Presenting – Sixth Year Vet Rewards!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Wydow Guest

Best vet reward ever.
  2. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    This might cause them to put a level restriction on the isle due to it :p
  3. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Well since dont believe you can summon your self to the isle with refer a friend ability.......i bet it is already restricted to get back to the isle.
  4. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    I create a level 1 toon on the island. I claim the item. I summon you. Done.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    I know but that you played an EQ1 Magician is why I said it. EQ2 Conj's haven't had anything close to the CoTH headaches that existed in EQ1.My Necro is still in EQ1 despite the name sharing and I still have a healthy distaste for twitch or similar mechanics though, I do enjoy myth'd mana flow on my coercer.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    wrong
    1. coth spell - useful only when in the same zone, only calls another payer to you
    2. tinkered item - again usefull only in zone
    3. 6th year anniversery item - can call to ANY location
    4. racial ability, only works in zone
    As a tinker, yes I feel like I have been given the same treatment that the other tradeskill classes have with the station casah items. The key point here is with the exception thsat only the 6th year item can call to ANY zone every hour on the hour.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    I tried, you can't. I assume the same with this one, but gotta ask!
  8. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Okay, 7 year vet reward....

How about a bind, set recall, and call that can be anwhere?

So I can bind my gnome to Gnomeland Security :)
    And a stack of TS and Adventure potions
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    Shhh!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    No I am not "wrong" I clearly said 3 Types of CoTH (as in different, as in not the same as each other). Then I followed with as a DE Tinkerer I (personally) do not feel jaded. You might and that is your right, but no where am I wrong in what I said.
    Also you were able to do this way before you had the Vet reward, and it takes 6 years to get, not everyone will have it so as a Tinkerer without 6 Year Vet you are still have yourself a nifty little toy. (I use the term you loosely and not in application to you the person directly as to not having the 6 year vet reward, I want to make that clear so you do not come back with some nonsense about me being "wrong" and that you indeed have the 6 year coming).
    With that said I doubt tinkerers as a whole will be complaining much about it. So far it is just you, but then again it is just me on the other side of the fence. It's a great item that adds to all the toys I have and is nothing like Station Cash taking away from the carpenter (or other TSers). It is free and a more accurate description would be to compare furniture and such earned through quest vs what the carpenter makes. If they sold the item on station cash then I feel you might have an argument but atm I do not, but that is just my opinion and in no way is it "wrong"
  11. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Heh :)
    I wanna go to the Queen's Colony (and overlord) something fierce, but I'd prefer to do it honorably and with their blessing...though I"m not above desperate means.
  12. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Well if you solo it is a useless reward - How about giving us something that lets you recall to a location or town or place. I now have a stupid useless racial recall and now this reward -- all of which are unusable if you solo.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ashreal Guest

YAY! I like these rewards, thanks SOE!
  14. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Maroger wrote:
    You could ask in channel chat for someone in the city to invite you for just a moment.. same thing for anywhere that you are traveling. People might accomodate a quick invite so you can travel where-ever. The same way people acomodated those that wanted to mentor real quick for an AA kill. /shrug
  15. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Maroger wrote:
    That seems kind of selfish...because you want to solo, it's useless?

You could ask someone to group up super quick so you can teleport to the area you wanna go, I'm sure some would be willing
  16. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Love the new rewards, Call of the Veteran is going to be real nice - can see that coming in handy a lot with my duo partner (we never seem to need to go back to town at the same time :p). The tradeskill vitality is much appreciated, too. :)

Why is the gnome wearing a hood of fate when the armor in the other pic says hood of destiny, though?
  17. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    Reaaly? I was able to coth someone across zones or go to someone across zones? when did I miss that change and what GU did it go on one? Wonder why I am not able to get it to work in game right now, trying to summon my necro who is in the guild hall at the moment with my conjie that is also a tinkerer and it just does not work. You are wrong, the ability to summon across zones is NOT in the game with the tinkered item, the conjuror spell or the racial ability. Those abilities, items and spells should be upgraded to match the veteran reward ability or the give the short end of the stick to tinker's, conjuror's and the races that get the call ability. It IS taking away the value of those.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ashreal Guest

I've been viewing everyone's responses, and it would be nice if the 6th year Veteran's pack did includ potions for tradeskill and levelling since there will be a new expansion coming out that raises the level pack. And before anyone gets up on their soap box complaining that it's an unfair advantage... I don't see it as being unfair for those people who've been faithful EverQuest II subscribers since release. Those folks should get the goodies! Not to mention the fact that you can buy xp pots in the marketplace almost as good as what people are getting in the veteran's packs. I think that the percentage difference is only at about 5% or so? I believe that the ones in some veteran's packs are 55% and the max on the ones you can buy is like 50%.
    A title should be granted as well imho.
    Or perhaps do the title thing even one better and make it so that the people who've been playing since launch get the title of Settler or some such? Maybe Pioneer? I dunno... But, surely the folks at SoE have records that show who's been around that long. :)
    To be honest there is always going to be someone who doesn't like the way things are done, and will always disagree with any veteran's pack of any sort being offered. But, your long standing players are going to be your veteran player base that you're going to want to take care of, well at least in my opinion. :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Ashreal Guest

How is that taking away the value of tinker's call or leaving them behind, why should they be rewarded in the same manner as those that have been playing longest? The veteran rewards should always be better than what's readily available in game as a spell, tradeskill item, or buyable item from the marketplace.
    Otherwise why bother even rewarding the players who've got years of time and money invested in the game?
    If you absolutely have to have what's available as a vet pack, and do not have the time invested to actually get the veteran's pack for free, then maybe SOE can make them available in the marketplace at a higher rate of sale then the stuff that is in there now.
  20. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

I asked to see a tradeskill filler in another thread, and got one.