Presenting – Sixth Year Vet Rewards!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Wow you got me. I sure said DE Racial and CotT acted the same way as the new Vet Reward.. GOT ME.. oh wait, no you didn't. Once again I clearly stated that they are 3 DIFFERENT things and even tried my best to make sure that you couldn't take my words out of context... yet you still did your best didn't you.
    The bolded part meant that you had CotT and the benefiets of it way before these vet rewards came in. And that those without 6 years can still benefiet from the Tinkered version. What would be the point of making it a 6 year vet reward if you could get it within a week (or less) from tinkering.
    I am waiting for you to once again take it all out of context.
    So to reiterate
    Yes Call of Tink and Racial and CoTH work differently than this new Vet reward.. I know that and stated both times that I would have 3 DIFFERENT types of CoTH like abilities. I do not believe it takes away from tinkerers one single bit. I do believe the actual SPELL should be changed to something similiar (But one way.. them to you and not vice versa).
    Now I know you will probably bold the words you want to read and say something like "I love monkeys" But I am fairly certain everyone but you gets my point.
  2. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Cool feature on the veteran reward. Tinkerers have enough fun toys, I don't think they'll feel too badly about not having theirs upgraded to match this. After next expac everyone worth a salt will take the time to get tinkering up as we'll be able to do both tinkering and transmuting, which really would diminish the exclusivity of this effect on the veterans reward.

Conjurors however, well put me down as another conjuror who thinks this would be awesome for CoTH. After all this isn't much to ask of something that was originally a class defining ability, and absolutely a great way to tell 1/2 of your summoners "Thanks for not /deleting" even with the state of summoner balancing atm :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Arieva@Oasis wrote:
    +1 it would take a new player less than a month to do Tinkering if he wanted CotT. It takes Veterans 6 years to get this upgraded version..
    Yeah CotT needs no upgrade, though I am in agreeance of CoTH (but only one way.. them to you)
  4. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    Why bother? Just standard SOE habits. this ability should never have been given as a veteran reward, it should have been added into the conjuror's spell period, It would at least give them something to be useful and wanted for.
    If the ability can be tied to an item, it can be tied to the spell icon, so there is no technical reason why it cannot be done. No, the spell should not in anyway be made any different then the freebie item, the spell and the item should work exactly the same.
    Not doing any responses on your personal comments and will leave it at that.
  5. ARCHIVED-DaftGhosty Guest

This is a VET reward. It is meant to be given as a SPECIAL bonus to players who have been playing since day one. It is meant to be a REWARD for such a long dedication to the game. It isn't meant to be a item, or ability that anyone starting a new acct can get as a default spell. If you could do such a thing, then the vet reward wouldn't be special at all.
    For anyone who thinks this item is overpowered. Excuse me, but putting six years into a game afords a bit of a reward to those who have spent the money, and the time to get there. That is why an item of this rating is not found, in the game as a default spell. That is why the item's re-use timer is one hour. It is meant as a THANK YOU to the players who have invested so much into Everquest.
    That is all I have to say.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ashreal Guest

DaftGhosty wrote:
    Wahooo!!! Well said my friend! /agree whole heartedly
  7. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

So we will now have level 1 toons created on 6 year vet accounts placed as contested spotters all over Norrath and placed for leapfrogging content, nice.
    This should never have been placed in game as a claim item for veteran rewards. It should be a per toon with some effort put into obtaining it.
    So I wonder how long it will be now before Station Cash pops up with the "Veteran Token". . . "Add 90 days of time to your account for $45"
  8. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Siodenne@Befallen wrote:
    That is the biggest load of hooey I have ever heard. There are accounts that havent been played for years but because of when they were created they will be eligible for this reward. So pull your head out of your elitisit behind and think about the ramifications of this reward.
    On a 6 year account you can place this on level 1 toons. How long will it take before the disparity for contested widens even further? Level 1 spotters across norrath. Contested pops and they pop a portal, call someone from the guild hall with a flag and done. A level 1 toon, nothing invested in that toon, only in the account. And a 1 hr timer, nice.
    This should have been a toon specific reward with effort to earn it per toon not an account claim based on time only.
    How many NEW players that join now or joined within the last year will ever see this reward? Probably none. It is unlikely this game will be around in another 6 years.
  9. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    You can already do this.People have had contested spotters in game forever and just cot to it then plant the flag......so what is the difference...it changes nothing already going on in game.Tell me how this changes from what is in game already?Besides useing a bell to get to a zone it changes zero.Your complaint is just very empty imo.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

I def want the vet reward, no dobut.
    But I will add myself to those tinkerers who think you really need to go back and buff that at some point. Call of tinkerer was an expensive "RARE" blueprint, in Tier 8, and took like what... was it 6 or 8 RARE T7 LOAMS to craft. I wouldn't equate that 6 years on an account, but it sure as hell should be more than just a single call to someone in the same zone as you, epically if they upgrade the T9 COTH ability like they should.
    I know first priority would be to see if T9 conjy spell could act this way and I'd say class before tradeskill in that regard.
    Perhaps Call of tinkerer could just have reuse totally removed for a start, or given the port to any zone, but not the whole 2 way portal deal. I dunno', but other than the waste call of tinkerer is made by the change, I'm super pumped about the reward, it is without doubt the best one yet.
  11. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    Time and effort , those are the differences. Currently to place a flag at a contested spot, someone has to (1) have one or (2) get one from the guild hall and then at the very least get to the same zone as the spotter. This takes 5-10 minutes typically before flags get planted. With this portal it can all happen in under 1 minute.
    • Call of the Tinker: earned through crafting also very limited as requires smae zone, longer recast, only goes 1 way
    • COH: earned by minimum level requirement and class specific. requires a consumable, same zone and only 1 way
    • the various little baubles, charged, quest rewards (which mean earned and quest which have level requirements, temp usage, same zone, 1 way)
    Now, a new portal goes 2 ways, 1 hr recast (same as city call), call to or from anywhere, no level requirements, no effort. Just have a 6 year old account.
    And a myriad of other uses, farmers will love them. I dont think its empty but time will tell.
  12. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Huh? 5-10 mins...no
    Call to guild hall get flag with or without portal.
    Zone out to the zone through various ways instantly and cot to the spotter.
    It takes like 1-2 mins to plant a flag....not sure where or why it would take you 5-10 mins.

Also you can already do this ability with recruit a friend and hell you dont even need to have a sub just trial account and you can have 30 min recast.I used this way to get to PoF befor they gave us a portal there.
  13. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    For every place you can think to get to in 1-2 minutes I can think of another you cant. I used an average time frame for all places. Either way, time will tell. I am completely done with this as it has no bearing on me anyway. I am not a 6 year player and with the direction of the game it is doubtful I will be one.
  14. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Tell me one place where you cant get there with in a min or 2 that has contested content?...i guess seblis and chardock? yeah i guess if wanted to farm the queen this would be usefull lol.
    Just sounds to me that your sore that you wont get the item is all...
    And as i said just use recruit a friend ability
  15. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah, farming the Queen in Chardok wouldnt be useful now, very insightful of you. But how many people were farming it 2 years ago? How many people still have either conjs or spotters parked there to cot to for epic updates?
    What do you think the next Queen will be in SF?
    And yes, with all the potential farming capabilities I would expect you to be jazzed about it. Just dont make assumptions that I am sore because I wont get it that isnt the case. With SOE's propensity for SC and the direction they are going I am sure 2010 will be an interesting year for RMT in MMO's.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

The argument of tactics for having spotters etc needs to be moved elsewhere as you are thoroughly derailing this topic.
    Also, keep in mind, please, that respectful and polite posting is required here.
    Thanks!
  17. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Preya@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Sorry if it seems like I'm beating a dead ogre with this, but there have been red name posts since my first question, and yet no answer to this. The potions have been in every yearly reward. Are they not coming this time around?
  18. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

The super CoT isn't much of a reward if you ask me. As others have pointed out, you can be anywhere in the game in 1-2 minutes as it is now. This is just catering to the lazy and it is useless to soloers.
    This does make me wonder why I spent the time to level a tinker. Seems like all useful earned abilities end of as free in one form or another eventually. Still waiting for my human monk to be given tracking.
    on the bright side, Words of Pure Magic will be a no brainer with a level 4 now.
  19. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Could it be activated for EU servers please ? Still no reward here.

Forget it, all is good
  20. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Add my vote for really really liking the new CoV!
    It came in real handy last night when guildees were deep in Stormhold and I was in Qeynos when I joined the group.
    However, one thing I found out: if the one you're CoVing to is zoning, make sure they're thru when you teleport to them. The CoV gets hung up, just sits there with a notify that the teleport request is processing, and never unhangs even after the other has finished zoning.
    I didn't know my guildee was zoning when I clicked on their name, they had just zoned at nearly the same time I clicked. I first got that the char couldn't be found, and then it stuck on the teleportation processing message, and just sat there for five mins or more. It never teleported me to them, tho an hour later it reset and was usable again.
    I figured it was just a bad timing glitch, tho in retrospect it could probably happen again.