Pre-Order

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Trynbuy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Trynbuy Member

When and where do I Pre-order Blood of Luclin? went to link on update notes but it's not there
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Should be up later today.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. scynter Member

Glad I'm not the only one asking this. Thought I was losing my marbles. Had the page refreshing on repeat like what?
    Cyrrena and Kittybock like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah the patch notes mention it, but I figure they haven't updated it just yet. Probably give a few hours and it'll be up.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Kittybock like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

From what I have heard, I would not expect to see the preorder stuff and/or Beta until sometime after noon, San Diego time.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

Seems like an odd decision to include links to all this stuff before the pages are available.
    Cyrrena and Mermut like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

This is the first time there has been this level of 'information blackout' about the upcoming expac this close to beta. It's disconcerting and worrying :(
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The patch notes are posted a day early and before we actually patch so that is why the link was included in them. Preorders will likely go live around 12 PM PST (noon).
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  9. echoing Member

could this not have been posted in the notes to prevent confusion, or even posted in the producers letter. I think the main complain is there has been 0 communication response to players concerns
    Cyrrena, Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Laaw like this.
  10. Mithriel New Member

Once we buy the preorder expansion, how soon will we be able to access the beta server? Same day?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Same day.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Concerns related to when beta would launch?
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Be patient folks. I didn't see these kind of concerns or complaints when EQ1 pre-orders were released. The producer letter did say between 10 AM and 12 PM for pre-orders.
  14. echoing Member

everything really, we still dont have launch date, nothing has been said on pricing of xpac, nothing until now has been said about the time pre-orders would be available. in previous years we had a clue as to what is going on with the xpac by now and currently we know more about some new server than an xpac, like previous said it is worrying because it is almost like the xpac is a 2nd thought and you guys dont care. maybe it is just me but that is just what i see
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Mithriel New Member

On beta/new expansions the devs should start earlier before 7am.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

It would be wonderful to know what we preorder before preordering it wouldnt it?

Where is the trailer video, where is the stream announcement? What about some zone screenshots, some knowledge about the potential new system(s)? Class balances? Changes to stats? AA tweaking? The new raid progression system? A walkthrough of just one of the new heroic dungeons?
  17. Pumpkin Member

Forget the expansion. What's in the new pack?
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  18. echoing Member

This expansion will bring you a level increase from 110 to 120 for adventurers and tradeskillers with new quests for both, signature lines, and more as you explore Luclin.
    We’ve got all new solo, heroic, and raid content, including new challenge modes and contested raid fights.

this is all we know and preordering start in 2.5 hours? like how many over land zones, how many solos, heroics (are the heroics just cut and paste of the solos again), what does raids look like? 1 zone, 10 zones, 20 mobs or 100 mobs? raiding going to work like this last xpac where it is just gated on resolve, are you currently sticking with the bad resolve system? how many contested this is something new and just recently brought back with kael. like stated by mermut there has been just such and information blackout we know almost nothing on this new xpac, but hey guess we are going to the moon which is funny cause it was said years ago by the dev team that this would never happen. that being said i hope and look forward to it just can we get some communication or information about what is going on
    Cyrrena and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You don't have to pre-order today. When the purchase page becomes available, a lot of what will be included will be listed.

There are huge problems for the company with publishing a comprehensive list of what will be available in a new expansion, because the dev team is still frantically programming stuff. They need to hold up on extensive revelations until they see what has been completed and will be ready for the official release. I expect that as things are firmed up by DBG, we will see interview videos, sneak peeks, screenshots, etc.

You have the luxury of waiting a few days and asking other players who are doing the Beta what they think of the expansion. Also, the community folks who volunteer their time and efforts to update the wiki will be documenting their hineys off, so that will also be a resource.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Siren and 2 others like this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I think the EQ2 community is more concerned is due to the fact that they have a more limited secondary view. EQ1 has lots of up-to-date community resources (EQResource, Allakhazam/Lucy). Select EQ1 players were mapping Torment of Velious a week before release. EQResource had zone screenshots and other content on the ready.
    Cyrrena likes this.