PvP beta server patch delayed!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

What should I play... illy? sk? fury? carpenter?
  2. Rhianntp New Member

We aren't getting updates from Discord... those are from discord users who bother to ask directly what is happening. The nature of a Beta of this sort is to be unpredictable.
  3. Rhianntp New Member

If a carpenter make it Karen <3
    Pixistik likes this.
  4. Vexus New Member

Oh, you're not receiving updates from Discord. You're just receiving updates from Discord. Got it. It's not like I'm complaining about it being in a volatile state. I'm just saying how about informing the community on what's happening.
  5. Spectre Active Member

7PM.. Do you know where you PvP is?
  6. drewkon New Member

I was so ready to poopsock this pvp pwnage all day too /SIGH
  7. Spectre Active Member

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]CaithToday at 7:02 PM[/COLOR]

I'll be aiming for 10AM PST Keex, but that is an estimate to see if the issues with the CDN are resolved with this latest push.
  8. Spectre Active Member

Have to wait until tomorrow it seems
  9. drewkon New Member

mega fail.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

They did, we got many updates, on Discord. Getting updates via Discord is nothing new.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

So glad we all hang out in Discord or Facebook instead of the OFFICIAL FORUMS...
    Vexus and drewkon like this.
  12. drewkon New Member

i hope they fire a pvp dev for botching this. oh wait there arent any. why didnt they dry run this thing yesterday and have it online ready for people so they could just turn unlock off today? rookie mistake. if you guys need some executive gamer blood at DB, please send tell for my linkedin.

i admit its been a while since ive played eq2, but why was the old nagafen destroyed? wish i could play my toon there atm in the meantime.
  13. Ajilon New Member

What is the discord channel, so I can see what's up? Thanks.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm trying to keep all the Discord updates and beta server developments in this thread, so here's the latest one:

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]CaithToday at 11:02 PM[/COLOR]

Unfortunately we have an ongoing issue with the file manifest that is preventing the CDN from getting the beta files. The current file push is going to take a few hours, so we have delayed the beta launch until tomorrow.

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]CaithToday at 10:02 PM[/COLOR]
    I'll be aiming for 10AM PST Keex, but that is an estimate to see if the issues with the CDN are resolved with this latest push.
  15. Vexus New Member

You intentionally cut out the relevant part of my message to say something extremely pointless... Solid
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

So instead of using Discord to get answers, you would rather complain on the forums. Gotcha.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

18. Miss_Jackie Active Member

I know a lot of you were excited for pvp. I was too. But, a lot of you don't realize what goes on behind the scenes. They could have had everything ready to go, only to have one tiny little thing go wrong. Have a little compassion, jebus.
    Sixgauge, Zenji and Siren like this.
  19. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Damn shame!
  20. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

This is not a big deal, there is always some environmental nonsense when standing up a new server. Nothing in software engineering ever just works right the first time. It's a test server and the smoke test crashed and burned.
    Siren and drewkon like this.