PvP server effects no longer work in Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-PeterJohn, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Thank you SOE for leveling out the Battlegrounds for all players. Now the Blues will have no excuses for why we are getting owned in the battles, and we can get to work on improving our skills.
  2. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    eq2 pvp used to be about going out doing the quests and raids and getting the best set of gear you could and then setting your toon against everybody else. now you need a bg set, a pvp set, and a pve set (which is in turn broken down into different sets for resists depending on the mob your facing). Never before has this game been so awkward and unwiedly.
    more over all this change does is remove another component that altered the dynamic of rock, paper, scissor -- now more then ever, the bgs are decided solely on class, and grp composition. Wheres the fun? Why dont they just cut to the chase make all the toons go in naked and swing at each other with 2x4s? the result would be the same as what we have now with less fuss.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

PeterJohn wrote:

You should speak for yourself, not everyone.
  4. ARCHIVED-tullebukk Guest

Im happy to see that crying still works with Sony. Now lets start crying so raid pieces wont work in battlegrounds either, cause after all.. Olihin HAVE said that noone should have to raid on a pvp server..So the ppl with raid pieces are way too OP for the pvp'ers now!

God im so tired of this..
  5. ARCHIVED-Xaviour Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    +1
    Well atleast there wont be anymore whining.. w/e
  6. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

Well boooo,
    Im from A.B. and i think that just blows!!! Lets just go ahead with the 2x4 idea. Soon BG's will be no fun at all. All my friends are on A.B. I have a few toons on naggy. Since all the equipment in AB now has a pvp flag can I do a char transfer if so my friends will go also? They love pvp now!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-iggie2299 Guest

I have an idea.....
    Naked PvP for Everyone!

It makes just about as much sense as what I'm seeing here.

You all realize that this means your 'tier eight PvP gear is now WORTHLESS and are doomed to buying M/C if you haven't gotten to 90 already. Heroic resistance is the 'buff' on it, and last I checked, it's not available on BG gear. And pretty much NONE of the other stuff on ANY of it will work now that I think about it.

GOOD JOB!
  8. ARCHIVED-tanis147 Guest

i'm just waiting to log into the game and see that all pvp gear is bugged and doesn't work in open world pending a fix.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

funny part is about 95% of all the effect on the pvp gear is on other non pvp gear somewhere in the game so that update and the way its worded makes almost no sense.
    go figure
  10. ARCHIVED-Xaviour Guest

Naggasaki@Nagafen wrote:
    I thought the heroic resitance just added to crit mit when they changed it.used to be a "pvp engaged" only pvp buff..but they recently changed it..i remeber with a full set of pvp gear i went from 78 crit mit to 88 crit mit with the change..err.
    anyhow theres better procs/buffs that have been taken away tbh..
    defensive shielding proc - one of the most prolific ward procs EVER imo.. seen it out ward healers in pve zones.. always procs in pvp..
    admirals chain for example.. one of the most dynamic pieces of gear in the entire game (in t8 anyways)..
    banshee hoop fear proc - nuf said
    boomerang clicky - extended weapon range by 100%
    purifier - brawler weapon - has a proc to debuff target
    Marksman bow - root proc
    these are just to name a few..
    I DO NOT forsee this changing the outcomes of most battles.. people who are gonna get beat by a certain group / guild are still gonna get rolled by those people.. there will be no excuses now.. no more pvp procs..and everyone who runs bgs should already have a substantial amount of the new pvp gear by now.. (i know i do..have every desired piece)..
    iam wondering what will be the next nerf on who/what though..
    tbh sony shoulda just added the above said items to the blue servers Bg vendors..

regards,
    xav
  11. ARCHIVED-iggie2299 Guest

Well, i'm not going to lie. I'm farming BG tokens on my t-3 level 80 warlock. I only have the BP for my SK. Because I didn't camp BG's 24/7 after the xpac went live (not saying you did). Anyway, cheers and grats blubies *not all, just the most annoying ones*. Instead of 'getting' the gear, now it just won't work. Will you still cry when 'class abilities' fear you all the time? Because if you can't figgure out how to counter 'banshee hoop' then I am pretty sure you can't counter class ablities either.
  12. ARCHIVED-SrangerX2 Guest

i wish more of you knew more about what we go threw on pvp server
    fact i worked hard to get my hoop to further help protect myself it is not a auto win item, it doesnt kill you, it doesnt one shot you in your face.
    fact i have played a little in bgs and not all bluebies suck (just the ones crying aperantly)
    fact bg armor works in pvp. i feel it shouldnt, if my effects wont work in bgs why are others allowed to use theres in open world against me for far less cost (also some of the peices are better then what the pvp merchant has to offer)
    fact there are other fear procs, like the house item which i also never leave home with out (soon to be stripped when entering bgs im sure)
    while we are at it since we have no avatars on our server, none of that should work in the bgs huh?? since naggy cannot obtain it it is really what you guys would call fair correct??
    bgs will be the death of pvp servers, maybe that is what soe wants though cause i see some easy fixes and seems like it doesnt matter its all for bgs now
    so for all you crying about how your bg is effected remember atleast your whole game play isnt being effected and you can always pve
  13. ARCHIVED-Blackthunder13 Guest

Well the only thing being taken away is the stuff on gear that the bluebies cant get like the healer fear earing and shield, and like the proc on shifting band.....if u need those to win u should quit now imho!
  14. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

I understand that PvP server people work harder to get thier gear and they should be able to use it. But, only on that ruleset server. BG's are for everyone. May not like it, but "bluebies" are enjoying the BGs and this change makes the playing field more fair. If you are one that does not agree and upset by this change then it means that you relied more on these overpowered pieces of gear to give you the winning advantage and not your skill. Now is the time for all the "redies" to prove that they ARE better at PvP through thier skill and not because they are loaded up with gear that thier competition does not have acess to. Now there will be zero excuse for whining when the full non PvP server group is defeated by the full PvP server group.
  15. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

About time they made this change.
  16. ARCHIVED-iggie2299 Guest

um...wrong. Re read your PvP armor...and in case you're from a PvE server and cannot, then..well, sucks to be you. But last time I looked at my PvP armor, most of what was on it was not available on the BG merchant at that time....

mostly .....BECAUSE IT'S TIER 8!
  17. ARCHIVED-iggie2299 Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    Um, most of us don't 'hard core raid'. In fact it's because PvP is available that we DON'T raid on PvE. And the PvP armor is what many of us worked hard to aquire (w/e about zerg fest '09 blah blah) and do not have a handy PvE set of gear to just 'swap out'. W/E...enjoy BG's when it's just another arena.
  18. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    I am kind of sad to see this... I am a PvE player and have no issue with PvP servers having full access to their procs on their gear. All this did was make me work harder to gather my tokens and get BG gear.
    Maybe I should start a thread about having less money than another player so we can all be good communists and not have more than one another lol.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cerec Guest

Reading this reminds me of a quote by one of the original EQ2 producers, "There will never be pvp in EQ2" back in 2005. The game wasn't really designed for it and it's been a hacked job ever sense. Personally, I've always been bitter that dev time was ever spent in on it since I came to this game originally BECAUSE it didn't have pvp, but now it's just getting annoying. So much time and energy spent on a concept that was never part of the original EQ2 concept..sigh. I play EQ2 because I really think it's the most enjoyable pve mmos on the market -- imagine what it could be if we could funnel the time/energy spent on pvp over the last 5 years into dev time on pve content/testing/fixes/etc.
    It's a SOE "character" flaw though -- they have a hard time seeing the aspects of their games that sets them above the others. EQ2 was always very strong as a PVE game, and they should have stuck with that. The same thing goes for SWG -- it was (originally) a great solo player game...but, then they did a combat revamp and totally screwed that game in ways that is truly epic.
    Anyway, I guess what I wanted to say is that if you play on a pvp server or BGs, you're playing in a system that was not part of the original EQ2 design and is probably always going to feel "half" done. You may think this is not a big deal; however, the BULK of this game was programmed and designed before release in 2005. Much has changed, but only small portions have been re-written, so you're still playing (basically) the same game that was released in 2005 with patches all over it.
  20. ARCHIVED-SrangerX2 Guest

but i agree thats the thing, i am cool if i cant wear other gear obtained outside the bgs, i am fine with that, but if that is the case then bg gear needs to stay inside the bg, atm it isnt that way. i do not need my banshee hoop to stay alive, but on a pvp server with pvp tokens it was worth it, now i am running againts people with farmed bg gear that in some cases is better then our pvp gear, while i hunt what ever pvp i can find that isnt hidding in the bgs and get my gear at 150-250 tokens a peice