PVP Writs = Joke

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Poison-X, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Poison-X Guest

kill 5 good/evil players
    kill 2 exile people (they never leave the cave gg)
    kill 2 random classes

what you get.. 5 WHOLE TOKENS GG

[I cannot control my vocabulary] IS THAT CRAP?
  2. ARCHIVED-Rethaneu Guest

Yup. Venekor is now offically unplayable. How am I supposed to kill a fury and a conjurer? There's one Conjurer on Venekor.

I'm just thankful that a guild betrayed and went exile last week, or we'd never be able to get ANY tokens.

And making the PvP armour cost 400? Thanks. What's the point of that? Why not just merge the bloody servers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pravius Guest

Are you serious thats how they organized it.... I have been away from the game for some time because of being sick and have been looking forward to this update if this is serious I have no ambition to return..... sorry to be so dramatic but that is dumb... especially considering Venekor pop
  4. ARCHIVED-seahawk91 Guest

Poisonx@Nagafen wrote:
    First, I haven't logged in yet to see them for myself so I will take your word on how the writs are designed. (not that I have any reason to believe you weren't right in the first place)
    Kill 9 people and get 5 tokens is not too bad imo. As for the "random" classes I assume they assign you to kill, if you have to kill a rarely played class why can't you just delete the writ and get a new one that might have a better "random" class to kill? Is that possible?
  5. ARCHIVED-Ransagorthemerciless Guest

Make it a certain amount of enemies to kill..not bloody specific class...These writs are completely screwed up.
  6. ARCHIVED-Unfetered Guest

Taear@Venekor wrote:
    Conjy waves
    Seriosuly if it wasnt bad enough on venekor as it is, but these writs need renaming on vene to <free pvp freep gank squad writs> because that is who they benefit... on venekor that is.
    Bad idea, badly implemented and potentially pvp destroying.
  7. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

If you think Venekor is unplayable now just look at Vox. Some classes just don't come out and pvp. I got to find a guardian. I could solo and get 5 or 6 tokens a day on Vox but now I will be lucky to pull in 5 tokens a week.
  8. ARCHIVED-Taldier Guest

Is this accurate?? This is what soe came up with for pvp writs??
    Not only do they require you to kill specific people but they involve such a small number of kills that we constantly have to go back to get another writ?? Can I atleast keep deleting the writ until it gives me one that involves killing some class Im actually likely to find in a reasonable amount of time? ****.
    Damn soe, just give me a writ that says "kill 100 enemies" and then reward some tokens....how hard would that be.
    This was probably the change I was most looking forward to..../sigh
  9. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Dont worry yall, THIS IS JUST THE BETA.
    and you know it
  10. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

did they remove tokens for non-writ kills?
  11. ARCHIVED-Hawtee Guest

Poisonx@Nagafen wrote:
    all the cries for pvp writs, and nothing but cries after...
    you will find your targets, just be patient.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pravius Guest

Hawtee wrote:
    Just out of curiosity whats server do you play on?
  13. ARCHIVED-Csky Guest

i give the servers one month to go from a playable server to an unplayable server that freep tracking gank squads run around crying "WAAAAAAAAAA we cant find anyone left to kill!"
    because people will be tired of being thier token vendors instead of finding quality PVP and leave
  14. ARCHIVED-Rethaneu Guest

Hawtee wrote:
    Until last week there were no exiles on Venekor at all. Not one. Now there's an exile guild, but they've done it to raid and aren't out PvPing.
    How are we supposed to get tokens now? We're out all day every day and I have 300 tokens between two characters, and that's in about a month. This is going to make it just plain impossible to get tokens. It's not an exaggeration, this is going to just make it pointless to PvP on Venekor.
  15. ARCHIVED-Pravius Guest

Armironhead@Vox wrote:
    According to the patch notes the only way to obtain the tokens is through the writ system.
  16. ARCHIVED-crossfader Guest

I like this addition. Here is what I see happening. Once people wipe their eyes and blow their noses from all the crying, those that are all into PvP (and previously went Exile to find more), will go Q to even up the sides and find more PvP. As it stands the sides seem highly in favor of Freeportians. Maybe.....
  17. ARCHIVED-Csky Guest

the servers would be fun if it wasnt stats based and token based, the more SoE focuses on PVP the more PVP goes down the toilet. i wish theyd get rid of tokens, PVP gear,, PVP writs and death penalties and just let us kill each other while maintaining the game as its supposed to be played with the PVP as the added excitement and danger factor
  18. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

This is an absolutely terrible change.
  19. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Pravius Guest

crossfader wrote:
    What Server do you play on? I am not sure if you are in a guild or understand how hard it is to actually transfer sides like that if you are in a guild but it's extremely hard to do and get everyone on the same page. Good luck with that.

Csky I agree 100%.