PvP Server is here... Why are you not here?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Spectre, May 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

As long as two certain developers are allowed to make design decisions and itemization I’ll stay with in the under 100 zones and enjoy myself.

When we get creative design and itemization devs with a vision that aligns more closely with the players I’ll give it a shot.....again.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

I was on Nagafen from beta through closure, and I don't remember this part: "Used to be if you went into the opponents zone you could not attack till you were attacked."

Are you possibly mistaking your memory of the times when you were below the level range of other players in a zone (like in Antonica, only players within 4 levels of your level can attack you, the rest show red-- too high to attack you, or grey-- too low for you to attack) so maybe you got away with questing there in peace? ;) (Usually, people will just relog with an alt in your level range and kill you at that point, though.) Because PvP has never been like that, ever, that I can recall.

But I do agree that it's a weird dynamic that Neriak and DLW have guards who attack Qs on sight, yet Frostfang Sea both in and outside town has neutral guards. FFS's neutrality is helpful for Freep crafters, who are forced to come over to do the tier 2 crafting quest line to get their advanced recipes, so there's that.

But Frostfang's neutrality would be balanced by Gorowyn's neutrality, if Timorous Deep was in-game.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Its possible that was the rules on Deathtoll , another PvP server I was not afraid to level up on .

Well the good news is things have calmed down a little in the beginner areas , so I think I go ahead and do what a player should do in a game and level up.

We had to bag for higher level guards in New Hallas and coercers would mezz the guards and bring them to the banker for protection .

Well the NPC s in Gorowin are really neutral as in the banks and other commodities are available for everybody .
    I would like it if New Hallas would work the same way , I hate to have to go all the way over to the ice cave for a bank , or to the beginner island .
    At least that's better than in Darklight woods where a Qeynosian will not find a friendly bank clerk at all .
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm not there 'cause I don't pvp.
  5. Yayoh New Member

I made it to the 30's until the stats on gear actually started to bother me. Now i'm back to mythic raiding / running keys in wow and just got a resto druid to 60 in classic tbc.

I'm not particularly thrilled to be back in mythics but i don't want to play final fantasy and i'm addicted to mmo's.
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

This thread is a hard bait for all the pve'rs who don't like pvp and want to come in here and be like Ha! Told you so! PvP is just a small minority.

In reality, the population is not bad at all. I find pvp in literally every zone of every tier at all times of the day and that's while the population is spread between all the tiers, eventually it will get top heavy and 70 will have tons of pvp.

Of course the population could always be better, so could Kaladim's (RIP Kaladim) but the turnout has been pretty acceptable.
    Sixgauge, Raff, Daarkstar and 3 others like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've a pve'r, but what you all do is up to you.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

It's my experience across several games that a good raider rarely, if ever makes a cutting edge pvp'er, so they can gear up all they want to and a good pvp'er can still kill them. A good pvp'er, though, is almost always an excellent raider.
  9. sh33pOwner New Member

pvp is for n00bs! why do i need to kill other people? killing others is bad!
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Tarinax is the most popular server in the game. Be proud of your house decorations on AB and stop worrying about what red servers do.
    Raff likes this.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Naturally. The classes are not balanced like that; these are group-centric classes. No one is interested in a 1v1 with a guardian or dirge. Most people want to group PvP; those who don't smash naked greens in DLW.
    Raff likes this.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Raff likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

My guild is WW1 on live and our group is currently undefeated in 6v6!

That's not an invitation though, we only kill greys.
    Arielle Nightshade and Raff like this.
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This is a cautionary tale for you then: when our group was 50ish, we'd go after 70's...we were totally grey to them, but we'd kill them. Sometimes it took awhile, but we'd do it. The first time we did it, there was complete, utter shock as though the fabric of the universe had been disrupted. Boy...were they Maaaadddd.

If you kill enough greys, they might kill you back.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This used to be true when the pvp servers first launched. If you went into...say Qeynos Harbor, you were flagged as attackable, but you couldn't attack anyone till they hit you first. Then all bets were off.

This led to lots of sneaky underhanded ways to flag people in cities so that they could be attacked.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

They must have changed that really quickly.

I remember beta and a few days into launch, where enemies could use the other faction's bells and zone right in. They could gank you in the crafting instances with the brokers inside the original neighborhoods, or even in your inn room, lol. I don't remember them needing anybody else to strike them first for any of that.
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

No, for me it was the ruleset when the pvp servers first launched. I was on Venekor. I'm positive this was the rule. You couldn't use the opposing faction's city bells, but you could always sneak in via the sewer or even through the front gates, if you could make it through the guards. I remember one time in Freeport, using the x4 guards to great advantage when our group attacked a x2 of Qeynosians and led them up the hill in East Freeport right into the x4 guards. It was beautiful.

When you were in the opposing faction's city, you were flagged attackable. You couldn't attack anyone first - they'd have to hit you in order to be flagged and then you could fight. This resulted in often comic mimes begging to be attacked. They could zone into crafting instances or into people's houses, but it was the same.

It was a very rare time that someone zoned in and wasn't instantly attacked by the home players, but this was the rule. Deathtoll was a later server than the first ones. I never played on the later servers, but I think they changed a lot of the rules to be more free-for-all and open world pvp without much restriction, due to player request.
  18. Ashgrivm New Member

This is the problem with pvp servers, if you chain kill the new players/lowbies whom will make up the majority of the server population, they will just quit and that affects the entire server to the point of shut down. Then the very low amount of super loud morons can keep complaining and I can chuckle and eat my Canadian brownie
    Tkia and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh, you mean the carnage flag that was only used inside of cities like Qeynos and Freeport. Yeah, they had that for a while as time went on. I thought you guys meant in the questing zones like Thundering Steppes, Enchanted Lands, Everfrost, etc.
  20. Spectre Active Member

Is it me, or is it picking up a little?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.