PvP beta server patch delayed!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Hi!

The devs are still working on the PvP server patch. It will hopefully be ready around 2PM PST (which is 5PM EST), but that's a rough estimate. Here's a quote from Kander:

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 1:52 PM[/COLOR]

There is an issue with the beta patch, we're working on it. The server is not going to be available before 2pm PST, and that is a guesstimate.(edited)
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Pestilance New Member

Under character creation....will the server be under Progression, Event, or Free Trade? "Nagafen will also be a Free-Trade server" - Kandor. So I assume it will be on the Free Trade, but I want to make sure. I literally quit this game not long after the PvP option was taken away. I do like the idea of factionless PvP. So I am excited. Any information to help me on this matter would be appreciated - Pestilance
  3. Littlefawn New Member

Is the beta download under free trade?
  4. Littlefawn New Member

Any information on where to download the BETA part of the game would be helpful. As a Veteran player I would like to check out the pvp server again! Thank you!
  5. Noon New Member

Go to advanced tools on the EQ2 launcher, go to "select game version" and choose beta from there. That should be how you get into the beta once the server is live.
    meowza likes this.
  6. meowza New Member

you need to change version from us English to beta and hit install wont fully install untill beta is unlocked
  7. meowza New Member

Change your version, from us English to beta .. then hit apply and install , menu on launch page
  8. meowza New Member

change version from US English to Beta on launch page
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Beta server still down as of almost 5pm EST now (2pm PST). Another note from Kander on Discord:

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 4:49 PM[/COLOR]

Just to be very clear, this is a beta, there are things we are definitely working on. We will try to let everyone know what is being worked on and when it is coming via patchnotes, etc. It’s beta, thanks for being patient.
    Breanna and Spectre like this.
  10. Spectre Active Member

I am pretty sure it will be under the event server not the free trade server
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

6PM EST Update from Kander on Discord:

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 5:57 PM[/COLOR]
    We’ve got everyone working on the issue. Its moving as quickly as possible. Please keep things here constructive. Thanks for being patient.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

And by the way, the Nagafen PvP beta server will NOT be accessible from the normal EQ2 client server list. You have to change your EQ2 launcher to beta client (bottom left corner of the launcher) and then download/patch the beta server.

See this link if you have trouble patching please:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...he-process-of-beta-char-creation-work.588373/

And here is the server status list: (Scroll down to EVERQUEST 2, then "BETA" is Nagafen PvP beta server):

https://www.daybreakgames.com/status

Breanna likes this.
  13. Baktrax New Member

Why announce a release and get people excited about it, when they were so clearly not ready for a release. It is very disrespectful to the player base.
  14. Drdeepsmile New Member

Is this a regular thing for this company? Thinking about leaving before I even start. New player here.

Just don't want to get caught up in another Trion/SOE/insert bad dev here fiasco.
    Kalika likes this.
  15. Thetmes Active Member

Just wondering what the problem is........... it being delayed is not great but with an explanation it would be easier to take.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

because things can go wrong , You would not be happy if they let us come in to beta and nothing works right
    I deleted the beta and reloaded it ,lol , all for nothing .
    I should have looked into the forums after the first time I failed getting past the launch pad.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

CDN (Content Delivery Network) server troubles, apparently.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Here's an update from Kander: (Just passing them on whenever I see them)

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 7:46 PM[/COLOR]

Just to be very clear, this is a beta, there are things we are definitely working on. We will try to let everyone know what is being worked on and when it is coming via patchnotes and forum posts. It’s beta, thanks for being patient. We’ve got everyone working on the current issue. Its moving as quickly as possible. Please keep things here constructive. As for the current 1 character per server restriction, we will turn it off after a few days or so for beta only. Thanks for being patient.(edited)

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 7:49 PM
    [/COLOR]

When we have an ETA, you'll have one.

Winter and Breanna like this.
  19. Dagada Member

It's beta?
    Siren likes this.
  20. Vexus New Member

Why is this so poorly managed? Why are we receiving updates from Discord instead of the official forums? This is already turning into an absolute joke.
    Meneltel and Pixistik like this.