm can be simplified.
    When apparently a lead developer was also confused, that can't be a good sign.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

My understanding is that you unlock THAT pattern.. so your scout would be able to get the chain armor from whatever pattern you unlocked. in your example, the mit pattern.
  16. Uncle Active Member

i was able to buy t2 helm for my alt with just sigline done
  17. Csipi Active Member

Not confirmed but I think you also need to turn in a shrubbery and a tree cut down with a herring for the T4 armor.
    Vulnere likes this.
  18. Lucus Well-Known Member

guildie confirmed that you don't need T1 raid armor to get the T2 raid armor, so the whole thing might be bogus.
  19. Vulnere Active Member

Well someone said that you just needed to clear all the T1 bosses, then you could get T2 gear.

But all this is as clear as mud right now.
  20. Lucus Well-Known Member

to buy T2 raid armor you need the pattern from T2 raid mobs plus a finely cut gemstone of a specific type (each armor slot uses a different type) on top of needing the plundering the planes (tier 1) achievement to be able to see the armor on the merchant.