Pre-Order EverQuest II - Age of Discovery Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

[IMG]
    EverQuest II - Age of Discovery is now available for pre-order! This exciting new expansion to the world of Norrath will be released early December, 2011.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-wbmann Guest

Disregard, it's working now.

How do we pre-order it, everytime I go to the preorder page, I get Destiny of Velious or a page about War of Zek with no pre-order option.

thanks
  3. ARCHIVED-Ashlanne Guest

wbmann wrote:
    Thanks for letting us know, we are looking into it now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

5. ARCHIVED-wbmann Guest

Thank you, I have placed my pre-order. Can't wait!
  6. ARCHIVED-CeJae Guest

$40? For what?
    I'll be canceling both of my accounts, good luck with your game.

edit: Oh and by the way..
    AA Limit Increase
    • The AA limit will be increased above the current limit of 300.
    You're asking people to buy something when they don't even know what they are getting? Increased by how many? Up to 325, 350, 400? 500? Ability to spend more in each current tree, or just a cap raise meaning they will be forced to spend AAs in the tradeskill tree?
    What a mess.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ashlanne Guest

Fixed now. :)

Our Webpresense team is also fixing the issue with the Collector's edition price.
    Thank you all for your patience.
  8. ARCHIVED-RadarX Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=483458&post_id=5655189 Removed for Trolling
  9. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Sigh, unless I can get a pre paid visa gift card I guess I'm not going to be able to get Age of Discovery I do not use credit cards
  10. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Wow. Holy not worth buying unless you make the non-actually gameplay rewards so good that people feel like they have to buy it. Horrible, horrible launch.
    --edit--
    Your exit survey needs to be updated to allow an 'other' category to write in the explanation for leaving.
  11. ARCHIVED-clairebear Guest

What the... $40 for the expansion?? Are you kidding??
    DOV, with all its updates, cost that amount, and now you're giving us unspecified AA increase, a new class (which surely should be available on marketplace), DYOD (which you don't know how many will use), reforging (which again there is little info on) and the ability to duo with a mercenary that apparently won't be as skilled as a normaly player..
    Seriously, with all the comments on this "expansion" in the forums, they should really have considered marketing it $20 - $30 absolute maximum.
  12. ARCHIVED-Valonia Guest

So .. uhm .. maybe I'm blind or you are hiding it behind a javascript/flash wall I can't see through. But .. how does the cloak, beastlord warder and new home look?!

You can't seriously expect me to dump 72$ (props for doing a fair currency translation for once!) into something I know nothing about.

And about as important: Will we be able to buy AoD through the Marketplace?
  13. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Valonia@Nagafen wrote:
    Seriously. More details, please. (I feel like I'm turning into a broken record these days...)

Also... the price, compaired to what we got from other expansions. Ugh... and not enough details about what we're getting there, either.
  14. ARCHIVED-dropdoff Guest

Very underwhelming.
    Another Cloak - Yay
    Another Robe - Yay
    Flying Mount - Yay - Maybe have it so the run speed is the same as other land mounts - Yay
    Another House - Is it as ugly as the Everfrost Home?
    New Accounts Get Extra 30 Days - What about those who have been here awhile? I don't know something saying, "Hey, thanks for sticking with us." Padded Football helmet so when we bang our head against the wall.
    AA Limit - Undisclosed amount is really . . . really vague. Come on really?
    Unique Beastlord pet - That everyone else will have if they get the collectors addition.
    How about something better? One of the things I buy on the marketplace is vitality potions. How about throwing in a couple of those or XP potions. Just something that would be a nice little bonus. Something that doesn't require a lot of programming and is already in the game.
    Still even with that $40-$60 is still high for the little that is happening in this "expansion."
  15. ARCHIVED-Kvanilya Guest

Can we get some info on these "perks" for the collector's edition please? I don't see this expansion being worth the same as the others as it isn't really an expansion at all but I at least want to give the benefit of doubt that some thought has been put into the collector's edition at least. Hopefully no more ridiculous looking robes.

Also, with the ability to create dungeons, could there be the ability to create armors/clothing coming? Would love to see some clothing/armors that at least looked like it might be getting better looking or possible rediscovery of old patterns or something.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

You've GOT to be kidding me! $40 for a few features? What SOE is offering is just a sliver of what past expansions have offered, for the same price. No thanks, I won't be purchasing this GU-disguised-as-an-expansion. There is absolutely not enough value in the "content" being offered to merit a $40 price tag. The fact that Smokejumper believes that this "expansion" is worth $40 is insulting, to be honest. It's also very telling on how out of touch he is.
  17. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Will the pre-order be available for SC on the marketplace?
  18. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

How long is pre-order? Have you actually set a release date? Can we buy it with station cash? (probably not)
    As much as I (potentially) want the house, mount and special pet, (The dungeon creator items aren't even interesting) without details, there's no way I'm dropping $60 on the small amount of stuff that is in the new pac. I really don't think it's even worth the standard price. It seems like this one just got skimped on.
  19. ARCHIVED-Chanaluss Guest

which version do Fan Faire attendees get?
  20. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

Indeed before spending the money I'd like to see more info on the content, i.e. pictures of the Lavastorm house, the mount, AA lvl cap etc. We need details to be able to choose so hopefully those will be communicated very soon