Premium infusers

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Jachin, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Jachin Active Member

How is that related to this thread?
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

This is what you said... this is what you are complaining about, and this is what I commented on. Either belly up to the bar and shell out the cash or don't, it is YOUR choice.

The game is playable and more importantly enjoyable without using the infusers.

And I went and looked on the marketplace, the 30 dollar pack you mentioned must either not have been released yet or pretty well hidden since I didn't find it.

You got your first thread locked for being combative, I foresee this one ending the same way.
    Xillean likes this.
  3. Vokan Well-Known Member

The premium infusers for $29 are no where as good as the premium infusers from the pre order
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Does that mean you're going to stop posting then? Non-issue, OP is troll.
    Lojaak likes this.
  5. Freeheroic! Member

WTF is wrong with you all. Are you guys seriously defending DBG providing a way to directly buy increased stats from the marketplace?

This is the definition of P2W. And if people are fine with it, then DBG will add another way to pay $$ for increased character abilities, and another, and another.
    Jachin likes this.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Reforging isn't P2W either. Just throwing that out there :)
  7. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I my view, which is usually quite on the user/gamer side, I don't see a P2W here. You can work to make infusers yourself and not buy them. Sure you need to actually play the game to do that, not shell out money and login for 5 minutes to show off.

As long as stuff that is on the marketplace is a shortcut to things to achieve by work in game it's okay with me. I can decide if I give money for a shortcut or do the dirtywork myself.

So stop whining about things you can actually change and do yourself. Stop whining that your neighbours house has a more pretty color. Change what you can change, work for what you want and don't run around pointing fingers at others "they are mean because they have xy" with that attitude you will always be miserable because you won't change something for yourself.
  8. KythosMeltdown Active Member

I would love to see you have any success tanking without reforging to 100% hate mod, or have any success in any actually difficult content (High level heroics/raids) without reforging AE Auto to 100%. Those stats don't exist on gear otherwise (or barely do).

But hey you can do solos with your 50mil parse right? so it can't be P2W /s
  9. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Pay to win, not by matter of opinion, means that gear/items are available by payement of real life money (that does not include a subscription) that are of equal or greater value than what you can achieve in game. Hence you paid to have the best stuff in the game.

-
  10. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Yes I know what pay to win means.

If this was weaponry, mounts, armor and stuff with exorbitant stats, which you can't get by spending time inside the game it is pay to win.

If you can gain similar stuff by just putting in effort and end with the same results, then it is not pay to win. Because you can "work" in the game without paying for it to achieve the same.

P2W for me only if there is no other option than to hand out money for things, you can't get by another way like putting in effort.

And those infusers is really just whining : "wha wha wha I want to infuse but it costs real money!" which is totally BS. You can run solos, advanced solos, farm keys, salvage the stuff you get and don't need for yourself or alts, make a SL of infusers to use and get the same result. Ok you may need 5 or more infusers to get the same buffing as a bought one, but you can still get the same outcome without paying $ or € or which not online currency you want.

Edited.
  11. KythosMeltdown Active Member

REGARDLESS OF THE DEFINITION OF PAY TO WIN : which this thread is unecessarily focusing on. The OP has an issue with the fact that another person can purchase something which is otherwise very difficult to obtain in the game. Most other games playerbase's chastise their developers when something like this happens
    for example :
    - Rift - http://www.mmobomb.com/rift-erects-paywalls-perhaps-boycott-ended-early/
    - Allods http://www.mmobomb.com/pay-to-win/allods-online
    - ArcheAge - http://news.mmosite.com/content/2016-03-03/what_happened_with_archeage.shtml (that game came and went in a flash didn't it?)

the list goes on and on about games that do this and mass exodus' of players etc. and OP does not wish that on EQ2, although. The playerbase remaining is largely "okay" with the "not necessarily pay to win, but pay to get as good as someone else who spent a long time on their character" aura of EQ2.
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Agreed. And with the possible exception of the bonus infusers*, there have been few features or items that are not available in game or by subscribing (which includes 500DBC a month plus other benefits), or that do not have the equivalent or better available through playing. Even the portals that come only with the collector's editions can be used by anyone, and many people have set up transport houses that are open to anyone.

Daybreak does a very good job of skirting that pay-to-win line...they are definitely pay-to-speed-up, but there are alternative routes to real money for pretty much everything.

( * - I am not familiar enough with all of the tiers of infusing to be sure whether infusers at that same tier are or are not available through game play.)
  13. Freeheroic! Member

No, that's not how it works. Clash of Clans is P2W. You can't buy anything with USD that you can't do by playing normally, but you can pay $20 and advance a week's worth of progression. This is the same. You compare two identical guilds, one whose players pay USD for infusers, one whose players don't, guess which guild is going to win the progression race.

It's great you feel that way, but you're wrong. Imagine if you could pay USD for extra ascension scrolls. Pay $50 and you max out ascension in a month. How is that not P2W? You're still only buying things that you can acquire through normal means, but it provides a huge advantage.

Actually no, I don't want the infusers. I want them to not be on the marketplace. I want to play a game where you pay a subscription and you're on even ground with everyone else. I want to play a game where you're not tempted to spend $50, $100, on top of the expansion costs and subscription fees just so you can nickel and dime your way to higher stats.
    Jachin likes this.
  14. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

@Freeheroic! perhaps with that kind of view you need to learn not to see EQ2 as a pro sport but as it is a fun game (if you let the bugs out and all the crashes) to have fun, enjoy your time.

I can understand if you spend time and more time equipping your main char, then 2 months after a new expansion is out, you are full heroically equipped do good, and mechanics are changed, so that 80% of the upgraded gear you have worked for is for the trashbin, because those stats you yearned for aren't doing anything anymore... Then I can understand that you'll be pissed.

Else, like I said, if you can achieve something in game, and get it perhaps some time earlier spending cash, if you must, then ok. It is your decision. If your EPeen depends on it, your selfworth, being better than everybody else... ok. but then like said above, take a look at your attitude.

I don't care to be No.1 parse as dps. I want to do a good job. That is all. I don't need to be No.1. I want fun in game, that's why I don't raid anymore. I did before my wife and I decided to stop playing, because 2-3 times a week on specific times is too much killing the fun for me, and then her.

Even though I'm a kind of min/maxer, or semi pro gamer, I experiment with different skill lines, stand at the dummy parsing, try to get everything out of the char with what I got. But I don't give money for stuff I can work on. So it takes me a week longer... doesn't bother me. Won't end the world. I get there, and that is what matters.

But I spend cash on houses, or visual equipment, perhaps a bag with more slots, tracking books, port baubles... yes... things that makes it a little more convenient. But not in big numbers.

Aaaand again, first, I don't see infusers on the marketplace, even if, I can still farm stuff to make my own, I don't need to buy them. I can wait, don't need to be No.1.

Cheers
    Ang

And an Edit...

You can't buy ascension scrolls, and that is a complete other kind of thing. Though you can buy experience vials, perhaps they shorten the ascension scroll grind! OMG!!!
  15. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Theres a reason this game is alive, and its the few players left spending the same amount as thousands.
  16. Jachin Active Member

How many times do I need to make clear that the ONLY WAY to get these bonus infusers is by BUYING them in consumable packs for 30 BUCKS per pack?
  17. Jachin Active Member

Or, if you people could tell me a way to get these (or similar stat BONUS infusers) \aITEM 1771170769 -1157588426: Premium Equipment Infuser\/a without spending 6$ a piece, I would be fine.

PS
    Yes, they say they give up to 8 cb/pot, but it gives more (13-17 cb/pot per infused item), if you are going to say this is a lie, feel free to experiment with it using standard infusers (they go over what the say they max give) or prove me you can get 13-17% cb/pot from other bonus infusers.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The infusers with a <100% success can give more because if they FAIL they bump up what they will infuse when they do work.
    100% chance infusers do not suffer/benefit from that mechanic. What they say they infuse is EXACTLY what they infuse because they can't 'bump up' how much they can infuse by failing the first (or 2nd or 5th) time.
  19. Jachin Active Member

That is not what I am saying. I am saying that the infuse cap ACCORDING to the text on the infuser is about half of the real cap. For example, it says it can maximally increase potency by 8, while in reality this is in between 13-17 potency.
  20. KythosMeltdown Active Member

the white infusers buff all the stats at once, not just one, and bump up the stats beyond the cap on all the infusers other than the epic