Raid Parse Issue?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Suefeo, May 26, 2013.

1. Suefeo Member

Hello:
    I have a really bizzare issue....We have a player at raids who is only casting Soulrot and Vampire Bats and an occasional life burn and constantly parses over 450k..............To the best of my knowledge this is NOT physically possible to be that high on the parse with these 3 spells.....Is there a parse bot or some other cheat that this player could be using ???

Thanks
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

well it's a necro so the pet does some as well. as for anything else you could cheat parses by getting other pet class people to change their pet names all to a single player so all their pets add up. yet with the new pets I can't really see that adding a Great amount. also you would really have to look at times of fights, and current gear. 450k is great...if you are in nothing as a necro. a Geared necro (and by geared I mean endgame) could probably do 450k with 3 buttons pretty easy
  3. Suefeo Member

Well see that is the issue....all the casters are "endgame" geared but if a Conjy pulls the Crystal Blast and Vampire Bat and Soulburn BS then they only parse about 100K...... Besides Illy.....what classes have spell casting enhancements, I really do not think we even had an Illy in the raid this past week.....so I still ponder the thought of a cheat mode ????
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

If he's really "endgame" geared (iow mostly in PoW / HM gears) that sounds about right, well other than he/she's slacking and could do twice as much DPS ;)
    Pet : ~200K dps after the proc nerf, Soulrot 100K+ dps (Soulrot is usualy the #1 spell on necro's parses), Lifeburn : 25K dps maybe (should be much more but if he/she doesn't use Lifetap => no Lifeburn early refresh), Bats : well, no idea as I almost never use it but I guess around 20K dps. Then you have the necro's procs (Lich and Graverot) plus whatever procs he/she'll get from the group/raid, that easily another 100K-150K dps in a "bad" group.

Conclusion : Probably not a cheater but certainly a bad player. (if you're lazy and don't want to push more than 3 buttons, Bats is a terribad choice vs Lifetap, Pandemic or even Bloodcoil.)
  5. Suefeo Member

Let me rephrase this.....when I say "endgame" I mean gear from Harrows End and Sleepers Regular Raid zones....so this "crappy player" would have to be "super buffed" to be pulling 450K parse ???? I watched this player for 45 min the other nite and all they did was cast Soulrot and Vampire Bats.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well 450k didn´t sound that much, we got necros, which do not topendparse, but do around 800k oO he must be slacking some ways, or didn´t know when to press and what to press on the hotbar. Oh, 450k necro, without buffs or? ^^
    (Don´t take that to much into it, as it surely depends on Encounter)
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

You watched them how? Did you actually look at the parse at the end of the night or you just targeted them and only saw soulrot and bats being cast?

I can't even think how someone could "cheat" or "hack" the parse.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There is no way to cheat, as the numbers comes from the server, yes there might be a way, but could be more stress if cought then to have a nice parse to show ^^
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Also, please note, where you stand in relationship to others changes the parse. The numbers that my conjy parses on MY ACT will often be lots higher than those recorded by , say, a scout. That's because the scout is right up close to the mob, and I am as far back as I can get while still unloading on the mob.

Because of that distance, your parse may not include everything the other raider is doing. Stand next to him and run a few parses: you may very well find he's got a lot more going on than you thought.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, ACT pulls data from your local logfiles. The numbers in the log do originate from SOE, but the logfiles are just TXT and could, one supposes, be edited.

However, as I stated before, I think the issue is distance.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is still an option, but the older versions of ACT had an option where each person's DPS was calculated based upon when they engaged the encounter (rather than on the pull - so that giving the tank a second or two to build hate wouldn't hurt the parse of anyone that wasn't filling the tank role). If the newer versions of ACT have this option, and that option was toggled on, that may have also been a factor.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

That option still exists.
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure. I haven't raided since early/mid-SF (and haven't really done much grouping outside of guild since DoV - and we don't get in "parsing contests") so there really wasn't much reason to update/upgrade ACT.
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

The thing is, this person is saying the necros parse is too high for what he apparently is doing. But they don't explain which parse the numbers are being derived from (ie. their own, in which case, they probably aren't editing it to make the necro appear to parse higher) or how they are determining that this necro is only casting those 2-3 particular spells to achieve the numbers it is.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Sorry for off topic. Would u please PM me how to do it if not too much of a bother? Thank you!
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

that is not endgame by any terms. unless you mean HM. either way endgame or not I would think 450k is easy for a 3 button necro/conj, I mean any normal conj/necro does 800k-1.2mil+ depending on gear/group etc.

my conj isn't geared at all basically (a few decent pieces) and pushed 800k without really any buffs going on. all in all I think you are overvaluing what 450k actually is nowadays
  17. Suefeo Member

I mean any normal conj/necro does 800k-1.2mil+ depending on gear/group etc.

my conj isn't geared at all basically (a few decent pieces) and pushed 800k without really any buffs going on. all in all I think you are overvaluing what 450k actually is nowadays

No...not at all...but I would love to hear how you are pulling off 800K dps on an under-geared and unbuffed caster.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

by pushing buttons in an overly simple game
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

I dunno... this whole post comes off as a jealous person that can't parse well and is looking for an excuse why the necro is doing better aside from the necro actually doing its job.
  20. Caela Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I call bull.