Please lets Revamp Qeynos and Freeport!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Jul 18, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Naubeta Guest

2. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Seliri@Nagafen wrote:
    Yes please, especially for the Froglok mounts, the lore ones mentioned in the original battle of Gukta would be awesome, and I bet a lot of repilian races would like to use them too.
    I would like to hear that they have some sort of plan for the cities, or at least the original zones with this new expansion, right now they are good graphically, if uninspiring for content. But I can see a lot of new players still heading to them to try out Everquest 2 and making their mind up without even going near Hallas.

Still the dream move would be to glue all the cities together getting rid of as much zoning as possible, what content needs to be put in there though I'm not sure, a simple start would be occasional roaming bad guys (pick pockets, thieves, muggers etc) in the obscure quarters that you can kill/subdue for a reward.
  3. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Gungo wrote:
    They'd all be great to see in the game, there are too many harsh breaks to immersion for my liking around, travelling by bells is one, smoothing them all with a ship coming in, or a carpet flying off into the distance as you load the next zone would make the world feel a lot more seamless.
    On the different ideas thread, one thing I do see sometimes in EQ2 are quests with multiple branches, when I find one for me its superb since it breaks the whole fetch and retrieve feel of quests and makes them more interactive. Having more of them in the game really would differentiate EQ2 from its competitors more so I'd slip some of them into the starting zones.
  4. ARCHIVED-bored93 Guest

yea that would be nice i like the idea of geting ur rep up even more after u get into the city becuase i got a wood elf necro the comments get old but besides that i would like to see something to bring people back to the main parts of the cities instead of just staying in a guild hall
  5. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Back in beta there was a short peroid i think where each main district of the two original cities was just 1 big zone. They seporated them because of lag issues. Now everyone has better computers (I Hope) so i think it should be time to rejoin those zones. Notice how the game mechanics are for timorious deep /goriwyn and faydark / kelethin, how everything is 1 large zone? Why can't all the districts of the original cities be doctored up with the same mechanics? I don't think the whole zones would have to be remade from scratch, just some tweaking and connecting is all. of course I'm not on the coding end of the game, but i have built mods for gams like oblivion before.

As for the NPCs i agree they need changed too. There are some NPCs in Qeynos who still think Tunare has not returned.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

As for the revamping they could do it like a variation on the other building projects that have happened.
  7. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Clean up yer stinkin' city Lucan!
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-bored93 Guest

would they realy re do the citys with everything there already adding for the expantion?