Purple War Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Rhapsodic1, May 11, 2014.

1. Cleaner Active Member

They should ALL be on the etty merchant, including all the dropped. some of the better one's should cost more, yes but at a point in the game you need something to spend those scrolls on. Right now all i spend them on is the temp buffs books i have even used on upgrading a potion drop once but that is so rare that your not spending it on those much either. Currently sitting on 3-4k scrolls with nothing to spend them on, maybe puts some over powered gems on the broker for 1k scolls or something along those lines. Raids have slowed down on getting gear by half with server depletion's, alot of guilds have to PuG slots that used to have people sitting in a guild hall waiting for a slot to open up, just to have a 1 in 50 chance at getting a drop (half the raid loot is useless neg effect trash between 24 people).
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Just got 2 in a row from adv solos. Stupid RNG.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I never wanted the war runes to drop like candy, the problem with depending purely on RNG is you could get 3 in a row or not see any for months. My brother started playing a few months ago, ever since he has been spending more time online than me running content and he had to do it for 3 months before he finally got 'screams of battle' from an advanced solo. The way they set up rune recipes from x2 was nice, I just don't approve of the acquisition. They really need to put those recipes AT LEAST on the drop tables for crates.

They can say content isn't balanced to require certain runes but that just isn't true. Heck its not even possible. If certain runes are best for raising DPS, and fights have DPS checks there is going to be a point where having the best DPS runes for a raid will be the last push a raid force needs to go from not finishing an encounter to killing it. Saying content isn't balanced to need certain war runes is like saying fights aren't balanced to need potency, crit bonus or buffs.

The only way content wouldn't be designed or balanced for war runes is if they provided stats you can't get anywhere else and the stats are 100% not needed for content. So if war runes just provided cosmetic additions then yeah, content isn't balanced to require certain war runes and any kind of certainty in their acquisition isn't needed.

They talked about some loot vendors in the xpac. I really hope they provide some way to supplement the unforgiving RNG. I remember some TSO vendors doing this. Dropped items on a vendor for a very high price in the xpacs currency. Relying entirely on the RNG for items on a large loot table is.....not fun.
    Jrel likes this.
  4. Jrel Well-Known Member

The WEIGHTED war rune RNG is ridiculous. I have 6 alts that need 28 war runes still to be competitive/their best.