Pre-Order EverQuest II - Age of Discovery Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-eXpLoSiVe Guest

Soooooo are you going to fix the pricing error before December 6th? Surely the $39.99 was a .gif leftover from DoV?
  2. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    as a friendly SOE MOD directed us here from another thread to leave our feedback, here i am:
    I would pay 10$ - so, i cancelled my Preorder.
    Fallen Dynasty did cost more but was also worth much, much more.
    I'll still visit Nizara for the memories and Chel'Drak to say hello.
    Would have happily bought (with screaming giggles) a DOV 2 Expansion.
    Anyway, i'll stay a paying customer. I just hope the content comes soon enough before half
    of our guild leaves for SWTOR :(
    Regards, theriatis.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

theriatis wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaarysal Guest

theriatis wrote:
    +1, fallen dynasty was a great content pack, emphasis on content, with a reasonable price. For $40 we get nothing new to explore. The whole DoV one price model garbage went out the window when in 1 years time we got 4 new heroic zones and 4 raid zones which all have screwed up loot and buggy encounters still waiting to be fixed. If we had received enough zones over that peroid of time that combined would equal even close to an expansion, AoD would not seem so bad.
    P.S. nda should be lifting soonish as per the webcast yesterday, can't wait to see everyone's already low expectations be crushed further
  5. ARCHIVED-Dyeana Guest

[IMG] 11/29/2011 12:32:21 Subject: Re:Re:Re:pre-Order EverQuest II - Age of Discovery Today!
    Isulith wrote:
    Come on folks!
    All these new zones, instances, raid encounters and quests in the new expansion need polishing! SOE does NOT want to deliver an underwhelming sub-par expansion to its loyal player base!

What new zones, instances, raid encounters and quests???? None were promised in this GU. Or did I miss a lot of addition to this expansion?

Dye
  6. ARCHIVED-Marialle Guest

I pre-ordered the CE. Seriously, people, if all you're going to do is complain about it, don't post.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kitsune75 Guest

Xariama@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I preordered as well, but the regular version. Actually the Beastlord is what brought me back to EQ2. Hopefully I have as much fun as I had with my BL in EQ1.
  8. ARCHIVED-Senvilan_Aphoticgaze Guest

And why shouldn't they complain if they feel something isn't fair? Going by your logic, things would never change for the better. Besides, mods have been closing all of the threads about the complaints and telling them to come here to voice their opinion, so they're doing what they have been told.
    Now I'll end this with an equally pointless, yet situationally appropriate reversal - If all you're going to do is complain about people complaining, even if it's well with-in the realm of legitimacy, don't post.
  9. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Kitsune75 wrote:
    Same. Honestly, I am agreeing with many people about the pricing being a bit too high, as it is more fluff than real content (meaning no whole new continents) but I too cannot wait for the BL, so I picked up the regular edition.
  10. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Ok we heartily disagree with you..... we see SOE trying to pull some wool on us here that isn't right.

Most players agree the cost for the expansion is a bit way too high.

Most agree that the F2P isn't the best direction for the game

seriously i'm telling them here, and likely tell them with my pocketbook when i do not or will not pre order or buy their Expansion Feature Pack for $39.99
  11. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

If we don't post, and speak our minds politely and professionally, then they don't know that we're dissatisfied, and nothing...ever...changes. So, with all due respect...if you don't want to read us complaining, don't read. And if you don't want to fuel the fire, don't respond. I'm posting here because of YOU. Directly. So my post is YOUR fault.
    That said, I'll add my two coppers to the kitty: This expansion is seriously over-priced, especially in comparison to the prior expansion, which while also overpriced for a digital download, contained considerably more readily acknowledgable 'content' than this.
    Part of the problem is that SOE is, and has been, very stingy about discussing anything in any form of detail until the last possible moment. And even then, it's practically impossible to pin anyone down and get a solid, straight answer. Now, to be fair, Smokejumper HAS been coming forward more lately with what's going through the minds and meetings of the Dev Team. And progress IS being made. But poor decisions are still being made, and it is our voice and support (or lack thereof) that's going to let them know when these poor decisions are happening.
    Free-to-Play/Reintigration of EQ2X/Slimline Pricing Plan: Good decision. Probably the best one they could have made. Been spouting this pretty much since EQ2X went hot, almost exactly the way they're implementing it. I love it when I'm right.
    Station Cash for recurring Subscriptions: Three words: ABOUT. FRIGGING. TIME.
    New launcher: Good decision, sounds like it'll need a little further tweaking, but ditching the Flash requirement is a good thing.
    Age of Discovery pricing: Bad decision, especially when they're launching F2P simultaneously. A lower price point would provoke far more people into purchase/pre-order, especially those people who may have been gone for considerable periods of time. I see this as a bad marketing move - "Hey, the game is free now! Come back! Then pay as much for the new incidental stuff as you would for a full game!". My usual response to such methods is "Screw that, I'll buy a full game."
    SOE Discussion/Feedback/Response: Poor...but improving. As long as it continues to trend upward, you won't hear me complain much. But don't think I'm not watching to make sure it's trending upwards, and don't think I won't start hollaring if it backslides. Brasse and Domino know full well how much I can hollar.
  12. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    ok, I LOL'ed at this post.
    I think that the general consensous would be that people feel it is priced to high. I don't think anyone is going to disagree here. That being said, sales will tell the tale.
    Um, about most people thinking that f2p is the wrong way to go. You might want to post your statistics here. I think you will find it evenly split between the yes and No's with a fair majority not caring one way or another becasue it does not change there gameplay at all.
    The model they have come up with gets more people into the game, lets those that have been doing a subscription get the same thing they have been getting and even some bonus SC. I know a lot of people who have no problem at all with the model and many who actually like the model. So the most of us don't like it card is FAIL.
    I have preordered the expansion/feature/addon pack and will enjoy building up my SC so I can purchase future packs from that. In the end the game is changing and more importantly the market is changing.
    This is a great game and if they can bring more people into it, it would be nice. I have played on the live and free servers and must say, there is a lot bigger population on the free servers. Now the question is, what type of population. You get a lot of people who are new to the game, who are trying to learn the game, who are exploring the game, kinda like when it was new. Maybe people have forgotten in there rush to be all powerful end game content what it is like to be new to the game. You might actually find some new people to have fun with in game if you give it a chance.
    So in the end, expect they will try there hand at this and see if the model is supportable. If it is, things might grow, if not, they will have to look at other models, either way, they need to do something becasue we are loosing people regularly. Heck, I like the content coming out thoughout the year. Get tired of seeing the rush to the end game, quit for 6 months, come back and rush to the end game.
  13. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

To be honest, I think Collector's Edition is a better value over the Standard verison.
    If we accordingly follow the prices on SC, the rent-free house and the mount easily amount to half of the pre-order price ($60). Plus unique Beastlord warder, an armor set and cloak, and all the rest. And they're per character so basically limitless.
    I know the stuff are fluff, but I do think this is something to consider about.
  14. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

My biggest complaint and I think many agree, is this "Expansion" isn't actually expanding any new content.

No new zones/instances/raids, had they released a new continent say a newly found land of the beastlords with new stuff i'd happily pay the price asked.

as for the free housing, all I have to say is UHHHH ok you can't afford 5-10 Gold in "rent" a week, then maybe you are doing something incorrectly. If one will run any of the instance zones in DoV there is enough to keep your rents paid fof about 2-3 months and that is off the shard chest.
    As far as whats coming the pro's dont all outweigh the cons.

Take the 500SC per month doesn't mean that much to me i rarely buy from the Marketplace, but thank you SOE just the same i'll take the $5 in sony-money if you are offering it.
    freeport revamp - good idea, Kelethin, New Halas and Gorwyn have been one continous zone for a while make the original cities that way is good.
    F2P - TBH i am really on a wait and see mode, i think it can go two ways a) it brings more people in that may go and sub up to end game or b)the influx of F2P players will bog servers down, lower player quality and most will not sub to play end game.
    But i digress those aren't part of the upcoming expansion those are free to all
    Beastlords, i think its about time to add a new class, it was popular from EQ1 and has a place.
    Reforging - if it works like i hope it does, great but its still a mystery
    DYOD - ehh may or may not partake, i used to enjoy making scenarios in my Strat Games
    AA Increase.... well i'm a tad sore on that i would have guessed they would give out at least 25 to keep your build plus add to the TS tree if you want or put 20 in the remaining trees and pop 5 over in TS ..... Ideally they would have given us 45 to do both, or better yet unlock the tree's so that some classes don't need to worry about a dps build vs tank build, healing build, raid build, group build and solo build, but i'm being lazy there.
    TS Aprentices - may actually convince me to ts, is a part of the game i rarely partake in but many do so not a bad item
    Mercenaries, a double edged sword if you ask me are they a symptom of low server populations or are they something to help people play with under manned groups etc. I think a neat idea overall
    Still this isn't worth $40.... is it time for an occupy Quenos Harbor movement?
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Dyeana wrote:
    Maybe you are not familiar with /sarcasm
  16. ARCHIVED-ForestElder Guest

I found this expansion not so exciting and really not worth the money unless you drop the price. Come on SOE you can do better then this! No new zones and you dont get the previous expansions.