PvP Server is here... Why are you not here?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Spectre, May 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectre Active Member

I am very surprised that the population is not much higher with all the loud bickering about a PvP Server. Well... It's here. Where are you? I am here...
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

As many of us have been trying to tell you for years the majority of the playerbase has little to no interest in PvP. That loud bickering comes from a minority of the community, who are not numerous, simply LOUD.
    Beee, Obano, Fangrim and 1 other person like this.
  3. Satyr Well-Known Member

This is a PVP forum, If you aren't interested in PVP, don't post here. Blue players are notoriously toxic and we don't want that on our server, thanks.
    Kriptini and Spectre like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I have seen many PvE players give Tarinax a try , even so they never played on a PvP server before .
    Some left after losing there harvest rares .
    I been trying to tell them all what to do so they keep their hard earned materials and their coins , that has helped to keep some people still playing .
    Lol you should put up a sign to where to find you Spectre , maybe than somebody would come and play with you , somebody with the gear and ability .

And we noticed that Tarinax went live on Kaladim , that's where most people went that were waiting for the next PvP server to open .
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

It's almost as if the poster was directly responding to the question asked by the OP. Wouldn't want any of that on the forums!
    Obano, Fangrim, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  6. Spectre Active Member

When Nagafen went live in 2006, most the community never PvP'd before either. There is a learning curve.

What I believe is that the game was not made as appealing as it was back in Nagafen.

There is no PvP armor earned via tokens, and no real incentive like the Hunter dailies on live. No special PvP ONLY events and/or rewards. It just PvE rewards available on ALL servers....

Get some rewards claimable on PvE servers that can only be earned here on PvP?

There was not much effort put into this sorry to say.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  7. Satyr Well-Known Member

Please stop being so blue and so toxic. This is a wholesome place.
    Kriptini likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

You asked a question and I answered it. If you don't want an answer, don't ask. And not everyone reads the forum via the board list.
    Ursa Minor likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

:D :p ;)

Thanks for my first big laugh of the day here.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Argh I rather go back to Tarinax and play when arguing
    I agree there were many things on Nagafen that I liked , like the open zone battle fields .
    That was a way to do some PvP in a big group with a goal to take down the opponents towers .
    I am not good at PvP but there is just something about it , that keeps on bringing me back to it .
    I thought there were some things missing Specre .
    DP was trying to listen to people and features that are dear to some of us did not make it in to the server because others were opposed to those .
    Unfortunately this is what it is maybe some can be still added later .
    For now this is all there is , make best of it .
  11. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

yeah I can tell that there are quite a bit of PVErs joining us, and most of them dont understand the nuances in the combat system when it comes to PVP or how much you actually should prepare before going out there and trying to contend.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Back when the pvp servers first went live, we all had the same learning curve - and basically did it together. That made EQ2 some of the most fun pvp I've done as a gamer. Now, the learning curve happens to a new pvp'er while the older, more experience pvp'ers are 'using the terrain' and 'only doing what the game allows them', while decimating the new players just trying to figure it all out. Not that you expect someone trying to kill you to be all warm and fuzzy - but at the same time never catching a break makes many people not want to stay for very long.

You can tell when someone is new. Don't kill them repeatedly and camp the rezz point just because you can. Try to give them a chance when you are in a group of 3 or 4 and they are by themselves. You know very well that they are basically dead. Show some mercy from time to time, and you will be rewarded with a worthy opponent as they level up.

Unless you don't really want actual fights, you just want to squish people like bugs and then complain that no one plays on the servers.
    Proto12 and Siren like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I remember old school pvp and an unwritten rule was to kill somebody only once ( an hour )than let them go .
    If you discourage new , or bad players to much they might leave the game and you never will have another chance to kill them .
    I met one guy who would go after me every day once he saw me and eventually he would congratulate me when I took a stand and even fought back .
    So give your pray a chance and some day you could get some entertaining fights out of it rather just murdering them wile they are leveling up and have bad gear .
    Siren and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Pretty certain that's what most people are playing for. Nobody wants fair fights, people will run from 1v1s and wait for their 6 man to show up, grief greys/greens. The only people I've ever seen fight 1v1s are people who play classes that are good at 1v1s, everyone else just runs and waits for guildies to log in so they can have their 6v1s.
    Fangrim, Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

unfortunately that very true Melt , that is why I liked those mass battles , even a bad PvP player could get some points there .
  16. Fulton Active Member

Ive been here for about 5 days now and already deleted my toons and took off. I was hoping for very busy action in t2 because i dont wanna spend days/weeks grinding to 70 just to be met by the super try hards who will be in raid gear in a week and spank everyone with ease. But all ive seen is mostly scouts and brawlers running around fame whoring. And its really slow at that...you may get a few fights here and there but nothing like it used to be in dlw, big *** brawls going on for hours. Just fame shots now from the ego filled try hards. Need to have butterfly/owl totems for low levels, and unless ur geared to the teeth wont matter much anyways. Its not just the game, its the players.. most just want a fame hit no matter how cheap. Ive played a tank and healer, and everytime scout attacks me and they think they gonna lose....just run off and stealth.. then come back with friends or when im engaged with other stuff...its the name of the game and has always been like that... but im in my 40's now and just have way better things to do than **** with stupid **** like this
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

It's been a long time, but back then you could only get Fame or Infamy from a player kill once in a limited amount of time (20 mins? hour? I can't remember). So camping them and killing them repeatedly was just because you were a jerk.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Recent kills list is still like half an hour, but most people just kill L10s over and over, griffoning to their rez spot and killing them again right away while they still have the death debuff. Seen it, and even had it done to me too last week on an alt. I have a tough skin but many others don't. I wish PvP XP gave more XP per kill. If griefers have to keep rerolling constantly, they'll be less likely to lock and twink.

I just chatted with a new L10 (came over from EQ1) in Qeynos. He already wanted to quit over "oranges who one shot him and then grief him over and over while he can't do any damage to them even on his Brigand." I explained that they were locked twink L14s, so he should move to less populated zones not attached to bells, and do in-town quests too.

He had also run up against (what he didn't realize were) mentored L70s conning as L10s who would one-shot him, his teammates and other new L10s across Antonica without taking damage. Another L10 said that even though he left the mentored groups alone, he couldn't avoid their AoEs, which were even killing greys. At least I could tell them to hold on til the June 8th patch, when mentoring exploits are getting fixed.

I even saw a griefer in the chat bragging about how he goes out of his way to kill greys over and over this way.

Practically the whole leaderboard is griefer Scouts. Titles are really a joke. It's a bit exasperating, as I really don't want Tarinax to empty out. Once people leave, they seldom if ever come back.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

That is one reason why I am not sure I want to level up my toons beyond level 9 and it seams like a lot of Taranax is level 9s and lower , besides maybe the ones who got an early start and are now at level cap and bored.

I don't understand why the way it used to work got changed
    Used to be if you went into the opponents zone you could not attack till you were attacked .
    That way low level toons had a chance to level up to around level 20 without being in constant fear .

And why is Neriak armed to the teeth wile New Hallas has only some friendly guards .
  20. Nicodemius Member

I think maybe the interest in a pvp server was overestimated perhaps. I know I've no desire for pvp and would rather have seen a normal server launch instead. But, I do hope the server stays healthy and everyone has fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.