Raid Parse Issue?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Suefeo, May 26, 2013.

1. Suefeo Member

ummm no!! not at all.....trying to verify if the gear and the parse totals actually add up
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

You didn't answer any of my questions previously.

1) Who's parse are you getting his dps from?
    2) How are you determining that he's "only" casting the 3 spells you mention?
    3) You watched for 45 minutes, how were you watching in this time?
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well known fact, but as i do understand the starter, his file shows some wired numbers he can´t explain, which then had to be, the other one has controll over another player ^^
    What i wanted to say is, that no one extern can corrupt the data on my system (normaly not, at least not the one in the raid, or i go out and play lotto).
    Btw. reading act correctly is not that easy, sometimes, there numbers of factors that needs to be looked at. (Well ok, in heroic zones it´s pretty simple)
  4. Caela Well-Known Member

I told my guild group last night I was lazy since I didn't parse 800K. ;)

I was consistently between 400K and 500K on most fights - and I tried just casting vampire bats, soulburn and elemental blast (which is probably the conj equivalent - not sure since I don't play a necro) and it was so boring I wanted to gouge my eyes out. But, casting vampire bats every time it was up (every 6 seconds) did seem to increase my dps (but the screeching is annoying) - not up to 800K - but consistently over 400K. I have decent gear, all mastered, etc.

Have I ever done 800K? Probably - very situational though - nothing that I can sustain every fight.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How much damage a summoner puts out is VERY much affected by buffs from Illusionists and Troubs. The caster group gets two casters with the best buffs, the third caster gets the advantage of the group buffs still (Time Warp!) With the tasty buffs, you are a god. Without, you are okay DPS.

I cast Crystal Blast every time it's up. It comes up fast, and cumulative damage adds up. The big nukes like Elemental Blast, Soulburn, Lifeburn aren't up nearly as often and while they do a huge amount of damage, you usually don't get to use it more than a couple of times in a fight.

As a result, a pull on a name usually launches the swarm pets early, then EB and Soulburn (by now a raid tank should have aggro well in hand), then the damage spells in the fight look sorta like this until the big spells refresh:

• Crystal Blast (doubles when Crystalline Destruction is up, so ~15K-30K, plus ability mod)
    • Fiery Annihilation (~20K)
    • Ice Storm (~9K)
    • Crystal Blast
    • Planar Burst
    • Fiery Annihilation
    • Crystal Blast
    • Ice Storm
    • Crystal Blast
    • Fiery Annihilation
    • Planar Burst
    • Crystal Blast
    • Planar Burst
    • Ice Storm
    • Crystal Blast
    • Fiery Annihilation
    • etc.
    Elemental Blast does ~290K, more or less, but it can be 90 long seconds before you get to cast it again. In the interim, you have cast Crystal Blast maybe 10 times, resulting in about the same damage. Don't undervalue Crystal Blast.

EDIT: Also note, Planar Wrack is doing the most DPS of all.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Don't forget about a fury in a casters group with their group primal fury buff and animal form.