PvP server effects no longer work in Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-PeterJohn, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Naggasaki@Nagafen wrote:
    Um, not all people on blue server hard core raid either. I havent for several years and dont miss a day of it. The fact is, you worked hard for your gear. We ALL work hard for our gear no matter which server we are on and when something new comes out then we have to start all over and get new things. The items, as you stated above, are Tier 8. Time to upgrade. Plus all your PvP gear DOES work inside the BGs and does not require you to switch. This change only disables the procs and effects that can not be obtained on other servers thus leveling the playing field. The people that are fighting tooth and nail over this because of how hard they worked in open PvP should just forget the BGs exist and, well, do open PvP.
    Oh and btw b/c I have seen this so many times I have lost count. About Avatar gear; Go ahead and nerf it....not many people have it unlike most all the PvP players having the said items above. Avatars were just as out of reach for 99% of each server as it was for you, who had no spawns at all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Stales Guest

LETS JUST GIVE EVERYONE 10,000 BG TOKENS SO WE CAN ALL GET FULL BG GEAR AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FAIR AND EVERYONE WILL HAVE THE SAME GEAR AND WE CAN ALL MAKE COOKIES WITH COOKIE CUTTERS TOGETHER AND EAT ICECREAM.
    I AM ALSO A FAN OF THE 2x4 WHILE NAKED FIGHTING IDEA
  3. ARCHIVED-Xaviour Guest

Naggasaki@Nagafen wrote:
    Umm.. iam on nagafen.. remember, i was MT a PUG vp raid to help you guys get ya myth!? lol...

umm no your wrong.. one heroic resistance got taken away off of one of the pieces..and the other that they left .. they applied it towards crit mit..(applied everywhere not just pvp)why do you think when sf luanched you had 10% more crit mit with ya pvp set.. POINT IS..is that crit mit dosent even matter in pvp now..so why were you complaining about the heroic resistances gettin taken away when they apply to crit mit..something that has no bearing affect in pvp..just sayin..YOU may want to RE-READ YOUR pvp armor..
  4. ARCHIVED-halbren Guest

I don't understand why they did not give Pve players a chance to earn the procs items via quest, BGs or whatever. I don't want other players to lose what they earned, just give me a chance to catch up.
  5. ARCHIVED-tullebukk Guest

I do appriciate they taking the bluebie crying to heart and "fix" the procs that pvp'ers have in battleground.. But when are they gonna start fixing the actual procs on the BG gear? My 2 pieces of ward proccing gear does less than 1% of my heal parse, and the Brutallic dagger doesnt even proc off spell casts?
    When will this be fixed?
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Harbringer Doom Guest

Cerec wrote:
    Citation needed. I'd be interested in seeing you find that quote in legitimate print.
    I think you'll find that the closest you can come is TPTB at the time saying that there would not be PvP in EQ2 at launch, but the possibility remained open to incorporate it at some point.
    For every customer who thinks time is wasted on the PvP portion of the game (you), there is one who is thrilled that it was released and incorporated because they think its a lot more fun than PvE (me).
  7. ARCHIVED-halbren Guest

Horknut@Nagafen wrote:
    I seem to remember at launch the general feeling and very well could have been stated by the dev that Pvp was not going to be part of EQ2. That was many years ago though and exact deatails are a bit fuzzy except for the memory of grinding crabs to level up and sharded group death debt loss....ack!
  8. ARCHIVED-Rairine Guest

I would much rather of seen them put these items on the BG vendor with a flag for BG use only (with a fairly hefty cost) this way the pvp will be as intended, the potential for everyone to have the same gear, and based on skill, without the current red server players having to equip different pvp gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Well can we get all avatar gear procs removed from BG's too?
    For the same BS reason.
  10. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Armironhead@Vox wrote:
    "never before has the game been so awkward and unwieldy" ... you didn't raid in t6 before there were repair kits, did you? We'd have to carry around 4 sets of gear not because we needed different resists (though that was a little of it) but because when your gear broke, you needed a backup set.
  11. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Paill@Nagafen wrote:
    Hmmm, you mean to tell me that Avatars never spawned on PvP servers?
    Because YOU weren't able to kill them, doesn't mean the gear wasn't accessable to PvP players.

On the other hand, lots of procs from PvP token merchants were not avaliable what-so-ever on PvE servers.

If you aren't able to grasp that simple difference, then wow.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rairine Guest

Paill@Nagafen wrote:
    I would go along with that as a fair way forward.
  13. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Geothe wrote:
    Well what about newer players? That never raided in T8, or not at all, that stuff is still completly unavaliable to them what-so-ever on any server.
    So there isnt a differnce, if you cant understand its the same dam concept thats just your incompetence.
  14. ARCHIVED-drymacaroni Guest

Geothe wrote:
    LoL, Yes, it was accessable to PvP players... a mere... 3 or 4 guilds I believe.
    Now tell me this, when an avatar spawned on your server, did you have multiple guilds who had alarms set when they spawn calling each other waking them up at 5 in the morning to go kill it? Now the next part, did you have to deal with at least 2 other raid forces who you had to fight in the proccess (since there were Freeport, Qeynos, and Exile guilds all going after them) all while trying to mantain your strat used on the Avatar? Didn't think so.
    Now lemme guess, you don't care and think if we wanted to get the gear we could have still done it some how and that we should have to tough it out?
    Well thats how it should go for PvE against our couple of lvl 80 PvP pieces we will be replacing in a short while anyway. If those procs are such a big factor, you should make a PvP character, deal with getting to 80 on a hostile server. Then spend you couple of weeks trying to squeek out tokens it takes to get the gear.
    lemme guess you don't believe thats fair either do you? Lemme give you a simple difference, you are PvE right? Then don't expect the same advantages as a PvP character would get in a PvP oriented game until you put in the time to get your 90 gear (making a minimal fear proc irrelevant).
    If you aren't able to grasp that simple difference, then wow.
  15. ARCHIVED-Poypoyking Guest

The battlegrounds are NOT using the PVP ruleset.
  16. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Funny watching all the PVP'ers QQ over this. Look the procs aren't available to everyone so unless they put them on the BG's merchant all they were doing is leaving in an imbalance. The whole avatar excuse is a joke as well since your server is a barren wasteland and people never showed up for avatars anyways.
  17. ARCHIVED-Harbringer Doom Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I'm confused, did you just call Nagafen a barren wasteland?
  18. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

[IMG]

My scout alts hate that fear earring that everyone howled about... but I really dislike nerfs as a "solution".
    Nerfitynerfnerf = game shrinkage... seems to me it would have been better to "add content" to the game by simply adding that earring and other choices to the vendors, instead of diminishing the game with another series of nerfs.
  19. ARCHIVED-Brimestar Guest

WTG SOE borking the PvPers to cater to blues, can we fix our servers now plz?
  20. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Its not about the actual avatars them self, its the fact that people have and are using gear no one else can now obtain in BG matches.
    Just like people from pvp servers was using gear no one outside pvp servers could obtain.
    Its the same friggin point.
    Bluebie were upset that gear they cant obtain was being used against them, well there is TONS of other gear people are using in BG's that no one can now obtain.
    In reality it doesnt really matter tbh, but it is the same point, gear being used against you in BG's that you cant obtain.