Polite Request for the next (and future?) expansion(s)

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Can we get more wide-open overland zones? Lately, many seem to be more like overland dungeon mazes then outside. Not really a complaint, more of an observation. I don't mind Canyons/Caves/Mountains(as long as I can actualy climb them) just noting that more mega-maze effect is all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah.. Jarsath Wastes, Kylong Plains, and Fens of Nathsar are the last really wide open overland zones we've been to, and even they're intricately designed with canyons, caves, castles, and other obstacles that don't start with a C scattered around and making it feel compact.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I just hope Velious or where-ever they go next has areas reminescent of the old planes of Karana. Which is wierd beacause I remember a corpse run in SK that was hard for all the trees and wind open spaces.
  4. ARCHIVED-ebon hawk Guest

Something I would like to see is access to all the deitys that are usefull to your class.
    If you are good and want an Evil deity, the best one for your class, they make you betray and loose all your spells and have to start over? thats just not a well thought out system.
    maybe make it a faction based thing that you need to work on to be able to get the Deity of your choice?
    Just a thought.
    Thanks for getting me hooked to this never ending game! ;~)
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Toxek@Nagafen wrote:
    The good vs. Evil thing is part of the core mechanics of this game. That's not going to change, and people have to accept that some things cannot be theirs.
  6. ARCHIVED-cronar Guest

Just one expansion i would like to see the area look at least a little similar to what it used to look like pre shattering.
    Don't get me wrong, i think Odus is great, but soe you already did this expansion when it was called kingdom of sky......
  7. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Also another request on a similiar vein.
    Please stop with the giant wastes of space on maps.
    First we had Moors where half the area you can see on the map isn't accessible.
    Now we have Sundered Frontier, which only takes up half the Island its on and the other half only excists on the map.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

Ummudien@Guk wrote:
    I have to second this. Even back in DoF most of it you cant get to if you remeber the big fold out map that came in the box. I understand there are areasthat would be untraversable but with the shattered lands and everything being broken cept kunark and feydwer it would seem that there should be more land. Or thoes unexplorable areas would be more acceptable if the landmasses were contenants instead of little islands.
    Also with the next expantoin please be a full contenant dont let it be up in the sky.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

That reminds me the Woods on the other side of the river in JW Wish I could have gone there it was visable buit no-go, Please throw us a bone and open it as the Petrfied woods or somethign and make it a large flat expans for the most part, one you can really get lost in! :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    The time I wasted trying to get over to those trees :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Ikke Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    And you were not the only one!
    I always hate it when I run into these invisible walls! I'm an explorer, so let me be able to go to every mountaintop and every tree that i can see!
  12. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Honestly its a bad mechanic that limits the game.
    All classes should ve avialble to both city factions.
    All dietes should be avilable to all classes.
    Also the next expansion should be pushed to March release. Imho februrary was a waste since most eq2 developers seemed to take off alot fo time for the holidays and the final release looked like it was rushed.
  13. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Danger@Guk wrote:
    So true. I commented on this during Beta. Just like Sky - I suspect they used a lot of the same models. PLEASE NO MORE ISLANDS IN THE SKY.
    Zabjade wrote:
    Yes I too miss the wide-open overland zone. PLEASE NO MORE MAZES for overland zone. Bring back the wide-open spaces.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Gungo wrote:
    Go play on the PVP servers then. That's the most this game is going to allow, just because they complained about not being able to raid with the proper classes without killing half the raid themselves.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    And the devs agreed it was an unbalanced and bad mechanic.
    Furthermore the entire freeport vs qeynos concept was a failed mechanic that even you have to admit never developed due to the unbalanced nature.

It makes no sense freeport guilds REWARD qeynos citizens w CITY status rewards and vice versi. They intend for people to ignore the inconsistent lore and mechanics because the game is unbalanced. There are NPCs in cities who should not be there because thier class is city restricted. The entire concept is dated and limited and really serves no purpose other then to contain some antequated mechanics that got changed moments before the initial release.
    And honestly cusa you have absolutely NO IDEA what the game is going to allow. The fact that pvp does allow this is evidence enough it is not only possible but it works without any disassemblence of lore.
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    The importance of alignment has reduced substantially since the game began.
    But the bigger issue is that all good deities are about healing. And all evil deities are about DPS. It's outmoded and silly. Why is Anasthi Sul the best deity for a Coercer (and an Illusionist if they could choose it)? Why would a mage align themselves with the former prime healer? This faithfulness to "the core mechanics of the game" doesn't hold water when your deities don't even line up with their stated purposes.
    Point is, the lore of the ranger is killing swiftly and mercifully. Yet we don't have any deity like that. We have Marr which is a poor fit at best, and Bristlebane which is a foppish silly deity.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Gungo wrote:
    When I said "this game" I wasn't talking about it from a technical standpoint, and yes, allowing Paladins- the very emphasis of all that is good and holy, to start in Freeport- a city corrupted by evil, and follow an evil god is very much a disassemblence of lore.
    It's not like the dieties are all that big an issue anyways. You can only use a blessing or miracle twice before you have to run back to your home to recharge it. Does that +3.0 DPS increase for 20 seconds that you will only use twice during a raid really make that significant an impact?
  18. ARCHIVED-cronar Guest

I have the feeling that they are leaving holes in every expansion so that they can eventually do a "Lost dungeons of norrath" style set.
    On Kunark you have that entire forest zone as well as a big chunk of cabalis on the mountain top.
  19. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Plus there is the little fact of Lucan killing every single Paladin that resided in Freeport and labled them Traitors. Many other classes have similar reasons for there not being in the other city. Granted some really are not major, like Brigand vs Swashbuckler, but others are. Especally the Priests.
  20. ARCHIVED-Dizix Guest

it was cool to hear Christopher Lee though. lol